Our book-safe & tin from "The Shawshank Redemption"...

lharles

Sr Member
So, I just finished the second one of the book-safes that I've made. The first one was actually made from a personalized red-letter edition, (I replaced the title page with a copy of the one from the accurate one that I edited/fussed with in GIMP for quite a while...on scale, proper paper size match, paper color, etc.), which - after removing the original owners name on the front & the red letter edition specific gold lettering on the spine - I didn't fully think I could restore...so I wound up using the original, accurate, 1944 Nat'l Bible Press one I have. Anyway...

{I still need help with an effective way to transfer the inscription, if anyone has any thoughts - http://www.therpf.com/f9/help-w-dup...breaking-bad-shawshank-redemption-etc-193393/ - thanks...}

attachment.php

...& I also made use o' the correct tin for a replica of the stuff Red finds in the Buxton field, (made the envelopes & prop money myself, letter was from the paper props forum). :)

attachment.php

Thanks for looking! :D

Attachments

• Bibl123.jpg
    Bibl123.jpg
    385 KB · Views: 2,842
  • IMAG1467-1.jpg
    IMAG1467-1.jpg
    624 KB · Views: 286
  • IMAG1469-2.jpg
    IMAG1469-2.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 2,830
I don't recall Red pulling out blueprints to R2-D2, X-Wings and TIE Fighters in the film. J/k.

Great replicas all around in here. :D

I don't recall Red pulling out blueprints to R2-D2, X-Wings and TIE Fighters in the film. J/k.

Great replicas all around in here. :D

Touche'. No blueprints in the tin. You are correct! :cool

I seem to have embedded a whole gaggle of blueprints when I poured the resin for that table top. It really throws off the bland painted wood look I was going for. ;) :D

(I've actually got Firefly blueprints, Spidey's web-shooters, TOS Enterprise blueprints, etc. embedded all around that table...it turned out pretty well considering I was terrified that I was going to kill myself using resin -- & it turned out to not be THAT big of a deal. It's not really a prop so I've never posted pics of it. Maybe I should... {shrug})

Thanks for the kind words! :)

Great set of props, Very Nice. i love that movie, would love to put a set like that together but wouldnt no were to start, and i live in the Uk so its harder to get hold of the right thing you need here........ thanx for showing :thumbsup

Great set of props, Very Nice. i love that movie, would love to put a set like that together but wouldnt no were to start, and i live in the Uk so its harder to get hold of the right thing you need here........ thanx for showing :thumbsup

Just find someone selling the whole set ;)
Hint hint :lol
PM for link to my junkyard thread

Great Looking set! Tho I am not sure that is the exact version of the Tin...

The Tin used in the Movie is a Bensons Candy Tin with the Queen Mary on it but in all my Searching I have found 3 similar versions of it in that shape.

Yours has 2 visible smoke stacks and the ship is going to the Right, where the one in the Movie is going to the Left and has 3 visible smoke stacks, it also has a red band around the lid where yours seems to be white and blue/black.

I have also seen another version which is closer to the movie one except it has a couple small ships in the fore ground and white tag that says Queen Mary is off set to the Left instead of being centered like the one in the movie.

Screen Cap From Movie
shawshanktin.jpg

Another Almost Version
tin2.JPG

Great Looking set! Tho I am not sure that is the exact version of the Tin...

The Tin used in the Movie is a Bensons Candy Tin with the Queen Mary on it but in all my Searching I have found 3 similar versions of it in that shape.

Yours has 2 visible smoke stacks and the ship is going to the Right, where the one in the Movie is going to the Left and has 3 visible smoke stacks, it also has a red band around the lid where yours seems to be white and blue/black.

I have also seen another version which is closer to the movie one except it has a couple small ships in the fore ground and white tag that says Queen Mary is off set to the Left instead of being centered like the one in the movie.

Screen Cap From Movie
View attachment 303487

Another Almost Version
View attachment 303493

the same tin in the movie is this one (See link) http://www.therpf.com/f13/shawshank-redemption-bensons-tin-210045/
hope this helps......

Yup that's the one...I've been keeping an eye out for one for a while but haven't had any luck finding that exact one,
I have one that is almost perfect it matches everything except the lid isn't hinged it comes off completely, the Print on it and shape and everything else is the same

hove you got a pic of your tin? im after the Bible next..... has anyone done some prop money for in-side the tin???
RPF movie freak is selling the right tin if you want one, its part of a set (i dont think he will split) heres the link have a look.....
http://www.therpf.com/f13/selling-c...-frog-mystic-rocketeer-indy-idol-more-202024/
hope this helps :thumbsup

hove you got a pic of your tin? im after the Bible next..... has anyone done some prop money for in-side the tin???
RPF movie freak is selling the right tin if you want one, its part of a set (i dont think he will split) heres the link have a look.....
http://www.therpf.com/f13/selling-c...-frog-mystic-rocketeer-indy-idol-more-202024/
hope this helps :thumbsup

Here is A pic of my tin (sorry the quality is pretty bad) I got it and another similar one with the SS United States on it for $15 on ebay.
tin.jpg

I saw that listing for the Tin Plus other stuff I was thinking of pulling the Trigger on it but I already have a set of KurtBoys papers.

As for the money, I too have been looking for Prop Money for the envelope, so far I have only found this site that has a stack of 1980s $50s
https://propmoviemoney.com/product/series-1980s-50-full-print-prop-money-stack-copy/

Here is A pic of my tin (sorry the quality is pretty bad) I got it and another similar one with the SS United States on it for $15 on ebay.
View attachment 306862

I saw that listing for the Tin Plus other stuff I was thinking of pulling the Trigger on it but I already have a set of KurtBoys papers.

As for the money, I too have been looking for Prop Money for the envelope, so far I have only found this site that has a stack of 1980s $50s
https://propmoviemoney.com/product/series-1980s-50-full-print-prop-money-stack-copy/

Your tin is very close and a good price you paid for it......:thumbsup thanx for the link.....(But i live in the uk) may-be if we ask in the paper props some-one might do\have as set of the money or point us in the right place to buy a set (fan made) :D

There is a hinged version for sale by... I think sskunky (sp?) in the junkyard rifght now. Not quite as cheap as $10, but still a good buy.

...I have to admit I'm a little embarrassed that I wound up with what I thought was an accurate tin & now have to search for an accurate one. At some point in my search I got it in my head that the one I wound up with was the correct one. OBVIOUSLY, that wasn't right. :D I'll have to keep an eye out for a $10 bargain like "EmmaInCandyland" found. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back