New BMF coming

Well I hope two of the turrets will fit inside of the falcon since I just ordered 2 of them lol. as for crisper detail; imho I believe the printed items will wil out over resin.
More or less, I've calculated that yes, the two turret well will fit inside the Falcon. In the turret well zone the Hasbro has 97 mm room, and each turret well is 44 mm tall. No problem.

I appreciate so much your support guys!!

I'm happy with the 5ft cone, after all this Falcon is a compromise of both major Falcons so this doesn't bother me in the least.

But to compare the two different cones see this image posted by Tek2graphics on page 17, post #405, of this thread showing the Hasbro Falcon compared to the MR Falcon.

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=398235&d=1414802591&thumb=1

Okay, Longer cone obviously the way to go. Thanks so much for posting this.

0021.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Tom.

You can use the turret well on both parts, up and down. I think that the total height will be enough to fit two of them inside the Falcon.

The cleaner details will be for the 3D printed parts. Expensive but with sharper details. The resin kit for sure will include the turret well, but you will have to drill the 50 holes for lighting...

Many thanks for your support!!!

Thanks so much for the response and building these. I hope you are going to make lots of money off us.

Speaking of which. Spacebob is killing himself taking out the recessed areas and extending the walls. This is really hard as he has to carefully take them out, then take the original wall off, clean up and put on a new wall. :( :(

Would you be able to make all the recessed sections but with the wider wall area so there is the proper overhang??????????

Then we can just take out the original with a dremel no problem. An hours work tops.

Don't mistake Tony's cockpit cone's as being 32in accurate. They are still the same shape as what is on the Hasbro Falcon and it is only longer at the REAR by 5mm to compensate for the short tube leading to the cockpit.

Okay, Longer cone obviously the way to go. Thanks so much for posting this.

Thanks so much for the response and building these. I hope you are going to make lots of money off us.

Speaking of which. Spacebob is killing himself taking out the recessed areas and extending the walls. This is really hard as he has to carefully take them out, then take the original wall off, clean up and put on a new wall. :( :(

Would you be able to make all the recessed sections but with the wider wall area so there is the proper overhang??????????

Then we can just take out the original with a dremel no problem. An hours work tops.

Tom.

Really happy to help here! About money, for me this is a hobby. If it comes, is well received, to pay the hoobies. :D

About the recessed walls, yes, I can do them in cheap plastic, White Strong and Flexible, the cheaper material at Shapeways.But we have to eliminate all the surrounding supports, doesn't it? I need to know the dimensions of the extra overhang. 4 mm?

Tom.

Really happy to help here! About money, for me this is a hobby. If it comes, is well received, to pay the hoobies. :D

About the recessed walls, yes, I can do them in cheap plastic, White Strong and Flexible, the cheaper material at Shapeways.But we have to eliminate all the surrounding supports, doesn't it? I need to know the dimensions of the extra overhang. 4 mm?

Spacebob, we need you.

Also I am wondering about the accuracy compared to the MR.

I hate to keep asking for people to do stuff but my beloved MR Falcon is with another now so I can't.

Is it possible for someone to take some really good close up pics of all the recessed areas top and bottom of the MR Falcon????? :love:$

If anyone is thinking of doing this it is quite hard to get to as the mandible walls get in the way, I don't think I will be doing the bottom ones.

View attachment 415291 Three stages of meddling.
Cut the circle out.... Cut the wall away, leaving detail where it needs to extend.... Fit the new wall outside the old one :)

- - - Updated - - -

Also thanks for the answers guys I do prefer the 5' styled cone anyway :)

What is that red cap you put it in? If it works..I needz to know!

@jameth1971 I don't Know how much it should be, on the 32" most of them look like there is no overhang but in this one pic.....

