Howdy folks. I've been registered here forever, but just lurking. I'm primarily a modeler, anime (Gundam etc) and scifi (Star Wars in particular). I've been known as Pedro (@Shiporama) or Bawoo on modeling boards for years, and did a stint as a 3d modeler of Trek stuff long ago. Love this board, tons of good reference info. Currently working on a Revell AT-AT and AT-AT Driver costume. Here's me as Qui-Gon made for the ROTS release. :)
10391965_188431863342_4865945_n.jpg

Hi, I'm from Germany and a long time lurker. I created a account long ago, but want to be more active now to train my English. My main interests are Jurassic Park (I am a paleontologist), Indiana Jones, Uncharted and Star Wars, but I am also a Fan of BTTF, Marvel, DC and many more.
You guys do a awesome job here!

I'm Svetlana, Russian :) originally from Lithuania, now living in Ireland. You can call me Lana. It's easy. I like Star Wars! I'm looking for costumes, helmets and other prop.

Hello everybody,
What can i say love the site and an endless fountain of knowledge.I've been making various things over the years and my latest project arrived a few days ago and i must say im very excited about it.

20140926_172048.jpg20140926_172246.jpg20140926_172405.jpg20140926_173136.jpg

Fresh out of the box!!!

Hi my name is William. Born and raised here in San Francisco, CA. Recently divorced. Shared custody of my wonderful 9 year old son. I am a civilian living with PTSD and other issues ;-( Collecting and costuming have worked better then meds to kept the demons at bay. Visited my first comic convention back in the early 1990s and since the birth of my son i bring him to all of the local toy and comic shows. Huge fan of the 1980s as you can tell from my user ID name especially that short lived cheesy TRON-ish show: AUTOMAN. I have a website dedicated to the 1980s. Collector of pretty much everything: comic books from the Golden Age to 1980s, G1 Tranformers to current, TRON, Street Hawk, Classic video game systems from PONG, ATARI 2600, 5200. 7800. Colecovision, Intellivsion, VECTREX, Electronic tabletop and handheld games, movie posters from the 1920s to current, screen used and replica props and wardrobe and the list goes on and on. Had a collection of coin-ops in the garage but have since SOLD it all. Emulation helps. Since the divorce have been down sizing and passing the baton to others. Been lurking this forum for many many years. Only recently i started to post as i am building a father and son Guardians of the Galaxy Star-Lord ensemble. My past costumes were: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Lt. Simon "GHOST" Riley and PREDATOR Blain father and son outfit with NERF Gatling Minigun with ammo backpack. I work part time in IT for some makeup company. eBay have been my life blood since 1997. So much to buy and do but not enough room :)
wsc2010 075.jpgwsc2010 078.jpgwsc2010 076.jpgDSCN2850.JPGDSCN2842.JPGDSCN2857.JPG

hey guys!

ive been interested in this kind of stuff for awhile and I just want to get my hands dirty and build something really cool. not sure how all of it works but going to start small and work my way up. if there are any kind of books or web tutorials you guys have found to be helpful in times past. please forward them to me. I think im going to start with a paper Kura dethstroke mask. and costume.

thanks for all the encouragement and recorices in advanced. happy building!

hey guys!

ive been interested in this kind of stuff for awhile and I just want to get my hands dirty and build something really cool. not sure how all of it works but going to start small and work my way up. if there are any kind of books or web tutorials you guys have found to be helpful in times past. please forward them to me. I think im going to start with a paper Kura dethstroke mask. and costume.

thanks for all the encouragement and recorices in advanced. happy building!

sorry if this posts twice. my computer went funny on me.

Re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hello Everyone,

My name is Daren. I have checked out this site many times and have just now joined up. I have to say, there is allot of talen on here.I am a part of The Hunter's Lair (big fan of Predator) and a couple Halloween forums. In the past I have done a few cosplay costumes, but never showed them off online. Pretty much consisted of Jack Sparrow and Heath Ledgers Joker. I look forward to learnig and sharing ideas with others on here. This last Sunday , I started to learn how to use a sewing machine for the first time.So if anyone has advice on anything,I am always willing to learn.

Thanks

Hi everyone!

I've been a casual lurker but just lazy to get an account, well, until today. I'm a member of the 501st Legion and a sci-fi lover. I own a Stormtrooper armor and am currently doing an ANH Tusken Raider and a Commander Praji outfit. More than doing the costumes, I like to follow the WIP about anything sci-fi and anime related, in order to learn and get ideas for future projects. I'm always looking to get better at prop making, even if I still suck at it! Probably because as a day job I work as a video editor, who knows....

Hoping to have a blast at the RPF!

Greetings and salutations!

