New model for OWK three holes saber...

OWK SS COMPLETE Scaled 11032023 v3.png
OWK SS COMPLETE Scaled 11032023 v2.png

This one will be all aluminum with glossy black anodizing. It will be a FX capable saber. And I thought it would be fun to have an alternate red button and MR style emitter cap for anyone who wants to use it as an AOTC style saber.

And my interest is piqued!

Should this have alternate pommel cubes w/o holes to be an AOTC saber?

That's a thought. But I don't think so, since the solid pommel cubes were only the result of resin castings, there would have been holes on any heroes that were made.

Dan

Yeah, just by virtue of the fact that this isn't chromed resin means it's already idealized. The holes in the cubes would therefore also be a logical idealized detail.

Yeah, just by virtue of the fact that this isn't chromed resin means it's already idealized. The holes in the cubes would therefore also be a logical idealized detail.
I wouldn't say it's idealized, as much as it's what the prop would have looked like during the AOTC filming. There's some bts shots of Ewan showing off a hero where the o-ring is present during the filming of AOTC. By the, the tpm hero was gone. So, I think it's very possible it's this saber at an earlier stage in it's life

So, what's the story behind this lightsaber? Only used in a few scenes in RotS as a placeholder?
We know that it was on hand for ROTS filming and that there was originally plans for Obi-wan to loose his old saber and either build a new one or get a new one.

But, I think that it wasn't made for ROTS, but was instead upgraded from an AOTC hero. The reason I say this is because there is BTS video of Ewan showing off a hero from AOTC, and it is not the TPM hero. Also, when MR was referencing their replicas, back before ROTS, SD told me that he'd examined a metal OWK hero (this was when they were producing the OWK Ep1 EE, and that saber is very different from the TPM hero we all know and love).

Once I have a prototype in hand, I'll take it out to the cape and make a video with Halliwax detailing the history of the different props. It will be wicked

We know that it was on hand for ROTS filming and that there was originally plans for Obi-wan to loose his old saber and either build a new one or get a new one.

But, I think that it wasn't made for ROTS, but was instead upgraded from an AOTC hero. The reason I say this is because there is BTS video of Ewan showing off a hero from AOTC, and it is not the TPM hero. Also, when MR was referencing their replicas, back before ROTS, SD told me that he'd examined a metal OWK hero (this was when they were producing the OWK Ep1 EE, and that saber is very different from the TPM hero we all know and love).

Once I have a prototype in hand, I'll take it out to the cape and make a video with Halliwax detailing the history of the different props. It will be wicked

This should prove interesting!

There is a photo of Ewan in the "Dressing a Galaxy" book. He's in his AOTC costume and he appears to be wearing a metal hero. I always thought it looked different than the TPM hero. Shinier anyway:
View attachment 1758643
Great pic! Thanks for sharing. It doesn't look like a chromed resin stunt. That looks like polished aluminum to me. And I would agree, shiner than we're used to seeing the Ep1 hero, but it may be that they polished it up, or it could be a lighting issue that makes it appear so shiny. The LEDs are the Ep1 style, not the ROTS style.

Last edited:
Checking my photos taken at the Star Wars Costumes exhibit, from a few years ago, I just realized I had seen this hilt and had not even noticed the “salt shaker” top.

It was improperly identified as an Episode1 / Episode 2 saber…

IMG_1942.jpeg
IMG_1944.jpeg
IMG_1945.jpeg
IMG_1941.jpeg
IMG_1939.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back