Our book-safe & tin from "The Shawshank Redemption"...

I have (2) accurate tins if anyone is looking for one still.

lharles, would you be interested in a trade? I'm looking for someone to transform my screen accurate bible into a safe. Let me know :)

-Ss

Just managed to get the Holy Bible and a compass, thanks to the member xsaenz :p

DSC_0411.jpg

I will try to transform the bible into a prop too ^^

Concerning the compass, I am not sure about the brand, I have made a few screen shot and lightened the pics, but it seems that the brand is KJH or KJM?

What do you guys think?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Re: Our book-safe & tin from "The Shawshank Redemption"...

I have (2) accurate tins if anyone is looking for one still.

lharles, would you be interested in a trade? I'm looking for someone to transform my screen accurate bible into a safe. Let me know :)

-Ss

Well, I'd certainly consider converting your bible. :) I'd hate to have ya' disappointed in my work though. I know I kept my template that I made for my conversion(s), but I'd have to find it...

Honestly, I'd do it for free. I'd leave the inscription in the front to you though, probably. I'm reasonably satisfied with the solution I came up with, (I printed out the inscription, used a sharp object to 'trace' the lettering through the printed sheet onto the page, went over the indentation with a pencil very, VERY lightly a couple times, & then went over that with a pen), but I'm not sure it would be satisfactory to everyone. :)

Shoot me a pm & we'll see what we can figure out. ...& sorry for the delay on responding. I missed your post to the thread somehow.

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Concerning the compass, I am not sure about the brand, I have made a few screen shot and lightened the pics, but it seems that the brand is KJH or KJM?

What do you guys think?

Almost looks like 'KFR' to me. Perhaps 'KFH' or 'KFA'. Tough one. :)

@lharles I was wondering, how much pages did you have to dig for the hammer? I know it starts page 71, but any chance on telling me the last page? XD I'm having some trouble t find it xD Thanks!

I don't have the info handy right this second, but I'll be able to get you the info tomorrow... :)

Thanks! That's great! I have been flicking page after page but I couldn't find it xD I might be blind or something, there are just so many of them haha

Got it! Ho boy that is a lot of pages xD! How did you proceed for cutting the hammer onto the pages if you don't mind me asking? ^^ Did you draw the hammer and then used a blade?

Thanks again!

Got it! Ho boy that is a lot of pages xD! How did you proceed for cutting the hammer onto the pages if you don't mind me asking? ^^ Did you draw the hammer and then used a blade?

Thanks again!

I'll quote myself, from a message I sent to another RPF member recently... :)
{I know some of it will be obvious to some folks, but it was easier than typing the whole thing over again. :D}

I'll sorta' outline my process for the bible, as I didn't take a ton of pictures since really it was just a matter of cutting pages, over and over and over. :D

I {...} created a template. I printed the image of the page that the cuts start on & stuck that to the front of some styrene, drew the shape that needed to be cut{, matching the shape by going letter to letter from screenshots/auction images/etc}, cut that out, & used that on the initial page{, as my cutting template}. After I did the first page, I proceeded to carefully/gently cut the next 20-50 pages, (I didn't count, but I did quite a few).

Some things to note - from my perspective - that were really important. 1: Use a VERY sharp utility/X-acto knife. 2: Go VERY, VERY slowly on the beginning & end pages that you're doing the cutting on. Those are the visible pages, obviously. After that, you have some leeway with the accuracy of the cuts a bit. 3: Change the blade whenever cutting becomes difficult, especially at the beginning & the end, {...}.

Anyway, after I got through those first bunch of pages, I got a heavy duty razor knife & cut through 50-75 pages at a pop. Eventually, I even stopped using the template & just used the edges of the opening I'd already cut. Again, if it starts being difficult, change the blade. :)

It actually took a LOT less time than I anticipated, once I got past the first bunch of pages & up until the last pages, (I did place another piece of styrene at the 'end' page for the hole so as not to cut past where I wanted to finish. Also, to keep the hole from creeping side to side, I braced the spine of the bible against some surface whenever I was cutting so that I stayed as close to a 90 degree angle in relation to the back cover.

When I finished the cutting, I mixed up some school glue with water, (probably 3 to 1, glue to water), & brushed that on the interior of the hole, holding back the two or three pages at both the front & back of the hole. I left the styrene in place at the back of the hole for any dripping/drainage, just in case.

{...}

Hope that helps!

Also, did anybody ever made the Daily Bugle? (anybody ever realized this is a fictional newspaper used in Marvel? XD)

8fxiU.jpg

UPDATED

Just realized Kurtyboy attempted on this :x

Yeah, well there were a few things I wanted to have anyway, the bible was just one of them, any thought on the hammer outline? XD I know it could have been done better, but that was hard xD I should have white glued the whole pack before to start, but yeah, realized that half way through xD

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back