Re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

hi there,

my name is tom from germany. i have been lurking around therpf for quite some time. at the beginning i was just impressed...slowly this was add by a feeling of curiosity. i guess it is like watching too many cooking shows, at some point you just want to try it yourself, so i ordered a lot of stuff and slowly, very slowly, i am trying things myself. at frist mostly stuff that you can buy on the internet and so i started with an mfp (mad max) outfit. all the pages here really helped a lot.

IMG_3433.JPG

at the moment i am working on a colonel stars and stripes and i am very grateful to fly4v for his thread about that outfit.

Attachments

• IMG_3431.jpg
    IMG_3431.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 57

Hey there.
Just found this forum a little while ago and started checking it out.
Always been into making all kinds of things and have just started more seriously getting into props and costumes, especially from video games.
Don't have as big a workshop or arsenal of tools as most propmakers out there so I end up using whatever materials I can find and work with hand tools.
Have a few smallish props made from cardboard and found stuff but recently started playing with resin and 3D printed parts which is awesome.
Not as interested in making things perfect and "screen accurate" than creating items for cosplay or just for the heck of it. Definitely more into video game items than movie props. Something satisfying about working from screenshots and low-poly in-game models and building and filling in the details to end up with a tangible physical object. I also carve wood and stone Cthulhu figures when not working on other projects.

My first cosplay was a Marauder from Borderlands 2. It was thrown together in less than a week and wasn't very good, but I built my first prop gun (triple barrel shotgun) out of cardboard and stuff and it actually looked pretty good considering how fast/what it was made out of.
Currently working on a few new props from Borderlands for a much less last-minute cosplay. Got the makings of a shield and grenade right now. My first projects with LED lighting, too.
Looking forward to sharing progress here!

- Dreggs the Apathetic

Hello from las vegas, been a spectator of your wonderful forum for awhile and now its time to join.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hey, everyone!

My name is Jon, and I actually joined last year, but I was busy with moving to Japan for work and getting settled that it's been a while since I posted here!

I'm really into sci-fi and comics, and I'm currently looking for one of you very talented people who I can commission to make a realistic and wearable green lantern (or green lantern variant) ring for me!

If anyone has any suggestions/info/advice, please PM me!

And if anyone needs or wants anything from Japan, please let me know! Lots of cool stuff here around Tokyo.

Keep up the great work, y'all!!

Hi guys, I'm a custom painter from jersey, UK. Russ, hence the name Rustygrafix. I'm soooo into iron man and after building and painting some armour for futuristic Airsoft games, I'm going for the big one :). Gonna build the mk6 to start with. Question, I can find a thread or info on what to use for connecting the fingers on the gauntlets and other parts like the forearm to cover up the under suit?? Please direct me to a thread if there is one. Absolutely love this site, info is second to none, u guys are awsome for sharing this. Respect :)

Hi guys,
my name is Rauno and I started making cosplays last year. Currently I am working on my N7 armor (EVA foam), an eagle heavy pistol and a breather helmet from Mass Effect 2. My first project which is now complete is Axton from Borderlands 2. Feel free to visit my tumblr and my gallery on deviantart where I posted some pictures of my work. I also started LARPing right around the time I started cosplaying.

Hey there, and good day to you, RPF! Call me Fossil, or Ronnie.

Longtime artist, cartoonist, animator, and prop/costume maker here, and an active member of the Ghostbusters fan/charity group community, wanting to shake it up some. Here's my profile page over there. I prefer scratchbuilding as much as possible to purchasing premade stuff, when it comes to proton pack making, and I've made quite a few.

I've heard about this place for a while now, and just recently registered. I will soon be involved in making more costumes and props, all with my own little spin. I've got ideas for Tron/Tron Legacy-inspired costumes, a custom Grimlock costume, and a lot of general classy/monstrous fantasy stuff. I've also just been recently commissioned to make an m56 Smartgun and harness from Aliens, so I'll probably make a thread about that when it starts.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello!

Hi all,

I found the rpf browsing Harry Potter prop vids. I've taken up a very recent interest in sewing so combined with my love for Costuming and my various unrelated fandoms, I figured this would be an amazing place to see the work others are doing and showcase my future work.

