re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hi, I'm from argentina and I'm a fan of Stargate and I like all movies prop and costume, This is a great web site

hello i joined this site about 5 days ago and never properly introduced myself

so here...we go!

i am a girl 18 years old loves to dress up
my costume im working on right now is the dark knight joker <3
i love this costume and will make it perfect
i will get better costume clothes
but i cant find a good wig anywhere and i dont want to cut my long hair :(
please help me!
other than that i will start my mad hatter costume one time
but now i just focusing on joker <3
any tips will be great

this is my joker please tell anything thAT CAN BE BETTER!

183978_1873204787166_1152545449_2530767_3379251_n.jpg

Hi everyone,
I am an Art Department Coordinator/Researcher based in Canada.
Found this forum looking for ID badges.
Best,
Cineimmune

Hi everyone,

I'm Simon, an artist, body artist, sculptor, prop and prosthetics maker.
I live and work in South Wales in the UK.

I will eventually get around to filling up my profile details and what not, and hopefully post some images in the various forum sections. In the meantime here's something I've been working on ....

pred_wip_17_by_marshon-d39wuch.jpg

Hey guys I'm Maximus (yes that's my real name)
I live in the great north (Alberta, Canada), love Daft Punk (I even make a Thomas Bangalter costume), and I own a Obi-Wan ROTS lightsaber (that's not edited at all (serious))

I guess I am pretty new to the forums... Well, I've been doing props and costumes for about 4 years now, nothing too fancy. I like to make a lot of things from video games. I'm from CA.

Hello all!

I'm from Upstate NY and my handle came from my attempts at blacksmithing, where I find I'm better at mangling the metal while occasionally managing to make something that matches my original goal.

I had seen Adam Savage's TED talk about making a Dodo skeleton and then the Maltese Falcon, and had caught the reference to therpf.

I had almost forgotten about that until my wife commented on how the Dr. Who Daleks resemble salt and pepper shakers, and that she'd like a set. After some investigation of what is out there commercially, I started looking at what would be involved in making them myself. That research led me back to the TED video, and almost inevitably here. And after seeing the work folks here have done or collected and shared with the group, I can see that I'm going to have to be very careful with my time management, otherwise I'll never get anything done. :angel

Thanks,
MM

Hello! I'm so glad to have found this excellent website! New to these forums but not to props and collectables. I started off with collecting toys ( still do) and have graduated to the wonderful world of prop and costume replicas. I have a mix of others works as well as some of my own, but I am at a level where I can take someone's good prop and make it a great one! Hopefully I will be able to be skilled enough to make stuff from scratch one day.

I'm primarily a big Dr Who nut, but I also am a huge Indiana Jones fan, and other interests are Bram Stokers Dracula, Clash of the Titans, Star Trek, Time Bandits, Fifth Element, and more. I'll be posting some pics & such soon and welcome your comments & feedback.

Hello all;

I've been into prop building for the last couple of years since my better half got the movie costuming bug; I've always enjoyed making stuff, and I've referenced this site many times over the course of that time. I figured I'd take the opportunity to thank all the posters for their tips, ideas, techniques and information that you've all shared here.

Luckily, our entire family are geeks, so anything I make goes down well at home.

Hello, I have been a prop/model builder for many years and heard this is the place to be. I hope to get into some trouble with you guys and make some projects pop! Thanks for having me.

Hello! I'm here because I love props and prop making and would like to be a professional some day. This forum is great!

Hi !

I joined the RPF because I also love props and collecting them !
I recently try to build some, but I am not really good at it and have two left hands !

Thank you for your website !

Hello everyone, fairly new to prop and costume making, I've been doing this for a year and a half. My knowledge is limited but I would be happy to help out where I can.

HI!
i'm italian and i make iron man suit!
sorry for my english if is not so good :)
i hope all of forum members can help me to complete my work!
thanks all of you!!

Greetings and Felicitations!

