New Doctor Who Series Discussion *Spoilers*

Sound mix was very off, especially on the scene where the Doctor is talking to the Dalek on his viewscreen. Not sure on the new design, The bases are very thick and the bulky middle section makes the head dome look too small.

On a story note: Why doesn't Amy remember the Daleks???

Well first up, nice job on the posters others have done, they look great.
Liked the new look for the daleks, and the episode was good, i agree on the sound mix though.
Ending seemed a bit corny though, but then its allways had its corny moments

I'm not sure about the new Daleks yet. I still favour the RTD Daleks.

Is it to obvious to assume that they have something to do with the cracks? (And are we going to see those cracks in EVERY episode?)

The overall shape of the previous Daleks was nicer, but I agree with the reasoning given in the Confidential that they needed to be taller because the assistant is taller. So where the eye-stalk was previously eye-height to Billie Piper it's now eye-height to Karen Gillan. Presumably this means we'll be seeing them again and this time in the same room as Amy.

I like the new Daleks, they have a definite sixties vibe going, a kind of return to the roots redesign.

I do agree that they are being over-used. They should be used sparingly to maximise their effect.

Thought the eisode was a little 'meh' to be honest. Rushed again, and the whole 'we are POSITIVELEY the last Daleks left, fell through a time hole' story has got very old. And Blitz London again?

Something isn't clicking with me so far, first ep aside. Smith seemed to really own the role in the premier, but he doesn't seem to have done much in the last two.

RTD got a lot of crap for his scripts, but he really put a lot of detail into the whole who-niverse and the development of relationships between the characters, that I'm not seeing here.

It's like the Doctor and Amy have known each other 5 years rather than a few days.

Loved the Jammy Dodger, though.

The crack in the wall thing is so 'in your face' it's kinda annoying. It's all seeming a bit saturday morning cartoony to me.

I hope Moffat gets back on form next week with the return of River and the Weeping Angels.

.... I hate the look of the new Daleks, absolutely terrible in my opinion. :thumbsdown

That classic design has been made to look like an ugly, character-less new car. The only thing interesting about them was the colour schemes, it would have been pretty cool to see that before now.

The kharki coloured war Daleks were great though and to hear a Dalek offering to make a cup of tea was hilarious! I really liked the the Spitfires in space too, that felt quite 'Star Wars' - in fact there's been a couple of Star Wars moments over the last two episodes!

Birdie I agree, I loved the jammy Dodger as well, I thought it looked like one when the Doc first held it up!

Just finished airing in the states.

Gotta say....loved it!! :)

The only things I could even somewhat say I wasn't a fan of is that a couple of the jokes seemed a bit much and I'm not a big fan of the new logo. Other than that, i thought it was great.

I like the explanation of the new tardis and how he chose the new wardrobe and everything. Seems like a perfectly seemless transition!

"I'm the Doctor. Basically, Run!"

I really liked Victory, and im excited not only to see how the events within it will effect the future, but how the eventual series arc will have an effect on it.

I liked Victory well enough. Hurray for a non-Moffat episode. Unfortunately, we're diving right back in next week. I miss RTD.

cause it hadn't happened yet?

mind you, this is only a possibility (could also be a production error) but the badge says it was issued in 1990 and presumably, Rory and Amy are roughly the same age.

Vehicles in that episode were newer than 1990. I really hope they don't try to go down that path.

So were the phones and computers. Moffat said in an interview that the date was a mistake, but he's almost definitely lying to cover up a plot twist later in the show. A mistake like that CAN'T be made, trust me. It's too big.

I really they start slowing down the pacing. This was another rushed episode that could have explored so much more. Amy Pond is turning out to be more than awesome.

It was good. I'd rank is 3rd out of 3. Just putting Daleks onscreen doesn't automatically convey emotion. The new daleks are definitely clunky looking. Re: pace - I'm not sure what people expect. I gave up wanting a slower pace in the christopher eccleston days. It's a 42min show in which you typically have set up, peril, and resolution. That's just the way it is now. Genesis of the Daleks was 3 hours long! I know everyone on the RPF would probably love that now...but most people out there can't handle that pace. unfortunately.

I question the doc leaving a bomb capable of destroying the planet (deactivated or not) walking around.

But i wouldn't call the episode a clunker so I'll say....3 for 3.

When I knew the episode was coming up I expected it to be a two parter and was a little miffed that it would be too long. Then the episode came out as a single and I now feel it was too short and felt rushed.

Argggh....

I'm keen to give the regenerated Daleks a chance. So far I'm digging the retro feel of things.

I just thought the inside of the Dalek ship looked a little sparse and pathetic. Nothing too much "spaceship" about it. Of course it could have been inside a brewery.

-Gary

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back