No Man's Sky (video game)

The problem is Destiny isn't any better for all they've done. PvP is a disaster and they're hemorrhaging players and the forum looks ready to rebel some days. That said No Man's Sky probably has way more opportunities to improve and add content as long as they're not afraid to do so. They know what they want No Man's to be where Destiny's identity is still up in the air after being hacked to bits before release.

I read they will add more stuff to NMS in the "near future". And seeing as how a few people don't think the game is at this stage not worth $60 that just gives me more reason to wait until that time. At which point the price will have dropped as well :)

I agree on the Elder Scrolls NPC's (and NPCs in general).
If you're going to have such an expansive world like, say, Skyrim (to stick with TES) and make a big deal out of the different architecture and politics of various cities... then you need a little more variety in your NPCs: guards with more than 2 lines of dialogue, don't repeat the exact same bard in every tavern, etc.
As for this game.. looks promising, but it may be too early to tell. I'll wait, watch a few more gameplay videos and give it a think if/when I have the time/cash to upgrade my system.

Bungie did quite an amazing job with for example Halo 2, Halo 3 and ODST, tens of thousand lines of dialogue, a lot of that for random NPCs so for example a random marine say something you haven't heard anyone in the game say even though you have played the game for a few years

You have to remember that the Halo era Bungie is long gone though, those who stayed with the company after the rest turned into 343 either left during the creation of Destiny or were fired. Bungie can't ride the Halo fame train anymore now. I'm for sure play No Man's at some point since it's single player but it's going to have to be on sale, i foresee a lot of copies being cheap at gamestop used by Christmas.

You have to remember that the Halo era Bungie is long gone though, those who stayed with the company after the rest turned into 343 either left during the creation of Destiny or were fired. Bungie can't ride the Halo fame train anymore now. I'm for sure play No Man's at some point since it's single player but it's going to have to be on sale, i foresee a lot of copies being cheap at gamestop used by Christmas.

I am very well aware of "Bungie" being dead pretty much. Halo pretty much also died(got ruined) with the formation of 343. Stuff happens :(
I haven't used retail stores to buy games since basically the turn of the century :p

The problem is Destiny isn't any better for all they've done. PvP is a disaster and they're hemorrhaging players and the forum looks ready to rebel some days. That said No Man's Sky probably has way more opportunities to improve and add content as long as they're not afraid to do so. They know what they want No Man's to be where Destiny's identity is still up in the air after being hacked to bits before release.

You think that's bad, you should see the uproar over The Division, lol.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back