Nice score Original MPP for 40 GBP... TWICE!

Re: Nice score: Original MPP for £40

It's a well earned score. I see Kurtyboy listings looking for this and thats in all types of enthusiast forums (crossbow forums come to mind). So this good deal obviously came with a fair amount of legwork.

Congrats!

-DM

Exactly. Those who snooze lose. Unless they luck up in the JY. :lol

About nine years ago you were considered lucky if you got one of these for less than 600.00! Good job.

And yes, I do agree with the earlier sentimets...you are a *******. :lol

Thanks for the 'compliment' ;)

More pictures:
mpp6.jpg

mpp7.jpg

mpp8.jpg

About nine years ago you were considered lucky if you got one of these for less than 600.00! Good job.

And yes, I do agree with the earlier sentimets...you are a *******. :lol

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your quick reply. It's hard to tell but it looks just a bit bigger and smoother then mine ... still not as big as the Larbel in my pictures. Mine is about 1.0 mm wide and quite uneven. BTW I noticed yours has the rectangular blackbars and the grey button and mine has the trapazoid black sidebars and the black button. Like the famous Sherlock Holmes I'm trying by deduction to find out which MPP has the thicker shroud and from what I've gathered sofar it seems that yours might be the one :love albeit not as thick as the Larbel. So depending on the year of manufacturing it has either the thinner or the thicker edge. One more inquiry : Could you tell me the number that is right under the shroud if you unscrew the top button and also if the top button is dead on the center or just a bit to the right?
Of course it is also still possible that the MPP's with silver sidebars (rectangular/trapazoid) have the even more thicker edged shroud. Anyone with a real silver sidebars MPP on this board? Please enlighten me :confused

Thanks for your assistance,

-Chaim

Last edited:

One of mine had black trapezoidal sidebars (ESB style) and the other has rectangular silver sidebars(ANH style). The MPP nameplates are also very different (different fonts, type size).

My black sidebar flash has a 1603 under the shroud and a red "S" above the nameplate. 2-step shroud.

The silver sidebar has no number under the shroud and the "S" is black. This one came with the correct 1-step shroud. I believe it's the older of the two because it has no number and the nameplate is not as nice (type is somewhat crude).

Both have the larger "B" portholes and the black endcap insert with 3 rings.

I got an MPP off Ebay last week for $37.
Very nice condition.
It has a one step shroud, no number underneath.
Silver side bars and a black end cap insert with no rings.

Hi Chris and Tyderium,

When compared with my pictures in this thread could you tell which of your one step shrouds has the thin or thicker edge, please? :confused

Thanks in advance,

-Chaim

My shroud is not as thin as your MPP reference pic but more closely matches the edge thickness in pics of the archived ROTJ Vader Saber thread.

Last edited:

I have yet to venture into looking for an original MPP, but I've been around here long enough to know you did a fair amount of shucking and jiving to score that piece. :lol Nice job!

My shroud is not as thin as your MPP reference pic but more closely matches the edge thickness in pics of the archived ROTJ Vader Saber thread.

OK Thanks Tyderium, that helps a lot uncovering the mystery of the MPP :love BTW rectangular or trapazoid silver sidebars? Could you post some pictures of your MPP here, please?
I want to gather as much reference pics and info as possible hence those of us who are looking for a specific Vader MPP will know which questions to ask (on ebay) and/or what to pay close attention to when able to purchase one in person.

-Chaim

Last edited:

Well,

Is there anyone else with an authentic MPP who is willing to post some pictures here for comparison?

-Chaim

Y'all remember the MPP I picked up for £40 a few years ago?

Well I just picked up another one!

newmpp1.jpg

newmpp2.jpg

newmpp3.jpg

newmpp4.jpg

newmpp5.jpg

newmpp6.jpg

They say everything happens in threes, so my fingers are crossed ;)

Most of us started with the Luke Skywalker lightsaber, you started with the Han blaster!

Yes, you definitely need to have at least a Luke, Obi and Vader ANH in your collection. And I don't mean a cheapo MR, start collecting the parts and five years from now you'll be done!

Sweet. :cool

Me thinks i need to have not only eyes for blasters - maybe a few OT sabers would be nice to own, too? :confused

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back