636_SWO_1529detailweb.jpg

from the onedrive pics def shows something, may only be 1mm but even on my crappy ertl falcon they are recessed about 2mm and it just looks good like that.
So mine are a couple of mm because that's the thickness of the plastic there, that comes away... if you get me.

and @TronGod the red plastic is just a bit of pipe from my junk box (its from a swingball set), its not the right diameter and is cut at the back, I have another junk box at work full of bits and I'm going to look in there tomorrow for something more appropriate :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't mistake Tony's cockpit cone's as being 32in accurate. They are still the same shape as what is on the Hasbro Falcon and it is only longer at the REAR by 5mm to compensate for the short tube leading to the cockpit.

Exactly!

To build the exact 32" cone we will need to know the maximum and minimum diameter and length of the MR cabin cone, and adapt these measurements to the 67 mm cabin tube diameter of the Hasbro.Any help will be much appreciated!

With these stuff I can build a new cabin cone, totally 32 inch accurate.

@jameth1971 I don't Know how much it should be, on the 32" most of them look like there is no overhang but in this one pic.....

View attachment 415368

from the onedrive pics def shows something, may only be 1mm but even on my crappy ertl falcon they are recessed about 2mm and it just looks good like that.
So mine are a couple of mm because that's the thickness of the plastic there, that comes away... if you get me.

and @TronGod the red plastic is just a bit of pipe from my junk box (its from a swingball set), its not the right diameter and is cut at the back, I have another junk box at work full of bits and I'm going to look in there tomorrow for something more appropriate :)
What would be awesome if someone could find a coke bottle cap or something thats the right size..so we can drop in the details...fire and forget :)

Hi guys I'm just wondering, need a few opinions...
I was going to start a thread when i got to the painting stage which as discussed before is going to be a real lo-fi beginners guide to painting something like this and get a decent job without necessarily having to have an airbrush because I want anyone, of any level, to have an opportunity to have a near studio scale model of the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy for under £40-50 if that's all they have got. But...
I realize most people that have started cutting and such have already started their own threads.
my question is this.

Is it bad form to keep posting my modding details on this thread which is where I would prefer to do it because "it's where it's at"?

With all the different takes and approaches I love that whether you do no modding, crazy made up modding, reasonably accurate but "cheap" scratch building using crap (me),
bit by bit shapeways modding or all out perfect resin, shapeways, and pe parts conversion to the "cutting edge" this seems like a fun place to be and I like it here:)

What do you think?

I was going to start a thread when i got to the painting stage which as discussed before is going to be a real lo-fi beginners guide to painting something like this and get a decent job without necessarily having to have an airbrush because I want anyone, of any level, to have an opportunity to have a near studio scale model of the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy for under £40-50 if that's all they have got. But...
I realize most people that have started cutting and such have already started their own threads.
my question is this.

Is it bad form to keep posting my modding details on this thread which is where I would prefer to do it because "it's where it's at"?

With all the different takes and approaches I love that whether you do no modding, crazy made up modding, reasonably accurate but "cheap" scratch building using crap (me),
bit by bit shapeways modding or all out perfect resin, shapeways, and pe parts conversion to the "cutting edge" this seems like a fun place to be and I like it here:)

What do you think?

Where ever you post it I would follow along and appreciate it!

my question is this.

What do you think?

Please keep it here. Too many threads to keep up on already. That's my vote.

Heads up.. Walmart told me to pound sand on the price match.. :p Won't match price because its "IN-STORE" only currently... tho I assume when/if its in stock online they will have another excuse...I really do hate walmart!

- - - Updated - - -

my question is this.

What do you think?
Personally I like having as much stuff in one place... I like checking this as my main falcon news place...

Heads up.. Walmart told me to pound sand on the price match.. :p Won't match price because its "IN-STORE" only currently... tho I assume when/if its in stock online they will have another excuse...I really do hate walmart!

Just got back from Wally world and they tried to charge me $59.96 for another Falcon, I took it pretty bad and told them about the rollback online and they balked at me saying they don't pricematch online prices. I then asked to see the manager and lo and behold they immediatyely changed their tune and said they DID pricematch their own online prices, so I got Falcon #2 for 29.97 :) I then proceeded to ask about a refund on the overage of the price on my first falcon, and got the evil eye from them lmao

They weren't terribly happy with me.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back