Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Thanks for the pics, the red tube that goes to nowhere!

Yeah, no kidding... Actually i was looking at all the wires today and they all are pulled out from where they are supposed to go... Im sure all the cables go into that space between the tank halves... I think the museum people just didnt know what to do with them so they tried to make some sense of them.

The middle button switch/light on tank should be this......:unsure

5416204138_0614c48f27.jpg

Just add a washer under it...

Still really confused about this... Where did you see this button on the tank? Ive looked through all my screen grabs from the film and never saw it.

Easy... take it down a notch... Just posed a question...

Im still not seeing that green light... I see a big yellow arrow pointing to a metal button with a washer under it...

toggle2.jpg

toggle1.jpg

170,%20172.jpg

Mellow...

It's just a bike.

It's not a good sign when your 14th post to a new forum is you screaming at someone. People are here to ask questions. Get used to it.

Here's a screengrab to add to the discussion...

attachment.php

Still kinda blurry. :/

Nick

Last edited:
I can totally see that being a light housing.

I'd love to see some sharper pics. I'm sure that's where the confusion comes from.

Nothing beats an in person viewing!

Also is that wood behind that peeled off section?

5413823467_dc73dc04a1_b.jpg

Nick

Yeah, its like 3/4 inch plywood that supports the side bags and top container. Then the fiberglass is attached to the wood with screws...

I actually just went and saw the bike again yesterday. Had to get a few additional pictures before starting my sidebags.. Ill post some new pics when i get a chance... Also, talked to one of the curators of the museum... She said Paul Ruebens donated the bike, so its now their property and on permanent display... She added a pretty cool story about him riding the bike around the floor after they brought it upstairs just as a last goodbye... Kinda cool.

Yeah, great pics!
Here's a tip for the next person who ends up at the museum:
The best approach I've found in museums is to use the glass case itself as a tripod. Press the lens against the glass, cup your hands around the camera to kill the glare, hold it steady against the case and take long exposures.

I've resculpted an extra tiger head that Jack sent me.
The results are pretty good, I think.
I tried to match the screen head, but it's hard to sculpt that sloppy and get the shape right!

View attachment 44571

View attachment 44572

View attachment 44573

View attachment 44574

View attachment 44577

View attachment 44578

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back