optimus prime, 6'8 replica

hi guys
well im back, not to rest on my laurels,ive started work on primes blaster as promised, the first this i did was to look for some sort of doner gun that i could use, after weeks of scanning the net,i stumbled upon a supersoaker, that was pretty close( i was made up) then i set about building the back of primes gun, this was made from wood and has plenty of angles etc, plus i needed to allow the indents for the vent, once happy with shape,sanded, filled and sprayed in primer, then i ripped up a space blaster i also bought, this has a blaster sounjd effect and flashes when shot too, anyway enough of the chit chat, heres the latest pics guys,
all the very best
colin

And the master continues his work:lol Love this thread, and am so happy for the update:):thumbsup

As always MooCriket thanks mate for the support, its nice to be back on the boards, i took a couple of months break,while i built the abc warrior hands for someone in florida, but its nices to be working on prime again, as he's a labour of love, just waiting for a few bits to come through the post so i can carry on,thanks for the kind words mate.

that is so awesome congrats bro that is a beautiful piece

cheers punhulk, he's a labour of love,just wanted to build the ultimate homage to the autobot leader.

Very very cool! I'm a massive Transformer fan (still collecting them and the comics).

cheers cobalt crimson, hope your inspired to take your plans further,

Really awesome work...

thanks Jackpot76, once gun is finished i will tackle the energon axe, as ive started getting parts for that

I cannot believe it. That is simply the best thing I have ever seen on these forums. Forget Star Trek, Avatar or Star Wars stuff (My usual interests), this is simply the best and greatest, and deserves all the kudos in the forum. This is simply an amazing piece of fabricating mastery and wonder.

I love the detail and EVERYTHING works! I love it! You are an amazing master of Metal Works and Craft. I simply cannot sa enough about this piece. Thanks you. For bringing this to the forums for all to see.

I hope you are proud of you're work, because it really is something to be proud of.

Now. *Sly smile* Does it transform?. (Kidding of course)

I cannot believe it. That is simply the best thing I have ever seen on these forums. Forget Star Trek, Avatar or Star Wars stuff (My usual interests), this is simply the best and greatest, and deserves all the kudos in the forum. This is simply an amazing piece of fabricating mastery and wonder.

I love the detail and EVERYTHING works! I love it! You are an amazing master of Metal Works and Craft. I simply cannot sa enough about this piece. Thanks you. For bringing this to the forums for all to see.

I hope you are proud of you're work, because it really is something to be proud of.

Now. *Sly smile* Does it transform?. (Kidding of course)

if someone could make some fairy dust on these boards then please please could i have some, i would love for my prime to transform, but even my skills are nowhere near that good, i am thinking further ahead to my next project though, and considering how to transform him,so you never know!!
on a serious note though,thanks for the kind words, its really just having the patience, 2 going on 3 years now! what with the gun,energon axe and a base i want to make for him too, as i was saying to a previous member, tackle one part at a time, and concetrate on that part before moving on, when doing legs and arms, try to do 2, then you know you wont go wrong with sizes etc, heres a ink to another site were my build progress pics are bigger,

c3pobuilders :: Astromechs and Other Robots :: pics of my other (lol) project Optimus Prime ~ Runboard

again thank you for the very kind words
all the best
colin:thumbsup

Wow. This is a dream item for any Transformer fan. Amazing work on this.

thanks for support and kind words, heres the latest pics of primes gun, first i changd the colour of the leds to orange,then i set about getting everything into the gun gun,the speaker was siliconed inside on the top,i drilled some small holes for the sound to come through, then i wanted to make a small plate that can be taken of etc, for changing batteries, i added detail to the plate, also added the extra handle on primes gun, filled and sanded and primed ready for top coat, im pleased with how it turned out,
all the best
colin

thanks lunar lord for you support.

heres the latest guys, now i really researched this as i wanted to get this part right, so after a bit of research, i found some live glow perspex, it glows in daylight, using the compound its made from, so i cut my basic axe shape,bigger one side, this had to be made from 2 pieces, then glued together, then i wanted to give this axe some energon pulsing through this,so i used my pyography tool(woodburning) and using heat i engraved some lightning through the middle and edges, i then flatted the perspex with some 400 grit sand paper to bring the efect out and to give the axe another shade, I then used a orange tint tube,which come from some blowing bubbles, i cut a slit into this,and epoxyed the axe in place, now ive got to build the ball part of the axe, heres the latest pics
all the best
colin

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back