Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Electric Power?

I don't know if anybody's considered this, but a person could add some serious 'real' rocket boost to their Pee-Wee bike if they installed front and/or rear electric hub motors with the battery packs and controller hidden in the tanks and back rack. The front hub motor would even be hidden by the swirly disks.

48V 1000W ELECTRIC BICYCLE KIT E-BIKE MOTOR HUB ENGINE - eBay (item 290537724096 end time Feb-27-11 17:59:23 PST)

I mean heck, if you're in a couple grand for an x-1, what's five hundred more for rocket power? :love
But how to make the smoke . . .

Just stumbled onto this on the internet... Pretty awesome... This is the miniature used in the dinosaur dream sequence... I guess its on display in some studio office... There wasnt much info about it...

cool find,I've seen that pic, in fact I've saved it but never thought it was that particular prop.

Question to you guys- what are you using for the red tubing?
Actual bike shift cable tubing? It seems thicker than shifter cable tubing.
It looks close to shifter cable in the pics I got.

Last edited:
Re: Electric Power?

I don't know if anybody's considered this, but a person could add some serious 'real' rocket boost to their Pee-Wee bike if they installed front and/or rear electric hub motors with the battery packs and controller hidden in the tanks and back rack. The front hub motor would even be hidden by the swirly disks.

That's very cool. My only concern would be braking ability. My neighbor installed a 50cc motor on on old Huffy and let me take it for a spin. It was all sorts of fun until I came up on a stop sign at 30mph with nothing but a rear coaster brake to stop me. Needless to say, I'm lucky there wasn't any cross-traffic as I rolled through the intersection with a look of horror plastered on my face. As far as modifications go, I played with the idea of working taillights. Old Schwinn Phantoms were available with coaster brake-activated brake lights. I think repro kits are still being sold. Either that or turn signals using two of the tank buttons for right and left. I'm not sure how to power the lights though.

Question to you guys- what are you using for the red tubing?

I picked up some vintage bmx brake shielding... Yeah, my first impression was that it was too small... but after photgraphing it and comparing it to the screen caps... It looks pretty close... I dont think they make larger brake shielding but i could be wrong...

I was able to come up with dimensions based on screen caps and the hollywood bike then went to the electronics store and found that one to be almost exact... Im wiring up my lights to light up when pressed... The lights i have in the pic are a bit too small... I have some on the way from china that are the right size... From the screen caps, you can tell they are both latched type push buttons... Meaning they stay down when you push them until pressed again... I think im going to make mine momentary though so they only light up when pressed.

img0362yc.jpg

peewee00067.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a comparison between that pic of the miniature and the screenshot from the movie... Looks like it is the same one... I wasnt completely sure myself... Hard to believe they could make such a crummy miniature look so good on camera... haha...

68823448.jpg

peewee00162copy.jpg

Last edited:
I went to a swap meet in Kansas City yesterday and a guy had a big box filled with dirty, rusty bike saddles. My tetanus shots are up to date so reached in and dug around to see what I could find. I was hoping to find a correct Mesinger Pee Wee saddle for my bike. Near the bottom of the box, I saw something sitting upside down that looked like it might be right. I thought to myself "Please let that be a Mesinger seat with a diamond on each side." I pulled it out and...ding-ding-ding...we have a winner!

It was filthy, but there were no cracks or splits in the vinyl. I asked how much it cost. The guy looked at the rusty springs and said $10. Sold.

After hitting it with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and a coat of Armor-All, it looks pretty good. I'll take a wire brush to the springs and repaint the bottom on the next warm day we get.

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

Nah, not me in that photo...

Nice find Jack... Yeah, i remember those mesinger seats on every cheap beach cruiser around too... A little harder to find now. I managed to find a decent one on ebay a while back... the springs are a tad rusty too... I have a pile of stuff to bead blast before painting my bike...

great find Jack! nice condition too, I found a bunch at the swaps but the guys are looking to trade for gold, I'm pushing towards just getting stuff on ebay you can find mint stuff for close to the same price.

BTW Jaime, I donated those, I don't need three of the same bike! I'll be sending them the them some more parts soon.
I wish the guy that is on here with the original light would sell them the light to get some original parts back.

good find on the pics, I'm glad they used the parts. It's a Museum after all and that a great bike to see there, complete.

BTW- I have both the Shimano and some other after market red cable sleeve, both about the same guage.

I think I should donate a tiger siren to the museum bike. Abe, if you want to PM me the name of a contact person there I'll get in touch and send one their way.

It would be awesome to see a tiger siren back on that bicycle...

I have a bunch of parts i am going to donate too. I need to get it boxed up.

-Black box with red and green buttons ready to mount.
-Red shifter Cable
-Shimano shifter
-Silver mudflaps

Ill see if i can get my hands on an extra mesinger seat too... That red and white one needs to go.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back