Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Thanks!
I don't sleep on that mattress. That's our 'Guest Room', though in fact there is no room for an actual guest.
Yes, it can be a pain to convince these little digital cameras to focus on what you want.
Great shots so far.
If it's possible, when you return, could you please get some close sharp shots of the tiger head from different angles? That would be awesome.
Does anyone else have a 'wish list' of museum bike detail shots?
I know we need to confirm the rims and chain and Daisy's mysterious Green light button at the end of the harbour - anything else?

Nice pic!

It looks to me like the frame insert is cut out of 1/8" thick tempered Masonite.

Look at the pitting on the frame underneath the red paint (top tube). Looks like it was a rusty one.

Was the pinstriping done with cheapo automotive pinstriping tape? Kind of looks like it.

Also, check out the rivet on the chainguard.
Notable for it being a rivet . . . on the chainguard.

Interesting. Interesting.

Yeah, exactly what i was thinking.. masonite... And yeah, you could tell that these bikes were in rough shape... In some of the screen caps you can see dents and dings in the fenders and in person you can see some spots where they had been rusting... I guess even in 1984 these bikes were close to 40 years old...

These bikes were slapped together... Parts held on with wire and rubberbands, etc... Horrible spray can paint jobs... But on screen they looked decent... And yeah, you are correct... All the pinstriping and swirls on the wheels are vinyl... blah... Still contemplating if im going to replicate all that or go with what they want you to believe it is.

Jaime, that delta light is an Deluxe delta rocket ray, the deluxe has the triangular inset on the top like the movie bikes, the regular rocket rays don't have this, they show up once in a while on ebay. It really hard to find an NOS one, most are beatup.

What would be great is if some one had all the original patterns for the bags and chain guard!!! Then we could just start cranking out some copies on the vacuum form machine.

the siren is non-functional because the top should have a hole for air to go into make the noises and it would need a chain to pull it to the wheel.

As far as the sirens- there are two styles but it doesn't matter unless your making it work..
the belt(goes around siren) bracket is custom but the small hinge is not, also the bracket to the truss rod yet to be found. I thought it was a Schwinn generator bracket but that is too small in scale.
It seem that on the Hollywood bike, those trim pieces meet in the center and on the BMoA bike there is a gap, does it look that way to you guys? maybe it's just the lighting.

Last edited:
Yeah, i think the majestic siren is a casting... Thats the reason the bracket accross the middle is different... It must be a piece of steel rectangular stock rolled as a sturdy support and so it could be welded... Its cool to see that both types of delta lights were used... I havent been able to find a deluxe so i will use the standard until i fine one...

Jaime, I'm talking about the chrome strips, in the BMoA shot you posted they seem to be floating on either side of the board, I didn't see how this is setup on the hollywood bike, because you can easily step them in the center so that both sides of the strips meet up and fill the void left.

Yeah, they are the same way on both bikes...

file0007copy.jpg

Nice pic!

It looks to me like the frame insert is cut out of 1/8" thick tempered Masonite.

Look at the pitting on the frame underneath the red paint (top tube). Looks like it was a rusty one.

Was the pinstriping done with cheapo automotive pinstriping tape? Kind of looks like it.

Also, check out the rivet on the chainguard.
Notable for it being a rivet . . . on the chainguard.

Interesting. Interesting.

it seem more like 1/4" material, maybe 3/16", I think everyone else agrees it's a bit thicker than 1/8" that would be too flimsy too.
The pinstriping is tape, looks like it cut into tapered shapes in some area to look like original schwinn striping.

Most chainguards have those brackets riveted in but the head/smooth area is usually on top.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back