Officially Licensed: Captain America: TFA - Movie Replica. Now Completely SOLD OUT!

Re: Officially Licensed: Captain America: TFA - Movie Replica Suit Pics added 7/27

That certainly looks official......:thumbsup

When does the wait list start for that Mr Pea?...

Re: Officially Licensed: Captain America: TFA - Movie Replica Suit Pics added 7/27

Nice work, David - and the improvements that are coming sound great. Are you going to add depth to the shoulder and abdominal details as well?

can you post pics of the jacket with out the blue top on it?

Wow thats almost enough for me to want to start building my costume

I thought the webbing was more of an OD green? Is it officially gray or olive drab?
CapainAmerica-1.jpg

I thought the webbing was more of an OD green? Is it officially gray or olive drab?
CapainAmerica-1.jpg

From my post above:
The suit shown at SDCC is our prototype...but I'd say it's 90% ready to go.
-The Blues needs to be a shade lighter...and not shiny.
-The shoulders are missing about 1.5 inches at the tips, needed to create the squared off look seen on screen.
-The entire jacket shown here was taken apart on the Monday before the convention and reassembled, so some of the previous stitch lines are still visible. Obviously the clean and properly assembled version is what's to come. We completely redid the gray harness area, but do bear in mind that the correct texture and color of the gray webbing is seen in the elastic straps connected to the shoulders and the full bottom edge of the blue top torso area. Those are the correct color and texture...and we're working on this right now.

Megatron,
The blue top part is not removable...the center flap folds over allowing the main zipper to function, that's it. It's all one garment.

David

this looks legit. i want one

I think you done fantastic work on these. If you are doing the improvements now and going for full blown replica. My constructive critic is that i belive the chest of front (Blue) Should go a bit longer down on the front chest. If you take point of the star and meassure up and down compared to photo. I also advice you make the greay area integrated to the blue and make a lip edge from the abominal section. Like and edge (raise of the chest) I also sugesst the leather straps on the biceps to be slightly wider. And i aslo agree on the blue color, Lighten it and make it satin . Overall GREAT FANTASTIC JOB! Looking forward to se this done.

296935ed.jpg

If you take this photo as ref to what i ref of the chest.
What i ref to is that if i wore this my chest muscles whould partially be bellow the blue region. If you look at the movie design it covers his muscle chest region. as it is now my niples whould hit the edge of the blue. I might be wrong based on how it wears. But from the photos it looks like its to short and whould need aprox 1 1/2 inch - 2 inch more down.

This is officially my next UD suit. David, you're killing me...

This is still the same jacket we brought to SDCC, so it's not the final with all the modifications listed above....but, will make a pretty cool Trade Show display cabinet piece now. :angel

2d3b5f38.jpg

The revised jacket will more than likely be ready by months end. Priority is and still remains on our Batman Begins production but that's pretty much ready now so we'll be back on track with new goods in no time.

In the meantime, is this a cool way to display the suit? Pants will be hung up there as well...somewhere...:cool

David

David i am sold. I need to get hold of this suit... My mind is set :D

Also i LOOOOOVE Your Stormtrooper Jackets! I going to get my one of those as well.

May i also suggest for you to make the BIKERSCOUT Suit in motorcycle suit. It would be amazing to see Bikers on their bike with an Imperial Bikerscout suit :D

May i also suggest for you to make the BIKERSCOUT Suit in motorcycle suit. It would be amazing to see Bikers on their bike with an Imperial Bikerscout suit
hell yea, I love your suits David, they are amazing, but I don't see myself saving up for any of them in the near future (The suits aren't costumes I wanted to do, etc), but a Bikerscout suit, you better believe.

Last edited:

Awesome! Thanks for the kind words guys.
Regarding the next wave of Star Wars goods, yes...I'd say that a biker scout is a given considering that these are in fact Motorcycle goods. However I wanted to work on the most complex Star Wars charter first...and the Stormtroopers are pretty complex when you consider that in reality they're vac formed armor parts, and we've gone forward using form molded leather instead. :wacko
The Biker Scout has less 'armor' but all sorts of other complexities to hammer out....however, he's definitely on our to do list. :thumbsup

Keep an eye on the STAR WARS thread I have going here for those updates.
As always, more to come!

David

David, when do you expect to start pre-sales on the Captain America suit? I'm getting anxious.

Reel

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back