Hi all!
Came across this site due to Adam Savage talking about the prop/costume making community and it sounded quite interesting...might even try to get a costume made (Guardians of the Galaxy Nova corps to be specific) Looking forward to all the amazing builds from the creatives here.
Cheers!

Hello!
I’m J.C. from Bolivia in south America. After several months looking at tutorials and photos of amazing props I just decided I would give it a try. I really liked old books and occult artifacts (big fan of lovecraft) so I decided to start with the tipical Cthulhu idol:
http://elderprops.tumblr.com/post/89686233332/cthulhu-idol-extra-colors
Then I went for bookbinding and started with the Evil Dead 2013 Necronomicon.
http://elderprops.tumblr.com/post/89690267187/necronomicon-evil-dead-2013-part-4-finito
I’ve heard of the RPF via tested.com and Adam Savage (like many many others) and it looked like the best place on earth to look for information and tips on building things, and so, here I am, exited to be part of the community.

I'm here to buy i'm looking for anything for batman arkham stuff now? I have a war machine from The masked rider always looking for ways to upgrade it with gadgets?

Hi I am new have never attempted anything before but am pretty handy. Looking to build a Han Solo in Carbonite and need to hook up with anyone who can run 'Han' from their moulds for me, and post to the UK.

Howdy All,

Thank you for entrance into this outstanding group. I will probably be one of the older members in the group. I am a retired Army Officer and a firearms dealer for the last 30 years. I have for the last 10 odd years have also been designing, modifying and building Firearms, Body Armor, Combat Helmets and Tomahawks. I have been involved with SWTOR since the beta and a devout follower of Star Wars since the 70s, now I decided to use my real world building and designing into the Prop building arena.

Thanks again for the add!!

Kevin
SWTOR (Hybrid_Death)

Hi all, been admiring the work on here for a year and wanted to share some of my projects. Mainly from 2000ad and the world of Judge Dredd. Currently working on A Rogue trooper helmet and gun along with a Strontium Dog build.

Hi, my name's Anthony. I have been leather working for over 10 years now and have recently branched out into other forms of costume construction. My research online always seems to lead back to the RPF so I decided to finally join.

Hey Everyone! I'm new to the costume scene, and came across this website tonight. I absolutely love Marvel costumes and look forward to learning from you all. Oh and my name is Jay

Hi all!
my name is Aldo from Indonesia. Actually this is like my third time here, since I mostly just stalk on the background, and never post any of my work, and as a result my account keep getting deleted... :D But starting now I would like to share some of my build with you guys...

Hi I've been viewing this site for some time now and have finally decided to join :3 Soooo hey!

Hello!
I'm Sam, good friends of mine who are already members to the forum recommended I join following my interest in prop and costume replica building.

I'm currently working up a Han Solo ESB blaster and looking for the belt, Toddscostumes' version seems well recommended but I'm hoping there could be a seller in the UK if anyone knows of one ?

Greatly admiring the work and the knowledge shared here. I look forward to sharing my own sometime soon

Cheers!
Sam

Hey every one, came across this site on my quest to start my back 2 the future collection.very informative and I hope to gain alot of knowledge from people with my same interest.glad theres a place for it,
Ric

Hello!

I'm Mike, and I'm a leather worker. I've actually eyed this site for a while, and until now I haven't really been able to contribute. But my leather working has brought me here, and I'm really eager to see how other people go about making their replicas or props with the material. Happy to be here!

Hi! I'm ItsyBitsySpider (Kevin). I have no previous work in Props or Costume-making, so its safe to say that I'm a 'Newbie'. I found this Forum while browsing for cool cosplay and costume ideas a little while ago, though I decided to ignore it. I then came back to this site two months ago and took a look and completely forgot about it. But then, there's this thing with me, where, if I want to find something, I can't, and when I don't I find it. Yeah. I've been searching for this site again for about a week or two, on and off. And now that I've finally found it again. I decided, "Why not Register?". I'm really interested in Costume and Prop making and I'd like to start myself. So, as my first project, I'm gonna start off by doing a TASM 2 Suit, which shouldn't be too hard. Oh, and I live in Shanghai, China. Which may be of some inconvenience when I'm looking for things like Tulips Puff Paint. :/ I'm hopeful that my TASM 2 Suit will turn out well, and if it does, I would love to continue down this path of Costume and Prop creation.

See you all around!
ItsyBitsySpider

Hey guys and gals, my name is Rob. I am pretty new to this site, and prop building in general. I have downloaded thousands of pep files, most of which I still have yet to go thru. I started becoming interested in pep after my son said he wanted a power ranger helmet. Well, since I was a huge power ranger fan back when I was a kid I figured Id take a look online for a helmet. Seeing how much they go for I thought there must be a cheaper way. Then found Pepakura. I currently am working on a white ranger helmet. I actually am working on the one by EyeofSauron. Has anyone actually finished a EOS white ranger build? Seems like I cant find one from start to finish, just one that got abandoned and they started using the PropZone version. I recently purchased the PZ version so I have both. Any way. Future builds I want to do the Green Ranger, Pink Ranger, Iron Man, Captain America, Ultraman and Kamen Rider.

Any advice to a noob is greatly appreciated :)

Hey everyone!

so im new to the cosplay/prop making scene. I thought i'd get on a forum and see if i can make some new friends, hints and tips etc.

I have an interest in everything,

I have a few up and coming interest. A one that im currently working on is the ghost from destiny, all electronic etc.
Also a Star Lord set up,
Destiny armour
Also things for LARPS etc.

Hi. I'm here principally because I am hoping to find someone that does exceptional custom sonics for commission.

As an aside, I am slightly irritated that I cannot use my normal nym Daijizai as apparently the letters J, I, and Z in that sequence are banned in usernames. o_O There is no way the clientèle here is so juvenile that you have had to resort to such ineffectual pattern matching, is there?

Heya! My name's Matt and and I (rather obviously, you'll see in a moment) love making armour. I'm big on Warhammer and other wargames, as well as lots of historical stuff, so my main influences for costumes come from there - though nowadays I'm branching out to do costumes that I've always wanted, such as an Imperial Stormtrooper and Gimli, son of Gloin.

Here are some things what I have done

3EUUNHP.jpg10522431_10152187197257407_5398251601280041271_n.jpg10351324_469390293197685_3020531320293744547_n.jpg10174837_677209932326154_690624194_n.jpg1619139_10153881166920228_135662422_n.jpg1496496_10153590637600165_13734361_o.jpg1395867_10200693825059187_860438547_n.jpg1234640_505093779575310_738934301_n.jpg557726_10150683405094092_184629713_n.jpg10599288_481443965325651_3196757822516719012_n.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back