New Voyagers Omni

some updates for those not following my facebook. First brass ones from beta testers
body_front.jpg
lid_front_1.jpg
assembled_1.jpg
dial_front.jpg

Wow amazing! Totally love what I see and yes very excited. Thanks for sharing the pics when it all starts coming together a bit at a time I need one for my collection. Also will have to hunt down a Voyagers a guide as well. You Sir are TOP NOTCH!!

That’s beautiful and I’ve wanted one for so long, but sadly, the price of printing in brass is more than I can put out.

Is there any chance that it could be printed in high detail plastic?

I bet many more sales would be generated if it could.

What's the difference between the latest pics and some of the previous pics? In the set posted August 10, the stamped V and text looks soft- like plating has filled it in, the set posted Feb 1 doesn't seem to have a texture down in the stamped V or lettering and these latest pics all the text looks crisp and has a texture.

Is it different processes? What does someone older if they want the quality like the latest pics? They look great!

What's the difference between the latest pics and some of the previous pics? In the set posted August 10, the stamped V and text looks soft- like plating has filled it in, the set posted Feb 1 doesn't seem to have a texture down in the stamped V or lettering and these latest pics all the text looks crisp and has a texture.

Is it different processes? What does someone older if they want the quality like the latest pics? They look great!
The screen used omni lid was engraved using a sharp metal object and a hammer. So I duplicated that for people who prefer it. (I do not like it myself) And I made an idealized much sharper version for everyone else who just wants it to look clean.
This is the screen used omni lid for reference.
PDVD_104_Converted.jpg

I'm talking about on the parts customers have received from Shapeways. Here are screengrabs from the images you posted:

OMNI.jpg

The one on the left the features seem kind of soft- are these plated?
Center- Sharp with no texture
Right- Sharp with texture

Are these different options you can pick when ordering the parts?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back