My first major undertaking will be the vest/waistcoat of the Masked bandit from Tarsem Singh's film 'The fall'.

Eiko Ishioka is my costuming goddess so it is only fitting that my first effort be inspired by her artistry.

Hi all,

I found this site through a friend and wish to build many costumes! My first tackle is Iron Man's War Machine! :) I've only been on here a few days and already have some ideas on how to build it!

Hmmm.. I'm not new.. but it seems I don't have enough posts to have restrictions lifted.

But that'll change soon :)

Hi, I recently found out about this site while doing research for my first serious prop build, a DL-44 Greedo Killer (I'll put a build log up when I start to have something worth showing). I've made little things from movies and such since I was a kid, but only quite recently got more serious about it. It's a little addicting, so I'm going to have to keep building things. No idea what I'll do after the Greedo Killer though, maybe a holster and belt for it. Anyway, pleased to meet all of you.

I'm new and have been interested in prop building for some time. Until recently the interest has been more in watching what other people do, but now I'm looking to build something myself. So many ideas just from looking at the site that my list has grown to over a page already with no sign of stopping.

hey all. i've already posted a few times but figured i should introduce myself here, haha.
i don't know much about prop building--i'm an illustrator, myself. however, i'm a very big movie nerd, specifically monster movies and 80s movies, and it would be an absolute dream to have a huge collection of props and such.

i found the RPF when i stumbled upon a repaint of a NECA gremlin puppet! it's been very fun looking at everyone's builds so far.

Hi all, I've stumbled upon this forum many times due to being an admirer of cosplay and replicas. Decided I should finally join up. I haven't made anything in a long time but that will all change soon hopefully with Halloween coming up. I plan on being the Red Hood. And this site has given me lots of inspiration for that and future projects!

A couple other projects I have planned out are The Rebellion Sword from Devil May Cry and the Oblivion Keyblade from Kingdom hearts.

Hello everyone, im just a simple guy that loves everything that deals with art especially drawing, but when is started to look into Halo and saw all the magnificent builds of costumes i was blown away. It was there an then that i wanted to be a part of something big and thats why im here to try to take on a big challenge for me for i have no skills in building anything, but with the help of all off you geniuses i know that i can accomplish anything, hello again and hope hope to hear some helpfull tips from yall thanx!!!

Greetings fellow earth dwellers, i found this site from youtube videos saying they got great tips and ideas for costume building, though i have experience building rather random things i have never tried to make a costume and figured why not give it a try i have always wanted to but never had the tools or confidence to try it , for now im just researching what would be a good costume to start with.

Hi guys and gals,

My name is Wayne and I'm from the UK. I have been snooping around this forum for some time now before I finally decided to take the plunge in to Pepping!!! My first attempt has been TDK Cowl with some, but not much, success!!! I'm into all things sci-fi especially Red Dwarf and Comic book stuff.

Ill be looking more for helmets and head pieces to make, for display more than anything, any tips are more than welcome.

Hello RPF members,

I'm Brian Mead from Griffin, Georgia. My wife (Robin) and I have recently joined the RPF. We did 20 or so years of reeancting and living history: 1850's, Civil War, WW1, WW2, Korea, and Vietnam. Three years ago we got into Steampunk using some of our Civil War clothing, etc. It was a good gateway drug to costuming. ;) Two years ago we were looking to kick our costuming up a notch. We thought of doing Steampunk Gears of War, but then decided that if were were going to do it, we'd do it right! Dragon Con 2012 was our first year doing a "big" build for the con, and our first time working with EVA foam. We did Marcus Fenix & Anya Stroud from Gears of War 3. 20130303-_MG_5084-Edit-2.jpg

For Dragon Con 2013, we stayed with Gears of War and EVA foam for our Garron Paduk from Gears of War: Judgment and Bernie Mataki from Gears of War 3.
firstperson_shooter.jpg

Many of our costuming friends are RPF members, and we finally bit the bullet & decided to join this amazing group of artists.

You can find our costume builds on Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HardscrabbleFarm

I'm looking forward to learning from the community and sharing my knowledge when I can.

Brian

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back