Re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Guess I'll make it fairly short since it appears that these don't get read too often, let alone replied to. But it is always customary to post to the new members thread in a forum that you have joined, guess I'm not one to break tradition ;-)

I have dabbled in prop reproduction since the early 90's starting with a few boxes that I made from the Hellraiser movies. Now I only tend to tackle a project when it is something that catches my interest, I really want a specimen for my shelf, and its generally not available.

After finishing this up, I'll most likely post some examples of the recent work that I have done.

Looks like a fun forum, I look forward to exploring it.

Hi
Been visiting this site for a while but this is my first post.
Awesome forum!
Hope to learn a lot.

Hello all

I've been into the zombie scene for a few years and want to move on to something else (Mostly cause the fiancee doesn't like me all bloody and gory lol), and lately I've been obsessed with Iron Man, so I am set out to make an Iron Man Helmet to start with, and see where it goes from there. I am a beginner to all methods on here and I am glad there is a place like this where I can get a start!

Thanks all!

Bonjour!!
i'm from Ontario, Canada and have fairly recently gotten into cosplay and prop making. my tastes range from good old fashion horror make up to props/accessories/full costumes from video games and movies. i'm super excited to have found the RPF through some youtube tutorials from my last costume (the Rocketeer) and hope it'll aide me in becoming a better prop maker :)

Hi everyone.

It is about time I introduce myself, I have been observing the forums long enough!

I live in England, and have been collecting and building replicas for a few years now (mainly things from doctor who).
A few months ago I decided to start expanding my collection to movie props, I am specifically interested in Blade Runner props.

I hope to get more involved with the community and learn from you all,

Dan.

Hello all!
I found this website when I was researching for my senior project, and now that I reeaallly need to get to work on it, I've registered.
I am a senior in high school, as senior project implies, and my senior project is creating a Weeping Angel cosplay. I found a thread on here that gave a pretty detailed explanation of how to make such a costume, and now I'm back, and registered, so I can get more advice and such.
I decided I want to go into the filmmaking industry, and am in the advanced theatre class at my school. So now I've got two reasons for making my costume - to graduate, and for the technical part of our drama competition.
-the dalekmaster

Hey everyone. My name is Doug. I'm from the UK. Just wanted to say what a brilliant forum this is, I've seen so much cool stuff. There are a lot of clever costume & prop makers on here, hopefully I'll pick up some tips along the way.
The main reason I signed up was because I was annoyed that every time I saw something awesome I wasn't able to comment or add my support :).

Thanks, Doug

Hey everyone.

I'm here because of The Daft Club. I have no experience with making props, so Im hoping to get some help from here.

Hi all! Long time cosplayer, mostly Indy and Star Wars, but also recently delving into ghostbusters and Blade Runner. Started with jumping into the deep end in 1996 with vacuum forming Stormtrooper armor with my friend (it was his brain child and mostly all his skills), most recently have built a Proton Pack with him, and my wife and I are just finishing up Blade Runner (Deckard's orange and teal shirt and Rachael's gray suit) for tonight at DragonCon. Glad to be here on the RPF and look forward to continuing to learn and advance my skills!

Last edited:

Hey guys!
I've been a lurker here on an off for a couple years. You all are WAY more talented than me! I've only made one prop thus far, IMG_1175.jpg
My pride and joy. I'm fixing to start a Han in Carbonite build, so I'm back out this way. I live in a city apartment, so it's tough to build things at this point, but wow, I am impressed by all the things I see here. It's very inspiring. I don't have a whole lot of time between work and school(working on my MBA) so I don't know if I'll be around all that much, but I look forward to picking the collective brain, as it were.
-SH

Last edited:

Hey everyone! I'm Wendi, a professional photographer from Iowa, admitted Potterhead and love most super heroes. :) I found RPF while searching for inspiration and DIY props for a photo shoot I am planning for my daughter, and wow, I am going to lose a lot of hours of my life to this site!!!

Hey all!

I'm Sarah, been browsing the forum for a while but thought it's time I said hello!

I have a Barriss Offee, Padme, Custom mandalorian and Blue Tonnika Sister costume and currently working on an x-wing.

:)

Hi :) I'm very new to the whole costuming and prop replica thing but I'm hoping to make a Pipboy 3000 that can fit mobile devices and a costume to go with it :)

I am currently a Stormtrooper, but every DragonCon I get inspired and have just never followed through. Getting the itch to do some Marvel and DC comic heroes. The Red Hood is my current inspiration. EyeofSauron, your stuff looks great!

Well time to introduce myself! Hello! I'm Jared, a.k.a Jareddoesstuff! I don't have a collection of props, aside from a Velociraptor Claw I bought at Universal Islands of Adventure. I am a big Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, and especially Iron Man fan. My holy grail of a prop replica would be the Mark 42 Iron Man Armory costume, that is completely accurate. It probably would be very pricey, but it's a dream!

- - - Updated - - -

Iron Man is my favorite too! :D

Hello all!! I am very very new to all of this. I've always been interesting in having replica prop from movies but they were always more then I could afford (and now with a 19 month old and I do Fire/Rescue for a living). I was watching some videos from Tested and watched Adam Savage going through and making things or talking about what he's made. A speech he gave that I found from Maker Faire 2012 got me to thinking. Why not just make the props I want. And I found this site and decided to jump in and learn from everyone here. I am from Virginia and have never made anything...yet.

-Bobby

Hi all!

Total noob here. My name's Eric, and a bunch of friends and I decided to pick up cosplay for the first time. We're fans of a huge variety of things ranging form movies to comics and video games. This year we decided to start up a project we've called the DC project where all 5 of us will make ourselves a costume for a DC character and (hopefully) be done by Fan Expo Canada 2014, and having just watched Under the Red Hood, I'm gonna make one based on Jason Todd. I've got no props to speak of, but everyone has to start somewhere, right?

Hello everyone! I am Nathan and I decided to give it a shot at making a costume with the help of this forum. I had created a master chief costume a couple years back when Halo 3 is the game to play, and times changed and noticed foam was the new ideal material! I am a huge Iron Man fan and hopefully I can get this going smoothy with all the tips!

Greetings and Salutations,

Never got around to doing this before. New-ish member here who stumbled upon the site a few weeks ago through Harry Potter. Very in love with the historical intrigue of the Wizarding World. Also a big Game of Thrones/ASOIAF fan, again the history is amazing. Also have a big interest in Joss Whedon's Firefly and it's universe, pirates, ASOIAF pirates, and steampunk/cyberpunk airships and rogues. Doctor Who also has a big place in my heart and I recently acquired what can be considered the complete episode collection including the First Doctor.

Very happy to be a member here among all you talented folks.

Hello everyone!

A new member here. I'm James, I live in Medan, Indonesia. I came across this website while searching for Halo and Fallout props. I am a HUGE fan of video games, especially Fallout and Skyrim, really great games by Bethesda. I am really interested in prop making and am also looking forward to learning a lot from you guys.

Cheers

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back