Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would loooove to have a pair of these... when Nike brings them out 2015 with the auto laces... gonna be pricy as hell i guess :(

From the limited info, NIKE is supposed to be releasing the "power lace" version as a limited run next year. I read somewhere that it may be another auction like the 2011 eBay one which means these shoes will probably fetch 5 figures each pair. I've also heard (and we all hope this part comes true) that NIKE will release a "general release" version of the shoe without lights for a few hundred a pair.

It would be awesome just to own a real pair of NIKE MAGs, even if I never wore them. Yeah right! Bring them out in my size at an affordable price and I will wear them everywhere :) plus buy a display pair.

Yeah I like my replicas, but there are things that are quite special about the real shoe that the makers of these replicas have missed.

You Dont need a real pair just make some yourself unless you can drop 3 to 7,000 without hurting the bank i must say i could of bought a pair buy now but im persistent on re ding the replica version to the R.D Mag i cant let all my work go to waste. speaking of work and progress i told you i would bring you the V2 outer rig like the authentics this is my prototype on a pair of V2 mags it will be a 2 part mold used for casting plus a touch of aqua blue tint for some color mixed in the translucent sole. Only the sole are custom nothing else display is half modded v2 shoe ready for re fabricating. plus sole re painted. and modded.

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums...8-ad22-48b7-9495-ee8527ed3ab9_zpsd3cb5060.jpg

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums...3-ebec-4dc7-8552-3d82233b11ca_zpsb0348549.jpg

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums...b-466d-4efb-9e83-ca8865c6590e_zps4eaea21e.jpg

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums...d-caf1-4429-a670-306b03da428b_zps5f494fda.jpg

We did it guys....... it wasnt that hard but is was a pain in the ass to do.. i matched up the grid lines it sets perfect it even has that accord inward lean like the R,D Mags set it really looks great i dont know why they didnt sell it this way in the 1st place.. Still a long way to go as far as mold and casting.Good luck Everyone on your Mods.

Last edited:
Hi,
great job.

how is your resprayed soles holding up?
also, have you figured what glue to use to reglue everything?

It would be awesome just to own a real pair of NIKE MAGs, even if I never wore them. Yeah right! Bring them out in my size at an affordable price and I will wear them everywhere :) plus buy a display pair.
Yeah I like my replicas, but there are things that are quite special about the real shoe that the makers of these replicas have missed.

With ya on that one, fingers crossed for an affordable release next year. Must.... save.... up.....

I got inspired by the actual pattern picture that was posted with that SoleCollector article, and decided to do a really quick test to see what those patterns look like.

Here's how they look printed onto paper, loosely taped together, and put on my dissected V1 soles. (just to give them shape)

MagTest1.jpgMagTest2.jpg

I don't know about you guys, but even in paper, that shape looks better than the V2s ever could. Looks like I might soon have to get back up to speed with my Mag game. ;)

I'll probably try them in foam next, including some of the secondary foam pieces like the internal heel support to see what's what.

-Nick

I got inspired by the actual pattern picture that was posted with that SoleCollector article, and decided to do a really quick test to see what those patterns look like.

Here's how they look printed onto paper, loosely taped together, and put on my dissected V1 soles. (just to give them shape)

View attachment 311873View attachment 311874

I don't know about you guys, but even in paper, that shape looks better than the V2s ever could. Looks like I might soon have to get back up to speed with my Mag game. ;)

I'll probably try them in foam next, including some of the secondary foam pieces like the internal heel support to see what's what.

-Nick
Nice to see some of the old gang together, now all we need is for cloneprops to post. cheers Nick nice to hear from
you keep up the good work Until next time.

i told you i would bring you the V2 outer rig like the authentics this is my prototype on a pair of V2 mags it will be a 2 part mold used for casting plus a touch of aqua blue tint for some color mixed in the translucent sole. Only the sole are custom nothing else display is half modded v2 shoe ready for re fabricating. plus sole re painted. and modded.
Awesome work. Can you post an image of the underside of the sole please?

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 311873View attachment 311874

-Nick

Very cool Nick. What size are they and can you mock up a cuff?

Very cool Nick. What size are they and can you mock up a cuff?
Roughly an 8, I scaled based on the ear holes/thumb pulls. (Where the holes should be roughly 1.1" tall) I did it a TAD too small, though.

And I'll start mocking up the rest (Including the cuff) as I move to foam just to see how it all looks.

-Nick

From the limited info, NIKE is supposed to be releasing the "power lace" version as a limited run next year. I read somewhere that it may be another auction like the 2011 eBay one which means these shoes will probably fetch 5 figures each pair. I've also heard (and we all hope this part comes true) that NIKE will release a "general release" version of the shoe without lights for a few hundred a pair.

Where did you find the info cavx?

Where did you find the info cavx?

There is no information stated by either Nike or Tinker Hatfield that there will be Nike Mags with auto laces next year. All these Blogs and websites just read any old quote and state it as fact without bothering to do any checking!

The only thing Tinker Hatfield is quoted as saying is "Yes", to the question, "Will we see power laces next year?".

Nowhere in that answer "yes" does he state there will specifically be Nike Mags with power laces.

Given the year and the obvious marketing potential, its obviously a possibility there may be a release, and we know they registered a patent in 2010 and more updated one recently in 2013.

Someone has even suggested that those people who bought the original 1510 auction pairs will either have 1st option to buy or maybe they will be the only people able to buy these power laced version.

If the non power laces version was limited to 1510 pairs, its funny how people assume a 2015 release is going to be available in mass quantities.

Nike is all about limited editions and 2015 / Back to the Future is unlikely to change that. Most young people don't have a clue about Nike Mags, nor do they have a clue about Back to The Future. Young people don't even know about cassette tapes, they have no clue over old movies, so I don't think the market is that big for any sort of mass release.

Even a general release of a standard Nike Mag without lights is likely to be a limited edition in small quantities.

How many pairs of the Mcfly Hyperdunk were released? Wasn't it 350 or something?

Then you have to look how they are going to sell these. Most likely either an ebay auction, or some sort of preorder or release date.

I agree with Airair 100%. I really don't see them being a general release shoe, how annoyed would the people be who forked out a ton of cash for the 2011 mag only for Nike to release the full power laced version to the general public. I'd be p****d!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

So I had the stickers for the strap printed out in reverse as my plan was to apply them between laminating film at the front to protect the sticker and the EL sheet at the back. I had the stickers printed out in reverse so that when I apply them to the laminating film they would be mounted the right way:-
uploadfromtaptalk1397566676966.jpg

The problem is that I have tiny air bubbles forming as you can see in this picture:-
uploadfromtaptalk1397566745177.jpg

Any ideas how I can get these out?

The only way is to pierce with a very sharp exacto knife then expel the air but it can be unsightly...

I thought of that but as you say, it would be a bit ugly. I might try to use something other than the laminating sheet to see how it turns out. Bit of a shame though because I liked the finish of the laminating sheet sans bubbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back