No Man's Sky (video game)

I saw the clips on IGN via my PS4 and my jaw was hanging open.....it just looks sublime, exciting and wondrous!

Rich

(mind you, i thought Watch Dogs was going to be huge and exciting.....boy was i wrong....)

As someone who isn't really into gaming these days (don't own a console nor a powerful computer system anymore), very few games catch my attention. But I was pretty excited when I heard about this game last year especially after seeing the announcement trailer back in December.

It does look fantastic and pretty ambitious. I can't imagine the game play and environment possibilities with the ability to explore all those different planets. Hopefully I will get to play it down the line.

OK... My mind is a bit blown.

This is the future of gaming.

Talk about a "sandbox" game...

I take it things grow and change due to "user" decision/design?

Holy crap......

Why isn't there a TRON game like this....

I actually like the "crappy" graphics... Very old school.

I want to build a Gunstar from TLSF!!!

Actually.... I want a game system where you just turn it on, start playing. And jump into a universe. Just like the game in this preview...

Take off from a hanger... Start flying... Go towards a star....

One star leads to grand theft auto 12. One leads to the original Pac Man!

Like different solar systems for different game systems...

And have it where the newer games could grow and change with updates, and the universe could grow on forever.

Crap... I think I ate the brown acid!!!

Seriously though. This is very trippy, and TRON-3SQUE in thought... A growing digital universe???

Even though in color/tone/graphics, it LOOKS like a sequel to the Wing Commander games....

Yeah, I may buy a PS4 for this...

Very excited for this. I was looking into Star Citizen but not a fan of , If you give us XX dollars we'll give you a really cool fake ship to use in the game. Paying decent money for fake stuff has always annoyed me. Then again someone sold an island in second life for a cool 250k dollars in REAL money....If you sell it they will come. LOL

Between this and Star Citizen, I am completely re-stoked about PC gaming. For YEARS it's been rehash after rehash of the same basic two styles of games... either a first person shooter like CoD or Halo, or MMORPGs like WoW or SW:TOR. I hope that now that games like Star Citizen or NMS have proven that you can create an entire universe and REALLY engage the players, we will see a lot more games like this.

I'm frankly tired of these games with limited amounts of content where everything follows a script and there are only so many places where you can go. I want games like this, where your actions can very well affect the game for YEARS to come. You leave your own indelible mark on the created universe by discovering a planet or altering the balance of power in an entire quadrant of space. A character that you create and develop can be the hero or the villain.

It's not just you doing a run-through playing a predetermined character like Master Chief or Revan, with the game designers determining what the canonical ending is despite your actions. No, your character is an independent character whose actions will either be forgotten utterly, or remembered for all time.

Kickstarter and other projects seem to be breathing life back into PC games even if the projects aren't on Kickstarter, folks are backing old school styles of games and it's getting attention from the industry and showing small companies that there is a market. Whether it's flight sims or turn based games it's nice to see a return to the classic play styles. Now if we could just get side scrolling shooters and platform games back lol.

I've b een waiting for this forever, but it really doesnt seem like a full priced game to me.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back