OdiWan72´s prop family

Re: My evergrowing blaster family...Update 08/12/2014!!!

Nice! I did mine as a regular ESB version years ago. I wish I'd done ANH, but I didn't want to spend any more. :lol I still need proper t-track on mine though.

I've had an MR set aside for years to do this to. Have most of the parts, just need to do it! What is the long part on the right side?

The green part is from a Phantom F4E model kit - parts of this can be found all over ESB props

Nice! I did mine as a regular ESB version years ago. I wish I'd done ANH, but I didn't want to spend any more. :lol I still need proper t-track on mine though.

Want to buy my -resin- ESB stunt? I think I don´t need this anymore ;)

...wait did I just said that I WOULDN`T NEED A BLASTER ANYMORE ??? :lol

- - - Updated - - -

That's why I'm looking forward to when you finish your Weird Han ROTJ bunker blaster

because I know you'll treat it with the same level of attention to detail as all your other builds even though it's so strange & has no screen time :lol

It´s done except of the muzzle...still have to make a blueprint based on the blurry screenshots.
Might redo the barrel extension as well, already did one in 22mm alu tubing and it came out o.k., even if a tad too short IMHO

Markus

This looks really nice. :thumbsup The ESB greeblies add up to it. How are the Saberfreak t-tracks?

if you decide to sell it, I'm sure there will be plenty buyers. Even i might think of it, but as we discussed by PM a converted MGC is first on my list. :)

Want to buy my -resin- ESB stunt? I think I don´t need this anymore ;)

...wait did I just said that I WOULDN`T NEED A BLASTER ANYMORE ??? :lol

- - - Updated - - -

I think the lack of sleep due to the baby is clouding your mind! :lol ;)

I try to steer clear of resin guns. I had a resin ROTJ Leia and ANH Leia before you sold me the Margolin and they got bounced off the wall by people working (hammering on the wall) on my apt. and shattered... Even for some stunt guns I would try to recreate it with the real gun, even though it's not technically "accurate".

Re: My growing blaster family...Update 08/12/2014!!!

Hey :)

Not much to show reg. progress of my WIP´s...all of them are waiting for parts before I can proceed :(
Anyway, it´s time for some MGC sterling galore baby :coool

Thanks to Jay (Luke Moonwalker) I am the proud owner of a near MINT MGC sterling with mag :D
The second one is a refurbished one I did a few years ago, plus the two converted MGC´s

Still trying to decide wheter I should keep the restored one or not!?
Thanks for looking!

Markus

Re: My growing blaster family...Update 09/24/2014!!!

FINALLY some progress to show :)

Did some preliminary assembly of the Greedo blaster, based on the current information.
As you can see, there are still some "WIP-areas":
- Stylus rods > Since I didn´t have the greebles for the rods rear end as of yet, I simply left these off for now.
- barrel > Again, I didn´t have the accurate greeble as of yet. So I simply left the barrel longer (can cut it down even further later on)

The Jawa blaster is even more of a WIP...any idea what to use as the front end of the MG81 flashhider lookalike???

Interesting discovery:
Not only are my two Rugers slightly different reg. finish/ engravings etc., the placement of the screw-holes in the grips vary as well. Since I can´t make out the correct model/ in the blurry reference pics, I simply used the Rugers to my personal preferences. Would not be a problem to transplant the conversion parts later on, when better ref pics surface :cool

Thanks for looking!

Markus

Last edited:

Those Greedo & Jawa Blasters are looking really good :)

I see you've got the Tomtit (catamaran) part on both sides of the Greedo Blaster, guess I need to add another one to mine then :lol

love your updates Markus ;)

Those Greedo & Jawa Blasters are looking really good :)
I see you've got the Tomtit (catamaran) part on both sides of the Greedo Blaster, guess I need to add another one to mine then :lol
love your updates Markus ;)

Thx Paul :)

And yes, catamaran greebles on both sides, based on this picture:

greedo-blaster-discussion-image-jpg-365580d1408575040

Markus

Awesome! I really like the Greedo blaster. It's like the little .38 snubby of the SW universe :lol

Awesome! I really like the Greedo blaster. It's like the little .38 snubby of the SW universe :lol

"sweet", isn´t it !?
The profile shots with my giant hands make it look even smaller :lol

Markus

You should display.all those blasters with corresponding replicacharacter hands ...

Will YOU assist in building display cabinets, sculpting the hands/ painting etc. ;) ???

I don´t even have any display space left for these two as of yet...have to make new acrylic stands and rearrange my cabinets to fit these in.
BUT my next focus is JediCon :cool

Markus

Could you tell me; what is the diameter of the inner barrel?

Did you base that off the real turntable part or is that your best estimate?

Could you tell me; what is the diameter of the inner barrel?

Did you base that off the real turntable part or is that your best estimate?

What "inner barrel" Frank?
The part you see sticking out of the tomtit engine grill is the actual barrel, cut down so it is flush with the grills front end.
Will cut it shorter when I found the sweeparm and/or have better references about the correct length.

Markus

Last edited:

Nice Man!

Ok... I am about to post some blaster reference finds in other threads too... and here's the first... maybe it'll help, but it's all I can find on Greedo:

OPEN IN NEW TAB/WINDOW for HUGE size

greedo1.jpg

greedo2.jpg

and for fun... what greedo's blaster got him
greedoDED.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back