Nobell Gundam || G-Gundam

Re: Gundam Costume

I also just realised I'm using a mac. Pepakura doesn't work on it and I deleted parallels, because I barely used my windows on it. There will be a new PC in my home one day, but not any day soon. Especially not when I'll be off for the army (if I get through)

Kialna: Looks like a good start =) I face the problem with you regarding the availability of EVA foam.. and that is why I used corrugated plastic as a substitute. Slowly I discovered that it is actually a great material which is superior to EVA foam in structure stability. Now I am using corrugated plastic for almost all my costumes =) You should experiment and look for different material that is available to you. Material exploration can be quite fun =)

That's certainly true, but I miss a possibility for the smooth legs. However, we're not there yet. I'll be doing the chest for the rest today and maybe the shoulders.

clive, your gundams look like ones ive seen from the Philippines, i think ive seen your with my friend Kristoffer

clive, your gundams look like ones ive seen from the Philippines, i think ive seen your with my friend Kristoffer

Well...I brought my Gundam 00 to Philippines before...but not other Gundams...din get a chance to take a photo with Kristoffer when I was there.. Maybe what you have seen are not my Gundams ^^'

there is a unicorn over there which looks just like yours then. either way, yours looks great. wish my NT1 looked better.

Two pictures of how it looks today.

AHXZhl.jpg

Shoulders and the ribbon on the front. Shoulders will be finished today (I hope)

VjOJyl.jpg

The chest with some waist (now red) pieces.

you might want to plan a head of how your going to get the torso on. one of the reasons i had to build it twice.

Yes I have. :) Luckily the shoulders are coming in fast, and with those, the torso looks less bulky. However, I'll do a test-fit soon again. With the shoulders and see how it fits.

EDIT: PICS!!!

5ncNYl.jpg

One of the shoulders

JJ7F2l.jpg

Other shoulder before assembly

YEfEGl.jpg

Both shoulders (more or less) completed. The upper part must be painted and the yellow brick thing needs to be installed.

Still not sure about the chest. Not happy with it.

Last edited:

Update on the head:

SbL2Z.jpg

faZFg.jpg

zaPuw.jpg

We're getting there... (I need different antennae's but this is for the idea)

KrBML.jpg

I fiberglassed the head for more stability. Right now there's a layer of 'bondo'-like stuff on it to dry.

Just saying, Clivelee/miragecld is a boss at Gundam costumes. Do check up on your proportions too, as someone had mentioned before.

Anyway. Are you going to be reinforcing all of the cardboard bits with fiberglass? Generally the more you wear cardboard costumes they'll start to dent and fold EVERYWHERE, and it's hard to get them back to proper shape.

Also bummer to hear about not being able to find EVA foam. Here in the states I found both EVA foam and corrugated plastics at home improvement stores like Home Depot or Harbor Freight, maybe check home improvement stores if you haven't?...

Other than that I'm excited to see how this project will go~ Good luck~

i mentioned it before. but i was just going to wait to see how it fit.
better yet, check out fitness stores for gym supplies. they are meant as work out mats

Yeah. I've found something, but can't buy it. At this moment the budget is zero. I can barely eat so I work with what I have. So this is the last update for a while I think.

Yeah some things have happened in a sudden way, so yeah. It's on pause now, and all the cardboard I can get, is the cardboard I will take. I will also wait until I recieve the 3D model of Nobell Gundam so I can work with a decent reference.

Test fitted the torso again but took pics. And yes, it definitely needs to be done over. I'm thinking of getting some way of creating a mannequin so I can build around it. With my own measurements of course. My boyrfriend already loved the idea of wrapping me in ducttape :lol

This will take a while, especially with my funding now. So I'm putting this to a hold.

this is looking really well! cant wait to see it finished but take your time sort out what ever yo need to first!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back