Re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hi all,
I'm Rick from the UK. I've been a reader on here for years as this is pretty much the best place to get prop info from but seeing as I now have a small project on the go and need some advice I decided it was finally time to sign up.

Hi I have always been looking for a good place to start and this has been the helpful place so far! I have built only paper models so far but am looking forward to building my first foam armor build!

hi! im very new here i literally just finished my registration. Im looking to make an amazing spider 2 movie replica costume for Halloween, and i want to all out. maybe even deadpool i havent quite decided yet. i found this website while looking to buy a spider man suit online.
ive made some small time props like a casey jones mask from tmnt. 209.JPG i forget what the material is called but was like a foam plastic and i used a power heater to bend and mold it.

Thanks for accepting my membership

I've been building models since I was a kid, 40+ years, taught by my dad, who was an engineer and who helped me conceptualize my early scratchbuilding attempts.

As I kid I made a TOS Phaser 1 from basswood, using found or scratched parts. It came out pretty well aside from the emitter thing on the front being a circle instead of a square :) I also of course built the AMT trek props set, inaccurate that it was. Later I took my best shot at making a gun from the Invaders TV show. Because there was no reference material then, and no VCRs, my model was totally inaccurate, but it was a fun build.

Nowadays I build resin and plastic models, but got drawn back into replica props after finding my old 1970's The Making of Star Trek and Star Trek Technical Manual books. Unlike apparently most RPFers, I'm something of a cheapskate when it comes to buying kits. So my existing props are things like the Diamond Select toys. I do have a John Long phaser kit which I will eventually tackle. Maybe someday I'll build a The Cage prop as well since I have access to a lathe and don't like what the available toys look like.

It's nice to be here.

Robert

Hey, I'm Ian from NJ I go to Rutgers university ... Im into Larp, and Cosplay... comp -sci+ pre Med major.... I do research for a chem professor as well...

My reason for joining is that I am working on a starcraft ghost costume and saw some good ideas here.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

hello to the world. i read and like your so various works from about one year. i'm from europe / france. real good inspiration & feelings here about numerous things. my first quest was about "buckaroo banzai", my favorite #1 movie and franchise so far away.... but some other things interested me since from good old memories :). will continue to read and talk a bit about my weird projects ;)

I'm not big on hello's but my name is steve, and i currently make movie props from toy guns, and i make short films on youtube......and thats it really

Greetings, all! Uber-noober here. I enjoy a variety of movies, video games and anime. I've been interested in cosplay since high school, and discovered your forums while doing some research on different construction methods for costumes and props. I'm currently working on my first costume that uses pepakura (thanks to many helpful threads here and on the 405th) and my first ever prop gun! I'm taking lots of in-progress pics and will hopefully have something decent to share with you all soon. :) Many thanks to all the members here that share their experience and techniques - this forum has been very helpful and motivated me to try several materials I'd never worked with before.

Hello All,
I am a huge fan of making props. I mainly build lightsabers and Boba Fett stuff but love all sci-fi props. I am always looking to learn stuff from anyone willing to teach. Cant wait to see what you all have to offer.

hi,
loose bolts. garage hermit and tinkerer. Blade runner addict and collector of odd things that dont fit any where else.
my projects are star wars or blade runner based usually. i am a fan of Neuromancer and wish to get into making cyber punk replicas.
glad to be here!

Hello, all!

I've been lurking for a long time, admiring the great costumes and marveling at tremendous effort that goes into it. I've put together simple costumes, but until recently was too shy to ever break them out of my suitcase at cons! (I made the Veridian Dynamics lab coats and IDs from "Better Off Ted", for instance.)

This year I finally found a buddy to cosplay with and we hit Dragoncon in costume for the first time (after attending for years and years and longing to participate more fully). We did the ASBOs of BBC's "Misfits" and the obscure but beloved "Middleman" from ABC Family. We enjoyed the experience so much that it now seems unimaginable to go to a con and NOT cosplay.

I'm researching on creating the drift pilot armor from "Pacific Rim" and working on a World of Warcraft-based costume. I've pulled together the basics of a River Song outfit and pondering my own feminine take of The Doctor.

Jamey

Hello My Name is Ken and recently got into cosplay, im attending my first comic con next month and im really excited!

So introductions. My name is Michael or Mikaru as my grandmother would pronounce it. I go by Spacebat on the forums in memory of that brave little mammalia that was launched into space on shuttle discovery, March 15th.

I am a programmer, Web designer and robotics hobbyist as well as a student of Computer Science. I've been involved in other endeavors but to save myself the embarassment I'll leave those out; Lets just say latex, music and makeup were often involved. I am fascinated with the process of making and I look forward to any opportunity to learn something new. I joined theRPF because I thought what better community to join if I want to learn new things? :D

Hi all, I'm here to learn as well! I have bungled my way through a couple costumes already:
Clara from The Guild
nerume2y.jpg

And an Anubis Jaffa from Stargate
y5e5a2u2.jpg

Had a great deal of fun making them both and am eager to make something new over the winter for next year!

My husband and I attend Edmonton and Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expos every year we can, have hit the Star Trek Con in Las Vegas once, and hope to go to FanExpo in Toronto soon.

Hello everyone!

New to the site and all I can say is wow! Lots of exploring to do in this forum. My wife is gonna hate this site. :)

Hi, I found this forum while looking for a Spider-Man costume for Halloween. I've always been interested in cosplay and movie props, but I'm still in High School, so I can't exactly afford most of the stuff I'd like to get (or make). This seems like a really cool community, and I've seen some truly amazing stuff around these different threads, so I'm looking forward to seeing more awesome stuff and maybe learn a few things!

I have been registered on this site for just over a year now. I mostly read a lot of the threads, so this will actually be my first post. I can say, however, that I have spent countless hours researching different threads on things that I want to learn to make myself or just getting some ideas and expanding my knowledge of prop making. This place has so much to give if you are wanting to learn to make your own props/costumes or just wanting to see some amazing work done by others. I have recently been motivated to get my post count up and this is seems like the best place to start.

Hi Guys,

I'm new here, so thought i'd introduce myself. I enjoy costume and model making and am always looking for new ideas and ways of creating. I try as soften as I can to make my costumes and models from scratch and I've never used pepakura or foam, so would be interested to give that a go.

Simon

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back