Oblivion - Jack's pistol

What does that mean?

If you look at the slide, it says "AT5 LOCK" and then a serial number.

Now, on the barrel, it says "LOCK BARREL" with a button behind it, so the "AT5" may have to do with some type of lock or safety on the back of the gun, but since we have seen no other designation, "AT5" seems like a possibility for the model number.

Or maybe I am misunderstanding it and the pistol is a "LOCK" pistol. Hard to say if there was any intent placed on those letters.

THAT IS AWESOME!!! I wonder how many changes were made from that to the production version.

That's pretty much it. There's one "tell" between the real ones and the concept that stands out, but nothing anyone would really pick up on unless you had some time to examine the real props.

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with. :)

That's pretty much it. There's one "tell" between the real ones and the concept that stands out, but nothing anyone would really pick up on unless you had some time to examine the real props.

So do you have the actual prop or pictures for comparison or something?

Thanks, bud! When we are finally able to post up something, perhaps you could give us a thumbs up/ thumbs down or at least a nudge in the right direction?

THAT IS AWESOME!!! I wonder how many changes were made from that to the production version.

EDIT: Actually there's two- and since you can see it in the screen caps I'll give it to you, the silver "pin" or button near the grip is actually a green light.

Glad I could help :)
I will probably end up designing all the graphics for it if that helps. Might as well since im doing it for the rifle.

Sounds good and heck yes you helped. I desperately want this gun, but until now, the photos have been so mediocre, I haven't been very inspired to get started. That photo was the boost I needed!

We just copied the graphics from the concept. The little bits where screen printed waterslide decals.

More often then not graphics on a prop are just flare. I have made countless labels for tech gak that say nothing or have some sort of obscure logo thing.

We just copied the graphics from the concept. The little bits where screen printed waterslide decals.

More often then not graphics on a prop are just flare. I have made countless labels for tech gak that say nothing or have some sort of obscure logo thing.

Haha thats what I figured.
By any chance do you have any images of close ups of the graphics?

Cool ..I was hoping something would come up soon. I was looking almost every day and then gave up...

Ditto. Thanks from me too, Armoredbursh.

Not many. Like many concept images in this movie, the pistol is VERY close.

Yep.

EDIT: Actually there's two- and since you can see it in the screen caps I'll give it to you, the silver "pin" or button near the grip is actually a green light.

Yup, wouldn't have missed that, hehe. Thank you though!

So wait... Who's making one? Art Andrews or Joatrash or both?

And me! Although I have just taken on a great big secret new project, so my version will probably be finished somewhere around the release date of the sequel. :lol

Sounds good and heck yes you helped. I desperately want this gun, but until now, the photos have been so mediocre, I haven't been very inspired to get started. That photo was the boost I needed!

Ditto here! It's been a bit depressing trying to catch details from fuzzy screencaps etc. These images are a giant help. :)

I am SO in. Probably way too soon but any idea on a price?

Will the barrel be aluminum or metal like the "real" one?

Moving parts? Lights/electronics?

My plan is to do a 3d modeled shell in several pieces (color-dependent), have it printed for Morganthirteen to cast, then add the metal barrel afterward, which may or may not be included. Maybe a moving trigger could be done- I will certainly look into it and adding space for leds should not be a problem, though adding them would be up to the individual. Price-wise it should fall into line somewhere around the Lawgiver.

On the subject... I think I'm seeing some differences to the concept sketches already.

Definitely will be looking to you and Patrick to give us a nod of approval on the final designs and, if you can, any info on things we might miss! I know it is a bit of a touchy thing, but hoping you guys can give us a little guidance along the way.

Definitely will be looking to you and Patrick to give us a nod of approval on the final designs and, if you can, any info on things we might miss! I know it is a bit of a touchy thing, but hoping you guys can give us a little guidance along the way.

Yeah, that would be great. I'm sitting here comparing the concept to (very grainy) screencaps and I definitely see some differences and I can't really imagine the specific nature of that one "tell" is if it's a surface detail or the size of something that differs. The since the angle isn't straight in the concept, there is a lot of perspective distortion going on... I have one good but blurry side-shot from the film and a lot of the details are definitely off in size and placement in the render. So, I'm cutting up the render (doing a Frankenstein basically) of all the details and trying to place them correcty...

Things I see so far from my screencap include: the trigger in the render appears to almost touch the trigger guard but has a larger gap in the movie... vent holes are different size... handle is longer and thinner... just off the top of my head.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back