Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Emma! ;)

My latest pair of 9.5 are done!

null-53.jpg

null-55.jpg

I hope the surge of sales of these shoes over the past months has sparked something over in China to make V3s. We're not the only people to buy these, so the total amount sold is actually a good number. The only things I see them fixing though is the strap and the shape of the upper. Everything else would be 'good enough' to them.

And if V3s never come out, we have airair's patterns to look forward if he manages to complete them. I see that most likely as the next step for replica MAGs.

Last edited:
Great vid Jedi.

It's fantastic to see them from all those angles.
I can't believe how good they are and it's mind blowing to think you have done so many pairs.

In my opinion you are the godfather of the V2 and M poon conversion

I salute you sir!

According to my calculations, with the size of shoe I have (8.5 by the Chinese, but is actually a size 9), the shoe should be about 2.2 inches taller.

To find the correct dimensions to make patterns just take a good image of one shoe from google or something, put it into ms paint, and check the width and height. Also clip with picture to match up with the back of the upper and not all the way to the heel cup. Then measure a V2 shoe from the toe tip to the end of the upper. Put the width over the height in a fraction then set that equal to another fraction with X on top and the width of the V2 on bottom. Cross multiply to get the missing height.

This is for the entire width and height of the shoe including the midsole. This doesn't figure everything out, but it's a good start though.

Last edited:
Wait, I did something wrong. I'll alter it a bit.

Edit: Even after I edited the things that need to be, they came out to be 1.64 inches taller than my V2s.

My V2s are about 9.4 inches tall and toe to the back of the upper is about 12 inches. Setting up an equation with this picture from google:
nike-mag-2-xl.jpg

it's 6.44/7=X/12. Cross multiplying that gives you 1.64. That's how I learned to equal out measurement ratios anyway.

Last edited:
Wait, I did something wrong. I'll alter it a bit.

Edit: Even after I edited the things that need to be, they came out to be 1.64 inches taller...

Definitely not that much difference. Here are comparison shots of he V2 and RD MAGS:

150950d242255cca43486d81f689ae3d.jpg

fb0dbaac42c778eea379ce0676b97c17.jpg

Re: Nike Mag V2 mod discussion and builds

Hey guys, anyone in the Uk have the 9v inverter that is recomended- the 'CL-IPTC-9v-3-7FT'? I'm looking to buy one, but the shipping is extortionate!

Hey guys, anyone in the Uk have the 9v inverter that is recomended- the 'CL-IPTC-9v-3-7FT'? I'm looking to buy one, but the shipping is extortionate!

unfortunately you can't get those. those stupid websites in the states don't know how to send by standard airmail which only costs $5!

so either you have to pay the extortionate postage costs, or you can do what i did, and go the 3v route.

All my pairs are powered by 3v (2 x AAA batteries) and i'll be testing out some 1.6v AAA 900mah rechargeable batteries so they will last really long!
So you can just take your rechargeable batteries out, charge them and then you're good to go.

The only downside to using AAA batteries is you can't connect a chargeport, but hey, since I couldn't find the 9v thin inverter, I had to adapt!
Hope that info helps!

See here, you make your demand of command order by message with the seller
with delivery EMS (low cost and rather fast).
Thinest Inverter/EL wire driver/ DC power inverter, View el wire driver inverter, okled Product Details from Shenzhen Lesterlighting Technology Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

Despite being taken for a ride a few times, i'm going to try getting a pair of v2s.

What's the best place to get the V2 Mags right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back