Alien (Kane’s) EVA Pistol Help

Captain Dunsel

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I’m planning on starting an Alien EVA Pistol build in the next few weeks and am looking for the Single Point scope rail mount seen here:

IMG_1870.jpeg

IMG_1995.jpeg

Is this a custom piece or a commercial rail mount available somewhere?

Last edited:
I used a bicycle spoke bent in shape with the join hidden by the centre plate. High tensile and very stiff although maybe slightly thinner. It doesn't move at all however. I found the thickness fit much better in the scope mounts. Thicker wouldn't stay in well at all. But mine is 3d printed. Metal mounts are probably a different story.
Capture.JPG

Hmmmm…looks look a simple steel tube, bent to shape, with a mounting plate in the middle…should be simple enough to replicate (famous last words).

Though, I still suspect that the original is a “found item” of some kind.

I’m wondering if the “plate” is actually the bottom of a shortened clip installed into the base gun with the rail soldered around the outer perimeter of the clip, pinched between the bottom of the gun and the bottom plate of the clip?

IMG_2015.jpeg
IMG_2014.jpeg
IMG_2013.jpeg

My apologies, I have the Oakshore red dot sight, the dingus they attached to the bottom of that prop was actually the
Armson OEG (Occluded Eye Gunsight)
Back in the late 80's and early 90's when I still played paintball, there were a couple of guys on the team that used that Armson OEG (I was never really a fan because you had to keep both eyes open and force your brain to superimpose the image of the red dot over your unobstructed view of your victim...um, opponent. I still have my Oakshore red dot, and after 40 some odd years, it still works and still holds a zero.
Sorry for the confusion.

Attachments

• armson-o-e-g-1-51 (1).jpg
    armson-o-e-g-1-51 (1).jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 16
My apologies, I have the Oakshore red dot sight, the dingus they attached to the bottom of that prop was actually the
Armson OEG (Occluded Eye Gunsight)
Back in the late 80's and early 90's when I still played paintball, there were a couple of guys on the team that used that Armson OEG (I was never really a fan because you had to keep both eyes open and force your brain to superimpose the image of the red dot over your unobstructed view of your victim...um, opponent. I still have my Oakshore red dot, and after 40 some odd years, it still works and still holds a zero.
Sorry for the confusion.

I’m not seeing that particular scope on the screen-used original.

Looks like a Single Point to me (a Roger Christian “go-to”)…

IMG_4027.jpeg
IMG_4026.jpeg

Bear with me, it's been forty years since I talked to most of my paintball teammates, but if I recall, the brand name Single Point was used to sell the OEG sights to the US military and the distribution warehouse was based in the US.
There was enough concern about the optics of a south African company (Armson) selling devices to the US military that they decided to start Single Point in the US, there were approx. 6 different versions of each sight, so you should expect there to be differences in actual appearance.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back