New QMX Phaser from Star Trek Into Darkness

I would love a Hero, but if the tare down version has the same finish and if it has the rotating barrel, I would be interested it that too.
I finally got time to see the movie that can with my QMX Phaser and I like that concept ;)

Update on mine... I recieved the replacement, and there was no warping!

Buuuuuut it has a large chip taken out of it right on the end of the "barrel" that looks like someone took an ice pic to it.

So I called amazon again, and now my third phaser is now on the way. Fingers crossed.

I got my third one and it was warped as well. So I just returned them all and bought a sonic screwdriver universal remote instead. Haha. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

It appears this phaser has resurfaced at qmx online. You can now order the Star Trek Into Darkness phaser (by itself) for $59.99. The description says it has been procured in very limited quantities, and is in stock.

Interestingly, the phaser is also up for pre-order on the front page of bigbadtoystore.com. The BBTS description states "Please Note: The retail packaging of this item states that the Blu-Ray disc is included. The movie is not included, the box contains only the phaser replica," thus raising (or perhaps answering) the question of whether these are new phasers or simply the fate of the Amazon returns.

got my amazon set today - while phaser is nice, the bottom is quite warped ... disappointing - any way to fix it ??

I just received mine today.
As what appears to by typical with these, there are a number of surface blemishes, like perminent scuffing.
I kinda just shook my head and sighed as I put it on my prop shelf.
I guess I kind of expected it after the generally negative response from those who purchased the Blu ray gift set.
Since this purchase was mainly to have an extra prop for my cosplay crew, I just sucked it up and will take it as-is..
Could be worse; lots of people paid a higher price and even the super inflated collectors item price for the original release of the gift set - I feel bad for those who paid upwards of $200, as Qmx didn't even bother to ammend the box it comes in, it still says the Blu ray is included (there is an empty compartment in the styrofoam insert where the disc box would go) so essentially, it's the same exact product, no apparent changes made to any of the packaging to preserve any collectors value of the original release.
That all being said, I'm glad I got mine for the lowest retail price available at $50. Had I paid much more, it'd pain me to go through the hassle of an exchange which would likely yield yet another damaged or flawed copy.
There is no apparent warping and the kill/stun barrel rotates just fine.
I own the first movie phaser from Qmx as well and prefer the chromed look of it over the sequel version.
Overall...I'm just a bit "whatever" about it. As a cosplay accesory, it's still alot better than the Playmates toy and honestly, I won't feel so bad if it gets scratched a little while at a convention.

i received the box from amazon yesterday. The phaser is great stunt replica, the spinner turns manually and locks in place. Never paid so little for a replica, thanks to amazon and qmx :p :)

I think the phaser it´s a really decent plus for the Bluray.
My phaser´s barrel is a little tricky to rotate, but nothing to worry about.
It seems that in Italy it comes just with the Bluray, and the cover art is different.
La Plata-20140110-00085.jpg

PS: the box you pictured says that it contains the 3D combo and does not. International editions are very particular...

It seems that in Italy it comes just with the Bluray, and the cover art is different.
View attachment 275337

PS: the box you pictured says that it contains the 3D combo and does not. International editions are very particular...

yes, they covered the back and part of the front of the box with italian language cover that states it's only blu-ray version

Hrrunstar:
Oh the text that I saw on the sides: 'PLJ 0824-110966' 'UFP PH T-1' and 'T1 BATT ONLY. R/B' and on both sides on top of the bottom blade that holds the spinning emitter is less clear raised lettering 'WARNING KEEP THIS AREA CLEAR'.
I never saw the "WARNING" script on both sides of the barrel! Thank you for noting that!

I had preordered mine from Amazon in the US so I got the US release. I don't think that there was an Australian version of it.

Wow who would have paid $200 for it? I got the full boxed set from Amazon including 3D Blu-Ray for $79.99 ($85.97 including shipping to Australia).

Could be worse; lots of people paid a higher price and even the super inflated collectors item price for the original release of the gift set - I feel bad for those who paid upwards of $200, as Qmx didn't even bother to ammend the box it comes in, it still says the Blu ray is included (there is an empty compartment in the styrofoam insert where the disc box would go) so essentially, it's the same exact product, no apparent changes made to any of the packaging to preserve any collectors value of the original release.
That all being said, I'm glad I got mine for the lowest retail price available at $50.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back