Moonraker Drax Enterprise Laser pistol

Zombie Killer

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've had this timing light for ages so i decided to tackle this guy for a quick weekend ish project.. There many different versions of this thing so i took as much as i could from the hero Hugo Drax prop and added the rear parts that were on one of the other props. The rear redish stickers are a tad small so i either have to make some or find biggers ones in this light red color or i may just leave them. Very happy with how this came out, all the parts are real (not sure if accurate). Im going to make a stand for it with a Drax Enterprise logo on it but havent decided on a design. Thanks to Ed ed-209 for the reference and the pictures he took of the originals.

ref1.png

DSCN8706.JPG
DSCN8707.JPG

DSCN8709.JPG

DSCN8712.JPG

DSCN8667med.jpg

DSCN8668med.jpg

DSCN8669med.jpg

comp1.jpg

comp2.png

DSCN8672med.jpg

DSCN8676med.jpg

DSCN8652med.jpg

DSCN8649med.jpg
DSCN8639med.jpg

Last edited:
Glen, that looks FANTASTIC!!! VERY well done!!!!!! ---Ed

The first one I made, like yourself, used a series of blue LEDs inserted into holes drilled into the rear of each of the Plexiglas tubes. They were wired to the trigger.

I later installed a blue Laser and used a hollow Plexiglas tube for the center so the Laser could shoot through. The photos shown are of it ‘In progress.’
CREW (0).jpg
CREW (1).jpg
CREW (1a).jpg
CREW (2).jpg
CREW (3).jpg
CREW (5).jpg

This is my ‘Drax – Hero version’ seen in the film. Instead of metallic tape, I used thin aluminum strips. The Laser still needs to be installed.
DRAX (1).jpg
DRAX (2).jpg
DRAX (3).jpg

I thought that since a white and black Laser rifle existed, it only made sense that there might be a white version of the Laser pistol that we never saw.
This is my ‘hybrid’ version so I took artistic license and used a green Laser as well as a few other alterations.
White (1).jpg
White (2).jpg
White (3).jpg

Another version I’m working on is the version made to match the yellow/black scheme used for the Drax uniforms. I still need to install the lights, Laser and sound module.
MR_Laser Pistol-Rep (5).jpg

OK, to make yet another version…this time made to match the silver spacesuits of the US Space Marines, I deceided to use a sound module installed directly behind the grooves on the grip. I cut out the top two grooves and put a screen inside so that the sound could come through easier.
SILVER (1).jpg
SILVER (2).jpg
SILVER (3).jpg
SILVER (4).jpg

I thought I was finished with making variations of this but now, thanks to you, I need to make yet another version based on your version!!!
Again, great job!!! --Ed

Wow, I never realized it was a timing light! I've always thought old timing lights looked like laser pistols anyway, what a fun and easy prop to replicate. You've done a great job!

By the way, what are you using for the parts on the sides?

Wow, I never realized it was a timing light! I've always thought old timing lights looked like laser pistols anyway, what a fun and easy prop to replicate. You've done a great job!

By the way, what are you using for the parts on the sides?
Those side parts were "found" repurposed parts - but I do not remember where they originated. I loved this pistol design. The timing light that is the main frame portion of the prop can still be found on ebay in vintage automotive parts. You can pick up one if you are really looking. This is a beautiful display and execution on the one illustrated here.

Those side parts were "found" repurposed parts - but I do not remember where they originated. I loved this pistol design. The timing light that is the main frame portion of the prop can still be found on ebay in vintage automotive parts. You can pick up one if you are really looking. This is a beautiful display and execution on the one illustrated here.

I've already sourced one, thanks!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back