Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to start the toe mod today and the hairdryer I was using to help separate the toe started smoking:eek

You don't need heat. The material is very durable. Just use a button knife and pry it open gently. Remember, even IF it tears, it doesn't matter as that material gets tucked under as part of the toe slim procedure.

the front toe of the grey sole is too short, and when you glue it back, it bends slightly upwards.
if you look at the 1989 and 2011 versions, the front Toe is much taller and goes angled upwards whereas the V2 is too low and goes downwards.

There is no way to fix it.
It looks off when its off your feet, but once the shoes are on your foot, its less noticeable.

you can't really do much about it, if anything!

Yup, the material doesn't sretch like the poons, and the sole itself is a bit banana like from factory. A clear design fault that can't be fixed unfortunately. When they are on your feet, trust me, nobody will notice.

Hi guys, you made me want to mod my MAGs so bad I started the toe slimming.
Following Jedifyfe's tutorials&videos and every info I could get on this topic.
I could use some help right now I guess.
Here's where I am, and I wonder if I should glue back the sole first and then modeling the fabric to have a slim look or if there is anything else to do.

Thanks for your answers guys !
View attachment 222149

Carefully chop about 5mm off the inner fabric, then glue back along with the inners to the sole. If you are uncomfortable chopping the fabric, just fold it under and glue with gel control superglue. You won't notice the fabric on your toes if you fold evenly.

Thanks for you answer, but I'm still not quite sure what to do after I cutted the fabric.
1 : Glue the sole with the plastic only, and then glue the fabric to the plastic
OR
2 : Glue the sole with the fabric and the plastic together, modeling them with my fingers while glueing

Maybe I'm all wrong, but I do want to be sure before doing something dramatic.

Thanks again !

Ok guys, here are some pics after toe mod and glueing.
I'm just looking for something to give a nice finished glue line, because the loctite with brush isn't good for that I guess.
If Someone can tell me which glue to use, I'll be thankful.
IMG_2661.jpgIMG_2662.jpgIMG_2663.jpgIMG_2664.jpg

Last edited:
Ok guys, here are some pics after toe mod and glueing.
I'm just looking for something to give a nice finished glue line...

Your toe mod looks great! Congrats man!!

I use another Loctite glue that is a liquid gel type that is like shoe goo.

Your toe mod looks great! Congrats man!!

I use another Loctite glue that is a liquid gel type that is like shoe goo.

Thank you, from you it means a lot to me !
I'll do the black ones tomorrow as it is kind of a pain in the ass to do! It ain't easy, but following your tutorials and infos in this topic I was able to succeed.
You don't have to be afraid though, since it looks like you're destroying the shoe while unglueing the fabric.

Unfortunately, the Shoe Goo isn't available in France, so I don't know what to use, maybe that?.
I bought loctite control power flex and glue brush, as I saw on this topic it was the best things to use as lukebrynycz said (page 13).
I used power flex to glue the fabric to the sole, and then the brush to try to close the little gap between the plastic and the fabric.
But that doesn't leave a clean finish, or maybe I'm doing it wrong.
Here's a pic of the top of the toe to let you know what I mean.
I'll post tomorrow some pics of the black mags when I slimmed the toe.
IMG_9882.jpeg

Nice toe slim w0rd3r. Do you guys stuff anything in the toe box to keep them uniform or just eye it in? Both pairs of my MAGs have even toes. I'd hate to stuff that doing this mod.

Last edited:
How far do you guys usually separate the toe? I don't think I went far enough, I couldn't slim it down anymore without it creasing the fabric and looking horrible.

Where are y'all getting your aqua el panels from? I prefer the el sheets that have the connectors towards the middle as opposed to the very edges.

I keep having to take apart my straps because the EL in the strap blinks due to a loose connection. Could it be my wire glue? I'm using Radio Shacks...ah man it's frustrating...

I keep having to take apart my straps because the EL in the strap blinks due to a loose connection. Could it be my wire glue? I'm using Radio Shacks...ah man it's frustrating...

Interesting. I have yet to have any issues with my straps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back