I found this place via Volpin's blog, which I found via a theater prop-maker's blog, because that is my background. I work in live theater. Mostly sound these days, but I miss the scenery and prop building and this forum and the amazing people here are helping me have the courage to get back into that.

Hi to all!

I found out about this site after looking at volpin's amazing replicas and it lit a fire in me that i havent had since high school! I'm really lookng forward to making a replica myself and I know i will with the help of members of this board and my own hard work!

Hullo All,

I've been lurking around this website for very long time but only got around to joining recently. I'm a costumer but I've started getting into prop making recently because it costs so much to buy the extras that make a costume really great.

I've been playing around with LED's and batteries and really hope to eventually be able to create some of the amazing things that I see here on this site all the time. Meanwhile, I have an enormous file of paper props that I've created and I was excited to see that paper props have their place here.

Hello everyone,

I'm please to meet you all talented people on this site, My name is German Loza i'm new to all of the prop and cosplay community, once I did the Cloud Strife cosplay, spent a lot of time making it but i think it came out ok not what i espected, i still need to fix a thing or two on it, i been trying to do the Firts Tsurungi but my 3 attempts have FAIL =( recently I just came up with another idea for it hope I can get start on it soon before ComiCon 2011 and my GF whants to go as Sephiroth femlae version, I already try making the pauldrons but also a fail @_@, right now i'm currently working on GuyManuel's helmet, and no I'm not an electronic wizard so i'm planing on making the light effect so basic that I geething the feeling that Volpin (my respects to this guy) will point and laugh at me X_X, if it comes out like i'm inspecting I will post pictures on the work and special thanks to the people were I got the ideas and other tutorials, well I just wanted to say that this forum has a great amount of talent and hope to one day reach that level of experience, making props sure is addicted, hope I can get along here and every thank you for sharing to the people you tricks and talent.

sincerely
German

Hi! I'm a fan of Harry potter, narnia, golden compass, star wars, and NCIS! hers my collection and I would be happy to post pics if anyone is interested. I'm so HAPPY to be a part of this community! I think it's going to be absolutely WONDERFUL just based on having been reading this forum for a LONG time! Thanks for making me feel welcome! :D

STAR WARS:
Obiwan ep 1
Qui-gon ep 1
Obiwan ep 3
Anikin ep 3 (scaled)
Obiwan ep 3 (scaled)
Darth sideous ep3 (scaled)
Mace windy ep2 (scaled)
Count dooko ep2 (scaled)
Darth mall ep1 (scaled)
Han Solo (scaled dark chrome)

HARRY POTTER:
WANDS
Harry
Hermione
Ron
Ginny
Nevill
Luna (first one)
Dumbledore
Voldemort
Bellatrix (first one)
Lucius (walking stick version)
Narcissa
Draco
Gridelwald
Luna (second one)
Snape
McGonicall
Slughorn
Harry (Light up)
Olivander's Ash #3 wand (WWoHP)
EXERYTHING ELSE
Marauder's Map
Snitch bust
Time-turner
Locket from the cave
Sorcerer's Stone
Chocolate Frog box (WWoHP)
Goblet of Fire sculpture
Hedwig Sculpture
Crystal goblet
The Prophecy
The Sorting Hat
Harry Artifact Box
Hermione Artifact Box
Official Replica Robes
Official V-Neck Sweater (arrived today! I'm so excited)

NARNIA
Peter's sword letter opener (Noble version :( )

GOLDEN COMPASS
The Golden Compass

NCIS
Caf-Pow Cup
Caf-Pow
Valentines Caf-Pow Cup
Bert the Hippo Original (folkmanis) version
General ID Badge
Abby ID Badge

Tell me what you guys think! Not bad as far as I'm concerned :)

Hi everyone,

This is a wonderful forum and I'm delighted to be able to follow the many talented folks who share their tips and progress. I'm a huge fan of weapon replicas from most shows. My favorite props are those from Firefly, BSG and Star Wars.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back