Obi-Wan transistors

Me too, holy hell how did you find old photos like that!

Great find - looks like an older hand done board theyre on too - is this audio equipment?

Another consideration I thought of - if/when we get a different part number of the right ME brand, you may not be able to easily just add a screw to the inside of the transistor like we've done in the past, as we want to match the brand alignment of the photo references we have.

Another consideration I thought of - if/when we get a different part number of the right ME brand, you may not be able to easily just add a screw to the inside of the transistor like we've done in the past, as we want to match the brand alignment of the photo references we have.
If the logo is in the wrong position when you tighten the screw, just unscrew it and rotate the nut to compensate the offset, then tighten the screw again. That's what I did anyway - took me 2-3 adjustments to get them just like I wanted. Of course you can always glue them like on the original and don't bother with screws.

Anyone try hollowing these out yet?

I know the other ones I have that look like they have the same underside was terrible to remove

It’s like porcelain in the center or something.. I destroyed quite a few trying to hollow them out

I think for the price of these new ones, e6000 will be the route I go

Apologies if this has already been said, but I can tell you exactly where you'll find the ME-MA15 and ME-MA09, if that is indeed the correct part...

You'll be hard pressed to find one though unfortunately as they're already a collectors item, and the only ones I've managed to find are in museums. :rolleyes:

**Edited - I've removed reference to the model to avoid bringing the thread up in google searches. Please see the links for more details**

Anita1011_1.jpg

RegBoardUnder5.jpg

This is the original version. NOT the later LSI version!

More info can be found HERE and HERE.

I've given up my search for this particular item for now. They're just too rare it seems. They were VERY expensive at the time, and were quickly superseded so not many were made.

There's every chance that other devices from the time were fitted with the same ME transistors though obviously.

Last edited:
Oh gosh, thanks dave. Interesting that the mouse droid and landspeeder (and E11s) definitely had some sort of nixie display on them.. I know this is not a match but the same era of tech... its cool to see the inside. So Elliot is the other name on the logo

Oh, I thought it's not a good idea to post the exact model for google to index it and alert sellers that star wars fans have interest in this :(
Just searching for the transistors as shown on the picture should have been enough for forum members to find the links anyway

Oh, I thought it's not a good idea to post the exact model for google to index it and alert sellers that star wars fans have interest in this :(
Just searching for the transistors as shown on the picture should have been enough for forum members to find the links anyway
Hmm. I hadn't actually considered that to be honest. I think in this case, the chances of finding one of these are incredibly slim. I think the price that vintage tech collectors are already willing to pay for one of these is above what we'd pay just for the 7 transistors inside.

That said, I'll remove the reference to the model number and just leave up the links and pictures. (y)

I figured there's a very slim chance that someone might find one in a charity shop or jumble sale maybe. There are already people looking for these on online auctions unfortunately.

Oh gosh, thanks dave. Interesting that the mouse droid and landspeeder (and E11s) definitely had some sort of nixie display on them.. I know this is not a match but the same era of tech... its cool to see the inside. So Elliot is the other name on the logo
Yeah, I can't claim to have discovered that. Someone further up the thread pointed out the Marconi Elliott name, which lead me to this (after a fair bit of digging)

I guess the secrets out, lol. Been sitting on the model number while looking for one.
Sorry Chris. Should I not have said anything? I figured it wasn't doing me any good keeping it to myself. Virtually no chance of me getting my hands on one, so I figured I'd share my findings. I thought it would be of interest more than anything. Hope I haven't hindered anyone's search. I thought I'd be helping if anything.

It's not exactly a convoluted route to get to the model or the other products they were being used in. Some very surface level searching brings up the different products and lines of calculators these were being used in. So I wouldn't worry about posting what they were, if anything you're just helping people who want to find them get closer to what they need to look for. Sitting on it doesn't do anyone any good.

Someone should get some sort of stamp made you could dip in hardening ink like on real transistors. Make it to where you could stamp the markings on any transistors you want to with the more correct logos, then clear coat them.

jd pilot offered some nice water slide decals many years ago, perhaps it’s time for an updated version.
I don’t particularly care if I use vintage (read soon to be expensive) greblies, as long as what I use on my saber looks the part.
First time quoting myself, lol. Pilot was the other half of that team I believe, maybe one of them will answer their summonses.

First time quoting myself, lol. Pilot was the other half of that team I believe, maybe one of them will answer their summonses.
What are "water slide" decals teecrooz, I don't believe I'm familiar? And Same here scarf man. It will be a long ways off if I ever even do a vintage myself. The roman's properly weathered looks amazing. But the transistors just need a little TLC.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back