Oz The Great and Powerful (Post-release)

Flying monkeys. Why did it have to be flying monkeys? No sleep for me tonight. Those things really left a lasting impression on me as a child.

im actually underwhelmed by that.

it was great for about 30 seconds, i lived how they played with the letterbox, and the black and white, and everything until he came to oz, even the first few moments in oz

Also, the visuals look great, but thats it.

And as soon as it said: from the director of the spiderman triology (i know that its from raimi, still, theres no point in pointing it out like that, it has nothing to do with anything spiderman, or is even remotely close to it, in any way.) it took a huge drop.
same goes for : and the producer of alice in wonderland. Thats so horribly meaningless and doesnt even give any information. Its just pointless. the main thing a producer does is put money in the project, they shouldnt really be in a trailer at all.

Also, Rachel Weisz looks terrible for the second i saw her in the trailer.
over all, i was exited for it, and now im meh.

im actually underwhelmed by that.

it was great for about 30 seconds, i lived how they played with the letterbox, and the black and white, and everything until he came to oz, even the first few moments in oz

Also, the visuals look great, but thats it.

And as soon as it said: from the director of the spiderman triology (i know that its from raimi, still, theres no point in pointing it out like that, it has nothing to do with anything spiderman, or is even remotely close to it, in any way.) it took a huge drop.
same goes for : and the producer of alice in wonderland. Thats so horribly meaningless and doesnt even give any information. Its just pointless. the main thing a producer does is put money in the project, they shouldnt really be in a trailer at all.

Also, Rachel Weisz looks terrible for the second i saw her in the trailer.
over all, i was exited for it, and now im meh.

Sounds like you like the movie, but not who made it. Maybe go see it and close your eyes during the credits! Lol

no i have no problem with raimi (alltho he did **** up spiderman), i mean he did the evil dead stuff, and also has a hand for picking good movies as a producer etc.

it just doesnt add anything to the trailer to put that in there, but it rather takes away from it.
and i really dont see how a producer has a right to be in a trailer.
overall, the first part of the trailer was good, the second was sub par, for what i expected.

no i have no problem with raimi (alltho he did **** up spiderman), i mean he did the evil dead stuff, and also has a hand for picking good movies as a producer etc.

it just doesnt add anything to the trailer to put that in there, but it rather takes away from it.
overall, the first part of the trailer was good, the second was sub par, for what i expected.

In Sam's defense, putting Venom in Spidey 3 was rammed down his throat by the studio. To me, the Venom parts of that movie were the weakest parts of the whole thing and it was the studio demanding that he pander to the fans. If he'd gotten his way, it would've been Sandman alone.

However, that said, I think this one looks surprisingly good. I don't particularly care for Franco, but it looks like he might actually act in this movie. When he puts in the effort to do so (like in Rise of the Planet of the Apes), he can be good, so I'm optimistic. I love how lush and ultra-saturated they made Oz look. Although I'm with iycis and Peter Parker in the desire for a good movie adaptation of Wicked, I think this might be fun.

Agreed 100%. It takes away from the actual movie just so some guy can cater to his ego by having his name printed all big for about 1.43 secs.

"Look honey, my name is about to....and you missed it".

I'm fairly certain that the studio people put the blurbs about 'From the blah blah that brought you so-and-so.' It's pretty typical for a teaster trailer like this to have those types of blurbs nowadays - besides, there's probably not a whole lot to show us of Oz now as it doesn't come out until March.

Raimi's Spidey flicks weren't bad and for the most part that Alice in Wonderland movie was pretty watchable (yeah, a little too many Burton-isms... even for a Burton film). You can't ignore that those movies made tons of money and filled theater seats - so you can't blame them for promoting that.

The movie doesnt look too bad from what i've seen in trailers. Sam Raimi was good back in the day..but so was Tim Burton. Now these days they are pumping out crap among more crap. I can blame most of their issues on the big movie companies tho. So let hope he goes old school on this one.

Who ever said Rachel Weisz didnt look good is crazy. That girl is beyond beautiful inside and out. She has always reminded me of a classic hollywood scarlett. Has class and Beauty with a very sharp mind.

The rest of the cast isnt bad either. You know Bruce campbell is gonna be funny one way or another. Do they allow Boom Sticks in OZ? He'll be shooting flying Monkies like its duck hunt. Shop smart..shop S-Mart!

Those plants kinda ruined it for me, up untill that I thought it looked nice.

Then that CG green arm came in and I flipped the table.

will pass on this now.

New Trailer!

Ugh... It's one thing to remake the Wizard of Oz. That's ok. When you change the story about the Wizard himself, that's unfortunate, but I can see it work somewhat.

BUT

When you remake the story to be about how everything is dependent on him to the point where every single female character (even the powerful ones) are practically begging him to solve their problems, it's not a stretch to speculate that someone said "We don't want a female hero". It's especially sad when a great majority of the original Oz stories all featured leading female characters outside of Dorothy.

And don't tell me this acts as a prequel. This looks and feels like same freaking story.

New Trailer!

Ugh... It's one thing to remake the Wizard of Oz. That's ok. When you change the story about the Wizard himself, that's unfortunate, but I can see it work somewhat.

BUT

When you remake the story to be about how everything is dependent on him to the point where every single female character (even the powerful ones) are practically begging him to solve their problems, it's not a stretch to speculate that someone said "We don't want a female hero". It's especially sad when a great majority of the original Oz stories all featured leading female characters outside of Dorothy.

And don't tell me this acts as a prequel. This looks and feels like same freaking story.
Remake? Did you even watch the trailer?

That's kinda like saying each Star Trek movie was a remake. You know, beacue they're in space and there are aliens. :rolleyes

Just watched the trailer and................. I'll pass.

To me, it LOOKS LIKE Burton made this too. (I know he didn't but still).

All the weird images and locations. I was waitng for Johny Depp to come
flailing out in some gay looking costume with horrible make up. :facepalm

Thanks, but NO thanks. :thumbsdown

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back