New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! (Jan. '09)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here!...

Hi another female collector here from the UK - East London to be exact

Have a few Sideshow bits including PF 1/4 Vader, Grievous and Hellboy - Hellboy II on way. Also a couple of bits from HCG the Korben Dallas blaster and a few bobbleheads.

Favourite stuff includes Star Trek, Star Wars, Fifth Element and Hellboy I & II but also into SG1, Bones and CSI in a big way.

Am absolutely flabergasted at the expertise and wonderful items being conceived and made by the folks on here and feel my worthy contriburions may be few and far between but hopefully will be in the market for some bits and so add some value that way.

Would love to do more model making as I have a SpatCave kit and a Fifth Element Multipass kit sitting at home waiting for me to get my backside in gear!

Welcome to all of you new folks. Seems like a lot of UKers in here now.:p

Oh, leave your wallets at the door.

Halloo!
I have been a lurker here for many years and have just worked up the antimatter to join this merry band.
My main interests are Star Trek (mainly TOS) and Tolkien, but I am a general sci-fi/fantasy fanatic.
A decent costumer, with the help of my darling wife, I could probably do anything, clothing-wise.
It is my hope that I can find something to contribute to the group.

Last edited:

Hi guys,

I'm a collector for 20 years+ now, mostly kits, SciFi RealSpace and Aircraft.

It feels like it must be a thousand now but I never do find the time to build
my favorites and most importand also to finish them.

But now it is time to create somthing new.

There is definitly a fullsize Vader costume missing in my Collection.

Hello.
Here is a new member from Germany :D
I am a great Indiana Jones / Terminator / Star Wars Fan

Here is a short preview of my collection

IMG_7257.jpg
IMG_7249.jpg

IMG_7359.jpg
IMG_7374.jpg

IMG_6820.jpg
IMG_6854.jpg

IMG_7079.jpg
IMG_7091.jpg

Hi AGxM, great avatar! Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the Forum ALL new members!

---Chuck

Hi another female collector here from the UK - East London to be exact

Have a few Sideshow bits including PF 1/4 Vader, Grievous and Hellboy - Hellboy II on way. Also a couple of bits from HCG the Korben Dallas blaster and a few bobbleheads.

Favourite stuff includes Star Trek, Star Wars, Fifth Element and Hellboy I & II but also into SG1, Bones and CSI in a big way.

Am absolutely flabergasted at the expertise and wonderful items being conceived and made by the folks on here and feel my worthy contriburions may be few and far between but hopefully will be in the market for some bits and so add some value that way.

Would love to do more model making as I have a SpatCave kit and a Fifth Element Multipass kit sitting at home waiting for me to get my backside in gear!

WOOT i have been lurking this board for almost 4 years now. I always seemed to miss the registration.

Anyway im a 501 member love most scifi and comic stuff. I collected toys for along time but now have a daughter so im thinning that stuff out and focusing on costumes and props. My wife has a nice ANH Leia costume and we are working on a costume for the little one.

I was born on the island of Bermuda hence the "BDA"

cheers
TK7503

Hello all,

Glad to be a member here. Im really new as far as creating props go. I got started with some Indy props and I'm a member over at COW as IdahoJones. I also used Bullwhipcrackers tutorial to make me a nice black and red whip, he posted a pic in that thread. Im also working on an Iron Man face plate. I've created that using a pep file and spackle to work out the shape. Next step is to go to my brother in-laws metal shop and reproduce it in metal. I hope to get him to cut me out some BB Batarangs on his C&C plasma table. I also have a Firefly prop project in the works also. So much to do so little time:)

Here's what I've made so far (I carved the grail in wood without a lathe.)
GrailandStone.jpg

Wince33

I made it! Thanks to SgtFang for the heads up on registration.

I recognize some names from the other forums but for those that dont know me- My name is Mel. I am a long time costumer, makeup/ fx artist and I love airbrushing. I have slowed down a bit on the costuming the last couple years but I am at the beginning of another Klingon uniform (yep I am a Trek Geek).

