Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I recently was able to acquire one of the elusive Tiger sirens! Cast in black plastic and painted to match the film. It has also been modified with a working microphone, just like in the movie!

4456750628_ef374a2d0e.jpg

Better pics to follow!
Any chance you want to sell that Tiger Siren to us? Or do you know where someone get get one??

CMC Mania

So I built a cruiser for myself a few years ago using bicycle junkyard parts. I used the wheels off that project to build up a Schwinn Starlet for Nick's wife. I promised her a three speed, but the three speed wheels meant for her bike were on my bike when it . . . got stolen.
So anyways, I checked and the rear rim still on the Starlet is a CMC! I originally pulled it off a junked late 70s off brand cruiser at the local bike co-op a few years back. The front rim was missing, if I remember correctly. The rear coaster is a Suntour and is completely shot - locks up.
View attachment 49347
View attachment 49348
View attachment 49349
View attachment 49350
Total rim width is 1 1/2". Width of the top contour is 1 3/8" or so.

Also, I found this single CMC rear wheel for sale. It has a different stamp:
View attachment 49351
View attachment 49352

Creebobby, thanks for posting, I've just about given up finding some of those wheels, I feel I'll come across them sooner or later. The reference images are great. Now go back an finish that Batmobile!

I found an old 80s murray girls beach cruiser on craigslist... I swear they were the correct CMC rims... I couldnt for the life of me get the guy to just take a look at them and tell me if they had the CMC logo... Its cool someone found some, like Abe, i had almost given up searching... I was begining to think they were extinct... lol...

Hello All, My name is Lee. I am in Palos Verdes Estates, CA. I taped PW's Big Adventure and watched it with my 4 1/2 year old yesterday. He loved it!!! He especially loved PW's bicycle. I knew he would. I loved it when I was 13 and the movie came out. So, I thought what if . . . Long story short, I was up until 4:45 researching, emailing Kansas Jack, saving things on ebay, buying things left and right online today. I have the sickness now! You guys inspired me and gave me tons of direction through this thread. There is one possible thing I might have to offer. These Solo Polo rear taillights would have been easily accessed by Pedal Pushers. I am probably wrong but they would at least have the bezel and light right there. Here you go:

!BY5d!BwCGk~$(KGrHgoH-D4EjlLl0WegBKkCmFyRTQ~~_3.JPG

Please let me know if you think there is any chance that these were used on any of the bikes. Thanks a lot!

naw, those would be nice to make a functional light, but the lamps on bags are just lenses, the bezls are steel hoops about 3.5" in diameter, about .375" rod diameter. You can get them at the industrial steel supply. Also the lenses are signal stats the are actuall clearance lights, There is another company repoping them, I took some orders a couple months ago ad one of the guy never got back to me so I think I have a couple extra sets.
PM if your interested. I have only the lenses.

I am new to this site, and I'm in search of pee wee Herman gadgets for a bike.. Lets just say I need it all. I own a Vinyl graphic business and I see a lot on the bike that I can cut. I'm not looking for a vintage bike, I will be using a newer Schwinn. The main things are the tiger head, saddle bag compartments, etc.. I have never done this, so maybe someone has one to sell. I was going to by mattbiker's, however I couldn't drive to get it, and he wouldn't ship it.

I am new to this site, and I'm in search of pee wee Herman gadgets for a bike.. Lets just say I need it all. I own a Vinyl graphic business and I see a lot on the bike that I can cut. I'm not looking for a vintage bike, I will be using a newer Schwinn. The main things are the tiger head, saddle bag compartments, etc.. I have never done this, so maybe someone has one to sell. I was going to by mattbiker's, however I couldn't drive to get it, and he wouldn't ship it.

there were some listed in the classifieds

Mattbikers' bike is a nice build but it is not screen accurate. It is a great price, figure on spending about as much on getting one made.
The bags,badges,fins and a bunch of incidentals are custom made.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how much MattBiker's replica sold for, or how much he was asking?

With all these builds, it seems like the last part you make is the 'FOR SALE' sign.

I actually ride vintage bike already so this just a bonus to have a particular bike from a movie that I like, If were into BMXs I'd have either the Karate Kid or the Ellliot BMX bikes.
Yeah kinds of sounds like most are in it to sell, but it also seem that happens a lot here also on the RPF. In fact some people make businesses of it. I've been trying to build this bike since about 2002, if you check out Oldroads.com there are post where I'm looking for more info. It' is great how much info has been collected here already.

Yeah, Im with Abe... Been wanting this bike for a long time. It wasnt until recently that i was able to make that a reality. And i couldnt imagine letting this thing go for $1600... I have so much more money and time invested than that already. However, i cant throw stones, I do sell alot of things i make but i mainly do that so i can fund my other projects... Just makes spending money on things like bicycle parts have less of an impact on my wallet.

Well I have been wanting this bike for a LONG time. For the past year I've been trying to buy someones project.. Well It looks like I'm building one. I'm going to work with a local bike shop that specializes in retro Schwinn bikes, Restoring and custom builds. Since I'm close to Chicago there are a lot of Schwinn pieces to go around his store alone has more vintage Schwinn bikes than new mountain bikes. I've been talking with him the last week reviewing pictures etc. He has some parts in his store already :) But there are a few things I need to know the sizes of so our friends who own a metal fab. business can cut for me. I will be posting a new thread about my project where I will ask questions and show photos up dates.

Reward Poster Screenprint

I recently finished this three color hand-pulled screenprint of a deluxe reward poster!

View attachment 50492

View attachment 50493

View attachment 50494

View attachment 50495

Anyone recognize the bike photo? I had to 'restore' it colorforms style, copying and pasting all the missing parts one by one.

I printed up 50 to sell on nakatomiinc.com. I'll post when they're up and available, if anyone wants one.

And while we're at it, here's a paper prop replica I made of the poster as it appears in the movie. Just print it out at 11 X 17 and you're done!

View attachment 50496

(It's at 240dpi, but the text got skewed and retraced so much after rasterization that there's a bit of stairstepping. If anyone's a vector master and wants to create a non-pixelized vector version of the poster, I'd love to see it!)

nice screened poster. I just watched the movie (DVD) and they have a commentary, will Burton & Rubens and he commented on how they misspelled his name, The 'W" should be lower case..like his bike license plate, BTW anyone know the correct size of the plate on this bike & the diam. of the spinwheel on the front tire?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back