New X-wing cockpit (for Lucasfilm)

It is a real shame that everyone signs it. :unsure

We purposely hid the crew sigs on the underside near the maintenance hatch where nobody can possibly see them. For all the blood, sweat and tears we sunk into this project over the years to keep it alive and show-worthy for the fans, we thought it was a fair trade & in the real world USAF, the crew chief's name is painted under the pilot's name near the cockpit, so it was fitting. Plus the RPF and R2 Builder's Groups are credited on the sign that accompanies her on tour for all of the parts donations. ;)

That's fantastic work, Jim! Can't wait to see it in person when I make the 160 mile round trip up there. :)

Kev
(I'm COS_Vader on the sig)

Nice to hear from you Kev! Yeah, Kev did hide the sigs and with all the work we put into her it was well warranted.

I hope to install the cockpit panel this weekend.

Is that the same model that was on display at FIDM for the "Dressing A Galaxy" exhibit? If so, then it looks a whole lot better now. Nice work!

Just wondering...does a person need to be 3/4 scale to fit in the cockpit?

Mike

Is that the same model that was on display at FIDM for the "Dressing A Galaxy" exhibit? If so, then it looks a whole lot better now. Nice work!

Just wondering...does a person need to be 3/4 scale to fit in the cockpit?

Yup, it's the same one. :) I'm 6'4" tall and I fit in the cockpit, so it'll fit a real person.

R2 has already been tackled. He has an automated motorized dome with full dome lights. Need to work out some wiring kinks with him. Right now he talks and moves his head around when somebody comes close to the xwing.

Its swell to know Jim you have a hand in this project, there is an incredible amount of logistics involved in a restoration of this size and scale and it’s phenomenal to know your one of the talented individuals involved in this undertaking, congrats sir. :thumbsup

Thanks Andy! It is a honor and a pleasure working on this bird.

Anyway, I got everything wired up yesterday - now just waiting to install the panel with the other part of the cockpit. For kicks here is an electrical test of the panel inside the cockpit. There are 2 trench run sound events that play out, this is the 2nd one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsMNBi1Vw_k&feature=channel_page

And here is an walkaround I did as of yesterday (in HD):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcejF99E-so&feature=channel_page

I believe this is them?

ThreeQuarterTouringXwing_B.jpg
ThreeQuarterTouringXwing_A.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back