Anyway.. nice to be here.... finally :)

~Mel

Hello to all from the Chicagoland area. I have lurked here off an on for the last few years, and kept missing registration. So I am finally happy to be part of the group. My interests at this point focus around NuBSG, Firefly, and Star Wars. I don't have much of a collection at this point, but it is growing.

-Adam

Hi Peeps,
Im Regan, Im from the UK, and have been a very big Rambo, especially First Blood fan for the last 25 years.
In fact, I eat, drink, and sleep First Blood....I think I need to get out more LOL

:):)Hi Everybody

My name is Vis.I live in Nottingham but I am originaly South African.I love movies and comics/Graphic novels.

I collect Props ,autographs ,Rare graphic Novels,Dvd's/Blu ray, scale models,Books etc.

I have been browzing this forum since I heared about it from Paul [Polsnulsace] .

I am sooooooooo glad to finaly get a chance to become a member.;):):thumbsup.

I tend to like the James Bond , Star Wars , Kill Bill,Terminator,LOTR's,Star Trek ,Hellboy amongst others.

Graphic Novels wise I am a huge Fan of Watchmen,Sandman[Neil Gaiman], Batman,Alex Ross ,Alan Moore,Dave Simm,Mike Mignola and Frank Miller.

Like I said before Sooooooooooooooo glad to finaly be a member.

Hi everyone, my name is Vivek. I am 27 yrs old and from India. I got familiar with this forum about a year ago, when I was searching for BTTF prop replicas. The skills and dedication by the members here in building prop replicas and costumes is quite phenomenal.

I currently don't have any prop replicas. But with the wealth of information on this forum; I hope to get some of the replicas done, including couple of costumes I have always longed for.

Hello guys, been looking at the forum for ages and i've just been waiting to register since my old account was removed in the renewal of the forum this summer, where all the 0 posters were removed. I'm so happy to be back and this time i'm going to post :lol

I'm from Sweden and mainly focuses on 1:1 replicas (mainly busts) from movies like Batman,Aliens,SW and Lord Of the Rings but the main focus is Batman at the moment.

I'm hoping to be able to show off the collection in the near time.

Happy to be here

Hello guys, been looking at the forum for ages and i've just been waiting to register since my old account was removed in the renewal of the forum this summer, where all the 0 posters were removed. I'm so happy to be back and this time i'm going to post :lol

I'm from Sweden and mainly focuses on 1:1 replicas (mainly busts) from movies like Batman,Aliens,SW and Lord Of the Rings but the main focus is Batman at the moment.

I'm hoping to be able to show off the collection in the near time.

Happy to be here
How in the hell was your name not taken already?:lol

How in the hell was your name not taken already?:lol

Hehe well i'm using this at another replica forum and wanted to use this here too. I've was also kinda chocked when i discovered it wasn't already taken so i guess it's just to be happy :lol

Hello people.... it's good to be onboard..... didn't have to wait long for access for that i'm really grateful...... i'm a member of the UKGarrison TK2168 board name midian.......... and if you haven't guessed i like to tinker with movie accurate props to accompany my costumes..... at present i've built 2 E11 blasters, one metal with a resin scope but this was too heavy to troop in and on my 2nd event had the scope smashed off it in an unfortunate accident... the 2nd E11 is plastic, lightweight with no moving parts ideal for troopin with...... but now i've set my sights on building a wookie costume for which i'll need to build a bowcaster from scratch, hence i joined probably the best place in town for advice and assistance.... it's going to be a long and arduous journey but with a little help maybe not so painful.... look forward to conversing in the future all the best.... Guy.

Hi, everybody.

I am 36 and from the Chicagoland area.
I am fairly new to the prop world. I have a few Halo props but thats about it. I learned about this site on the 405th Halo site. I go buy the same name there. My avatar is my own fan made prop of the Brute Spiker. I can wait to try my hand at some movie props next, I never realized how many different props people are making. I look forward to sharing with you guys and gals as well as learning from you.

Hello! I've been a lurker for a while and found the site on the advice of a SW obsessed friend. I've been doing scale models for years and branched into making life size stuff for costumes when Halloween comes around, mainly horror movie props. Hoping to start heading to a few conventions because dress-up is fun for all ages! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back