OdiWan72´s prop family

Re: My evergrowing blaster family...Update 08/02/2014!!!

Nice!!!! Those evolution props flash hiders?

ill be possibly tinkering with my esb and real trigger this week while doing blaster stuff. I'll let you know wha I come up with.

Thanks Vanitas, thanks Scott :)

No, these are no evolution props, but old BD flashhiders IIRC...more accurate ;)
No I have to wait for new mounts AND an accurate disc for my Han Hoth blaster, on which I tried a different approach of doing the weird "knurling" of the flashhider...like it so far :cool

Markus

BTW, any advice on where to pick up one or two real Mauser triggers? I've looked everywhere, and a while back I bought a trigger that LOOKED and was described as a C96 trigger, but it wouldn't quite fit in either of my MGCs, even after I tried to mod it. Thoughts/opinions?

Gunshows, online stores, gunsmiths...just keep your eyes open ;)

Markus

BTW, any advice on where to pick up one or two real Mauser triggers? I've looked everywhere, and a while back I bought a trigger that LOOKED and was described as a C96 trigger, but it wouldn't quite fit in either of my MGCs, even after I tried to mod it. Thoughts/opinions?

Have you thought about getting them professionally blued?

Oh... I see the differences in the FH now... where to get one!?

I am looking at doing an ESB live fire now... my MGC just isn't accurate enough. ^_^

YOU Scott should be able to machine these yourself...easy peasy for you ;)
These came from a run by BobaDept about eight years ago IIRC

Have fun doing the live firing ESB DL44, I will make sure to watch your progress ;)

Markus

Oh... I see the differences in the FH now... where to get one!?

I am looking at doing an ESB live fire now... my MGC just isn't accurate enough. ^_^

Just the radius is something I can't do without getting a radius cutter... I need that tool, but don't have one yet.

Yeah... I've been looking for guns, but nothing comes up yet that I like. I was thinking 9mm for easy ammo acquisition, but 7.63 makes big ol' flames. Plus the Red 9 people would hunt me down for modifying a red 9. ^_^

On another note... I am trying the real trigger mod right now... and brightening my bolt (milling all the cast lines off the top, etc.)

cool...like I said, keep me in mind if your extension works ;)

Markus

Don't get too excited, it's ghetto fabulous and involves JB weld... hahaha. I thought about silver soldering an extension, but really didn't like doing that last time... so JB it is.

Just a teaser for you guys...

While cleaning up my workshop last night, I decided that I don´t have enough projects running parallely so I put another "iron into the fire" ;)
It´s not related to any DL44 build, instead I am using one of my 5 Sterlings :cool

Still sourcing parts, will try to post pics asap!

Markus

Just a teaser for you guys...
While cleaning up my workshop last night, I decided that I don´t have enough projects running parallely so I put another "iron into the fire" ;)
It´s not related to any DL44 build, instead I am using one of my 5 Sterlings :cool
Still sourcing parts, will try to post pics asap!

Markus

Decided to give it a GO today :)
Here´s the progress so far, please welcome my "hero stunt" ESB E-11 ;)

The firing sterlings in ESB didn´t have the addtl. detailing, just the M19/32 scope and the wider scope rail afaik.

On the other other hand, the resin "stunt" ESB E-11´s have quite a few greeblies added to them. Since there HAD TO BE a "master" the prop dept took the molds for the stunt blasters from, I decided to build a fully dressed ESB "hero/ stunt" stormtrooper-blaster :cool

Attached you´ll find a few pics of the sterling in its current condition.
As you can see I have still to add the two greeblies on the scope-rail, the "nail-like" doodad on the rear sights right side and T-Track (saberfreak).
Also shown is a comparsion to my old resin stunt E-11, which I built many years ago.

Still have to decide if I´ll sell it or put it on my ESB TK-display...thoughts?

Without further ado, here are the pics :)

As always, thanks for looking!

Markus

Re: My evergrowing blaster family...Update 08/12/2014!!!

Here´s the breakdown:

Real deac´d Sterling L2A3
Real M19 scope
"Real" greeblies except of the box-like thingie behing the magwell (resin cast from 3D modelled/ printed/ molded master) and the scope-rail add-ons (tbd)
MR scope rail
Saberfreak T-track

I basically left the sterling in it´s wonderful worn and beaten condition.
Just gave it a slight coat of satin black to blend it all together, then went over it with some steel-wool to re-weather.

Markus :)

Looks fantastic, but I wouldn't expect anything less :lol

I love seeing these variants & lesser seen blasters built

That's why I'm looking forward to when you finish your Weird Han ROTJ bunker blaster

because I know you'll treat it with the same level of attention to detail as all your other builds even though it's so strange & has no screen time :lol

I've had an MR set aside for years to do this to. Have most of the parts, just need to do it! What is the long part on the right side?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back