Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the two outer parts last night.

10246298_10152401671048841_7631256947285595359_n.jpg

1012593_10152401671678841_2774434697946915116_n.jpg

So I now have the three side parts per shoe.

I think I have to be on for a record late delivery with Karin Chen, Over a month has passed since I ordered both pairs of Mags and I still only have one pair. According to the shipping details my package never left China and has returned to the outgoing depot from which it started!
tracking.jpg

I don't think I am being unreasonable in being pretty p***ed at this point.

What is Karin saying about this?

The same old thing, "just a few more days and it will be there".

I also asked her to extend my payment protection which she said she would but then she said she forgot to do it in time.

So right now I'm nervous about these ever reaching my door.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I just want to commend everybody contributing and adding to this thread. I work in a technology/nerd filled company where people would be obsessed with this stuff. I'm not great with the refining and handy work but love this shoe and culture. I've followed this thread for a long time hoping I'd see something that finally made me feel like i could take this on myself but just dont feel comfortable doing it. If I ordered a couple personal pairs does anyone just customize the straps as the only prices ive seen for full conversions is to far out of my price range. Any response, encouragement or anything else will be super helpful. If anyone needs my contact info and would like to talk outside of the thread I'm fine with that too. Thanks again. and(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

So it looks like my worst fears are true, today after over a month of waiting my shoes got delivered to the factory they first came from. Unbelievable! Her my my conversation with Karin and where I am at this point, I'm still holding my patience as I still hope against the odds that they will get here.........when I'm 90.
convo.jpg

I guess the only positive thing about this is that at least you know where they are which means they can be re-sent.

I guess the only positive thing about this is that at least you know where they are which means they can be re-sent.

Yeah right, I'm trying not to be an ass about it as accidents do happen but obviously I wish I had them sooner.

The joys of ordering from China!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Did you order both the same size? My wear pair is US9.5. My display pair is US8 (because they don't make these in a US7) and I wanted them as close to 1:1 as I could get when displayed on the Hover Board. However I actually like the scale (if that is the correct term) of the US9.5 after modding and will buy another pair of US9.5 soon - maybe for display or just a back up wear pair. The US8s will look way cooler after they get a pair of 'outrigger" soles like my US9.5s have.

So it looks like my worst fears are true, today after over a month of waiting my shoes got delivered to the factory they first came from. Unbelievable! Her my my conversation with Karin and where I am at this point, I'm still holding my patience as I still hope against the odds that they will get here.........when I'm 90.

Yeh that sux man......
Well, at least they didn't get seized or something I suppose, so, not a total loss. I've had a few Ebay things never arrive over the years, so not just china this happens with. Once, I bought something and the Australia Post truck was destroyed in an accident and the seller wouldn't do anything. So, they didn't get destroyed because the delivery vehicle crashed, so it must be time for some good luck for you now, hope they arrive soon this time.

Did you order both the same size? My wear pair is US9.5. My display pair is US8 (because they don't make these in a US7) and I wanted them as close to 1:1 as I could get when displayed on the Hover Board. However I actually like the scale (if that is the correct term) of the US9.5 after modding and will buy another pair of US9.5 soon - maybe for display or just a back up wear pair. The US8s will look way cooler after they get a pair of 'outrigger" soles like my US9.5s have.

Yep I'd like to get another pair or 2 sometime and then try modding the old ones I recently had to repaint the midsoles of. Did you find any UV protectant paint for V2 midsoles so we can paint them with that on their arrival day and hopefully they won't go so yellow? The outrigger thing looks cool BTW, though I keep looking at it and thinking it needs to be more gradual a flare-out, if that makes sense.

Yep I'd like to get another pair or 2 sometime and then try modding the old ones I recently had to repaint the midsoles of. Did you find any UV protectant paint for V2 midsoles so we can paint them with that on their arrival day and hopefully they won't go so yellow? The outrigger thing looks cool BTW, though I keep looking at it and thinking it needs to be more gradual a flare-out, if that makes sense.

The only light grey product I can think of using to paint these soles is light grey rubber as in the stuff you mix and cast with. But if I was to go to that much effort, I might as well just work on a more accurate master and cast and pour that, then have my uppers attached.

Yes the outrigger soles do need to be slightly more sloped to be flatter on the sides. I am still working on my masters for these. I might be able to flatten the sides from my "pinky" casts by trimming them to size and gluing them to a hard board. I will experiment with Plaster Of Paris first before buying any expensive casting products and see what is possible here and see how well the waffle comes out etc. Deforming the mold might make things worse.

I still have some "pinky" and my unaltered US8 soles to experiment with as well.

So today Karin has issued a new tracking number and so far they seem to be on track, my only concern is this is the point where it all went wrong last time. Hopefully that was a one time thing and they will arrive here soon. Although things have gone wrong with this order I can still say Karin has been very good at communicating and has responded to my messages very quickly.

I get the impression from her that this is a regular thing, which if so makes me wonder why they don't change shipper or at least offer an alternative, I would of paid more for DHL shipping just to avoid this type of thing. Although, maybe they do it this way to avoid inspections which you would get if you sent it with the likes of DHL or FEDEX?

Dan.

Lets hope they arrive soon. Yes Karin has been good to deal with and why I will continue to buy from her.

Mags arrived yesterday from Karin. No worries, but got stung £22 import tax's. Lame.
Just starting the toe mod and realizing you need the strength of 10 tigers! lol
#slowlybutsurelysherises :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back