New Star Trek TOS Phaser coming November 2014

Is there enough room between the crystal and the edge of the round insert to maybe work a thin strip of black electrical tape down in there to try and seal that up? When I first saw the pics and saw the light coming through that point, I knew I'd have to mess with some way to seal it. :lol

possibly. but It would probably need a notch In It. to fit past the part behind the crystal.

IMG_0732.JPGIMG_0733.JPGIMG_0734.JPG

Ah, I didn't notice the little pieces holding the crystal in earlier pics. :( Thanks for the close up shots. :thumbsup

Your welcome..

For Informative data. there are magnet's In the holding stand and the handle....
Update. two magnets In the handle. two magnets In the holding plate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do the LED's have the sparkling effect like the MR phaser or is it just solid colors? Some of the MR LED effects had kind of a multi color sparkling effect.

Has anyone tried using the fine steel wool to give the satin metal finished parts that realistic aluminum look with the fine striations of scratches/shine?

Do the LED's have the sparkling effect like the MR phaser or is it just solid colors? Some of the MR LED effects had kind of a multi color sparkling effect.

I'm not sure redshirt. Iv'e never had one of the MR phaser's. but to me It looks sparkly. and I don't think I will take steel wool to this one. but I would like to buy another one to possibly disassemble. although I think there would be some breakage somewhere doing so.

The dilithium crystal chamber looks awesome. Can't wait to pla-- uh, subject mine to careful analysis and testing in a highly adult manner. For science and stuff. :p

Don't think I'll be modding mine, since that stand makes it such an awesome display piece already. But I'm pretty sure when I get it, I'm going to caliper it to death, and I'll even be the first guy, hell, the only guy, to be the 32,497th guy to do that. :p

The dilithium crystal chamber looks awesome. Can't wait to pla-- uh, subject mine to careful analysis and testing in a highly adult manner. For science and stuff. :p

Don't think I'll be modding mine, since that stand makes it such an awesome display piece already. But I'm pretty sure when I get it, I'm going to caliper it to death, and I'll even be the first guy, hell, the only guy, to be the 32,497th guy to do that. :p

Have some polish around the house. when you take the protective cover off the stand. that sucker Is a finger print magnet...

I'm pondering something. do you guys think there's any chance the FX mode would be separate from the remote systems? FX In one part and remote In the other..

I'm pondering something. do you guys think there's any chance the FX mode would be separate from the remote systems? FX In one part and remote In the other..
I think so Brain, but Tuesday Weld isn't a complete sentence. :p

I'd love to know that just because I'm a geek and I love DIY tech autopsies, but if I ever put electronics in a TOS unit (which oddly is almost against my religion), I'd have to do it myself. I've been learning Arduino programming and I've built a couple of boards (soldering components is immensely relaxing), and I'd just go bust if I couldn't figure out my own electronics. Some guys in the maker movement say you don't really own anything you can't hack, but for me it's more about getting exactly what I want as opposed to accepting somebody else's compromises. Plus, when I build a board, program it, and then see it come to life and work, I get that huge Frankenstein rush. :)

Very nice to hear first impressions.

I was thinking that a nice addition to possible "upgraded" grip, fins etc. may be a custom stand.

I have heard some people say they wished for a stand that was either generic Star Fleet issue - or custom ships or titles.

I am sure DEC could make a custom base/stand that still had the magnets but with custom engraving if there was interest.

I found a few sapphire crowns to use on the P1. I think the 4th one is the one I'm going to go with. I'm happy I won the auction.
Five crowns for under $20 shipped. What do you think? The 1st and 4th look the best.

$_12.JPG$_12-1.JPG

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back