New Toho Godzilla film

I noticed a few other people regarding how big of an issue their time is. I mean, I get it a little bit, I suppose if you have kids, and you have to hire a sitter, but man. The way some people talk about their precious time its like, dude, youre sitting in a theater for a couple hours. Is it really that big a deal? This of course is coming from a single guy with no kids :lol
Enjoy it while you can.
Not that there's anything wrong with settling down but, if there's one piece of advice I can give you it's this: get all your toys before you get married.
So, if you're on the fence about getting that very special prop, especially if you're in a committed relationship, buy it now - even if you can't afford it. The door becomes extremely narrow after you tie that knot.
You have been warned.

Same here. We have an unspoken "don't ask, don't tell" regarding purchases.

But some special items are simply impossible to pass off as "affordable" - even if she was trying to believe it. Those things you get while you're single.
(e.g. the $3800 Albion Armoury Conan the Barbarian Atlantean sword or the $4200 1925 Colt Commercial 1911A1 in my safe.)

It may or may not; I don't think there's been any word about it, though. This movie would either need to be dubbed or subbed for a release here and I don't know how many people in the general population stateside would want to see not only another Godzilla movie (what with the recent Hollywood one) but one that they'll either have sit through reading (I know, God forbid people have a grade 4+ reading level) or deal with a mediocre and jarring dub.

I guess I can understand that. But, nobody is really watching for an engaging story, they're there to see Godzilla wrecking stuff up, so understanding what is going on when Godzilla isn't on screen isn't important. The only Godzilla plot that really matters is the '54 film because of the anti-nuclear message in a time where, at least in the State, nukes were all the rage.

I can't believe i'm watching the same trailer as some of you who are touting its quality. It looks like a very poorly made fan-film trying to remake the 60's movies, with a rubber suit Godzilla cobbled together from the leftovers of other fan films.

I can't believe i'm watching the same trailer as some of you who are touting its quality. It looks like a very poorly made fan-film trying to remake the 60's movies, with a rubber suit Godzilla cobbled together from the leftovers of other fan films.

I think that is the point. If that is what they are trying to represent the they are doing it successfully. :)

Enjoy it while you can.
Not that there's anything wrong with settling down but, if there's one piece of advice I can give you it's this: get all your toys before you get married.
So, if you're on the fence about getting that very special prop, especially if you're in a committed relationship, buy it now - even if you can't afford it. The door becomes extremely narrow after you tie that knot.
You have been warned.
I think you just convinced me to not ever get married. :lol Seriously, I think all the girls I would want to settle down with are taken. I appreciate the advice though. I just bought a condo so... I dont have any extra money to buy anything! :cry

I'm going to give it a chance as I'm a HUGE G-FAN ! :thumbsup

The comments about the arms are still making me think he's
doing some kind of regeneration or transformation ? All the glowy red
inside his arms and what looks like heat coming off him...

As to a release, much as people DON'T like to talk about it I'm going
to wager if we in the U.S. want this were going to be stuck getting
it from a torrent site. I don't see a HUGE Theatrical release here sadly... :(

I'm going to give it a chance as I'm a HUGE G-FAN ! :thumbsup

The comments about the arms are still making me think he's
doing some kind of regeneration or transformation ? All the glowy red
inside his arms and what looks like heat coming off him...

As to a release, much as people DON'T like to talk about it I'm going
to wager if we in the U.S. want this were going to be stuck getting
it from a torrent site. I don't see a HUGE Theatrical release here sadly... :(

So rare.
In 1985 I saw a new G in US theaters, in 2000 again it occurred. So if it's fifteen year increments its time again.

I dunno about a theater release but I can see a DVD of it and that's fine,I like Gojira but actually not enough to pay ticket prices.

I honestly have never seen one in a theater,always been a at home on the TV/PC thing,in fact I remember the big thing on late Fri early Sat TV as a kid was the Toho films they'd show or Sat afternoons.

Not counting the new American one,that I saw at the theater....

Main thing is I'm glad the Japanese are at it again, it was far too long a gap.

They kinda needed it,the films weren't so great after about 1990 and they restarted it twice already and the last film was.....horrible,if you can imagine all the cheese of a 70's Gojira film stretched to two hours you have Final Wars.

Toho needs to stop going all over and bringing the cast of an anime into the things and just make it about giant monsters raising hell no aliens,no space monsters,no environmental crusades,no ancient curses just big radioactive lizards chewing up the city!

For me the best Gojira films are 1954,1955,1984,and the one where we had the possessed Gojira,the others vary from fun to oh my gawd why am I watching this??

Yes Final Wars was painful but 12 years is a long time to wait. I also enjoy the new figures and statues that come
with new movies even if the flick was bad. I gotta say though this new G is so creepy I'm not sure I want him in the house. LOL

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back