I'm from London, England.

I found this forum completely by chance while trying to find a tutorial about how to make a part of a Morrigan (Dragon Age Origins) cosplay. I came across a commission post and thought, hey...this would probably be exactly the kind of site to join.

I started going to comic cons in 2011, and since then I've been hooked. Gradually I've put together cosplays either through items I own, help from friends who do costume, sometimes buying stuff, and now me making my own stuff.
I've so far done Kairi (Kingdom hearts), Tifa Lockheart (FFVII), Amber (Suckerpunch), Juliet Starling (Lollipop Chainsaw), Lara Croft (Tomb Raider), and Katara (Avatar The Last Airbender). Katara was the first costume I made totally alone, and it was a harrowing, rushed job that I was so proud of I seemed to get the making bug. I'm working on my Morrigan cosplay at the moment, and hoping to get some tips on how to create a Rogue (X-men) outfit for next time.
I want to expand my abilities with actual costume since I'm not very experienced and have a better idea of how to approach the costumes themselves.
Sorry for the boring ramble.

Great to meet you all!

Hello all!
I am new to the prop making community and everything I have seen here is amazing! I am eager to get started on crafting my first prop replica, Han Solo's DL-44 blaster. I saw an amazing video about this and they mentioned the RPF has an extensive post on this. Needless to say I will be digging into that and be starting the long process of building my own replica. Looking forward to all the information and help as this project gets started.
-Jim

Hi everyone!
Just signed up after following RPF on Facebook for a little while... I recently made a Wind Waker Link costume for my little lad, and it occoured to me afterwards that I should have taken the time to read up on methods before just diving in and making something (although it was kinda fun, learning as I went). Since the costume itself involved no "build" being cut/modified/repurposed clothing that turned out fine... the sword and shield were wood and were actually kinda decent, but could have been better, and could have caused fewer headaches with better planning, I think.

Anyway, I think I'll make something for myself now (to be decided), and trawling through these forums (and others, and youtube) has already helped immeasurably. If I get into a proper build, I'll post pix but I'll likely take quite a while over it (free time is a rare commodity for me) so expect to see me more often when I'm just crying in frustration and begging for advice :p

Well hello!

My name is Elle, I am starting to focus more on actually constructing my costume designs.
My primary costuming interests of the moment include Star Wars and Ancient Greek/Mythology themed fandoms (300, Percy Jackson, etc). I am currently working on a formed leather cuirass built for the female form (let's hear it for armor that actually covers vital areas of a woman's body!) and a Corinthian style helmet, which I could really use some advice on actually.
Glad to be here!

Hi all, Im Harry. I've been a troll of RPF and 405th for months now. Seeing the mortgage is paid down, I can actually make the room in the garage to start doing some fun stuff. I collect here and there, but want to make my own. Too much artistic stuff stuck in my head needs to get out on the table and into form.
I'm from the Eastern Panhandle area of WV, about 70 miles west of DC. Took the wife to her first con last year at Awesome Con, and she has become a fangirl herself.

Hello all, fantastic site, I'm in the process of making a Dark Link costume, you guys seem like a great community, helpful and kind, was looking for tips/suggestions for chainmail, do I try and make it or can i buy small amounts somewhere?? This is the first Legend of Zelda costume I'll have done so input is greatly appreciated, looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Hello!

I go by Ardeliah and I have only found this site today. I was perusing a cosplay group on facebook and one of the other members posted a link to here. I enjoy making my cosplays, though I feel that the ones I have seen here make mine look like toddler creations. At least I can see mine improving with each one I make. The Skeksis I'm currently working on being my most ambitious project yet.

I can't wait to dive into the forums, share and get tips/ideas and generally share in the costume making fun.

Hello all. Long time lurker here. I have been "visiting" for the past year or more, but just decided to join. I am amazed by the many skills and talent members here have. I'm hoping to continue watching and learning, and maybe build a few kewl things along the way.

Chip! Hazard! Reporting for duty Sir!

Hello to all! Super happy to be apart of this forum and feel honored to be apart of this community of talented artists. I'm defiantly new to all this but I have been a fan since before I can remember. Iv always had a big imagination for creativity but more than anything, I just love movies. For being new to the game, I defiantly have a sizeable collection of memorabilia, figures and literature. I'm a fan of so many movies but some of my favorites growing up were Star Wars, Terminator, Back to the Future and Starship Troopers ! I hope one day to be in the Industry in some capacity, but until then im happy to be a fan of cinema.

Im trying to take it to the next step and truly embrace a cosplay character and start collecting high end movie memorabilia. Im learning as I go but I hope to find some mentors throughout this community to guide me along the way.

In advance, Thanks.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back