Nice score Original MPP for 40 GBP... TWICE!

Re: Nice score: Original MPP for £40

Come on, be a man. Convert it!!:love

Yes convert.
LordMarshal.jpg

It's beautiful!
Looks like new and correct single step shroud :love
Congratulations!!:thumbsup

Wow Kurtyboy,

that's a real steal for just £40. Mine ended up 4,5 x more on the bay :cry
Question : Does yours have the thin or thicker shroud edge. It seems there are two types of the one step shroud. Perhaps you could add a picture of yours from the top? :confused
My Larbel has the thicker edge so I can swap them if I feel like it :rolleyes (BTW still looking for an authentic thicker edge MPP shroud though)

-Chaim

You know, other than removing the microflash label, it can be converted without doing permanent damage. I mean, the strip'll slide out of the clamp, and the grips can be done with double sided tape. Am I right?

Wow! Congratulations for being sooo lucky!

Well, unless you don't have a ANH-Vader in your collection yet, I would tend to leave it in this beautiful state - as it looks virtually factory-new. :love

Converting such a vintage piece into a lightsaber and maybe even weather it for the 'used universe look', kind of aches my heart...

Well you are pretty safe because technically it won't be Obi-Wan kenobi thingy..rather a Darthy Vadery type thingy. :)

damn you! im so jealous!

get some of that accurate T-track grips and mess around with the clamp and you my friend will have the most accurate Vader saber EVER.

btw, whats so special about the shroud? arent all MPPs the same?

Hello there.

Here are some pictures of the shroud differences between MPP, LARBEL and HEILAND.

-Chaim

How does the Parks version compare with the others? I remember they were fully functional, but never came across any report that made it distinguishable from the real ones other than their new condition.

Well,

I don't no about Parks however I've got a plastic replica shroud that looks exactly like my real MPP. Even the top screw is not quite centered on it ... just like the original and ... it has a thin edge too. It came with a Heiland conversion. Could be Blast-Tech? :confused

-Chaim

It's a well earned score. I see Kurtyboy listings looking for this and thats in all types of enthusiast forums (crossbow forums come to mind). So this good deal obviously came with a fair amount of legwork.

Congrats!

-DM

Wow! Congratulations for being sooo lucky!

Well, unless you don't have a ANH-Vader in your collection yet, I would tend to leave it in this beautiful state - as it looks virtually factory-new. :love

Converting such a vintage piece into a lightsaber and maybe even weather it for the 'used universe look', kind of aches my heart...

Meh i don't see the point in owning a part of a prop unless you're going to use it to build a prop, if you have an interest in old photographic equipment cool but otherwise make it into a saber or sell it.

Meh i don't see the point in owning a part of a prop unless you're going to use it to build a prop, if you have an interest in old photographic equipment cool but otherwise make it into a saber or sell it.

Mine is halfway there. Just need to cut my original Exactra 19 bubbles and add some grips. BTW Are the grips to be rounded off like MR? And does the calculator strip still has the circuit board attached like the MPP ROTJ :confused

My endcap looks just like here : http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=40270&page=14
How about yours Kurtyboy?

The picture of Darth Vader's MPP in Chronicles looks like to have a thin edge on the shroud that is if my eyes don't deceive me. Any thoughts on this? Anyone?

-Chaim

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back