New BMF coming

Found my receipt.

10/30/14

Six weeks ago...

Walmart has a 90 day return policy. I emailed them to see if they will refund the difference or if they will make me return it.

Since it's down to $30 I am going to get a second one.

They have a good price match for the same item advertised at another store. They will send you an e-card for the difference. I don't see why they would not on their own adds.

I'll let you know.

Okay so looking at Shapeways can someone explain the longer cockpit cone,what it's from,..32", 5 ft, etc????

Thanks

Tom

- - - Updated - - -

Also will two of the Falcon Turret Wells on Shapeways fit in the falcon, top and bottom???

Puls, which will be cleaner details. Shapeways or Resin???

In addition :) will the Turret Well be offered in Resin or, like the cockpit, will it be a Shapeways exclusive due to details, lighting, etc.?????

Holy good goodness this thing will be epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I hope two of the turrets will fit inside of the falcon since I just ordered 2 of them lol. as for crisper detail; imho I believe the printed items will come out over resin.

Last edited:
The differences in the cockpit are a little confusing now, the one on the toy is the same "shape" as the 5', the 32" one is pointier if you get me, the shapeways one is pointier to bring it in line with the rest (or most) of the ship I believe.

Just fired off my emails to Walmart..trying to get $60 bucks back for my 2 falcons :) I doubt they will help...

- - - Updated - - -

The differences in the cockpit are a little confusing now, the one on the toy is the same "shape" as the 5', the 32" one is pointier if you get me, the shapeways one is pointier to bring it in line with the rest (or most) of the ship I believe.
When I get my parts, I will take pictures for you :)

The different cockpit lengths is due to some saying the Hasbro was to short. Tony did a stock length and one with a 5mm ring extension on the back to make the tube longer.

The different cockpit lengths is due to some saying the Hasbro was to short. Tony did a stock length and one with a 5mm ring extension on the back to make the tube longer.

The one that is shorter on shapeways, is that a version of the 32" of is it just a more refined version of the one that is already there (the 5')

I'd love to see what you guys do with the FULL SCALE , but only front half R2-D2 from Bandai :) Crazy

Ha thats funny, buy two and you are set to go :)

Back to hasbro news I'm using some of the offcuts of the sidewalls to do some tests of the adhesion promoter or adhesion aid as my one is called (its the Hycote one that Jaitea recommended)

I will be trying two things, firstly on one side a couple of coats of primer and then topcoat, then I'll bend and twist the whole thing to see how well it holds up, and also on the other side I'll be superglueing some little bits of styrene sheet and then pulling them of to test that too. I'm only leaving it overnight to dry but in my airing cupboard so it dries fully (hopefully).
results tommorow.

I'm also spraying a second piece, I shall leave it longer between coats for the few days recommended and report back (won't bother with the second one if the first piece turns out good). hope that makes sense

The one that is shorter on shapeways, is that a version of the 32" of is it just a more refined version of the one that is already there (the 5')

Not sure if Tony's is the 32 or 5 footer. I would say it's at least a refined version of what is on the Hasbro. Tony, 32 or 5 footer?

Hopefully I've read your question right thereby giving you the answer you're looking for.

Hasbro based the cockpit cone on the 5ft Falcon meaning it has the same shape. The two cones Tony has done match this shape however one (the long version) just has the extra 5mm at the rear of it to give the forward cockpit tube the correct scale length. So they both match the 5ft Falcon shape.

Hopefully I've read your question right thereby giving you the answer you're looking for.

Hasbro based the cockpit cone on the 5ft Falcon meaning it has the same shape. The two cones Tony has done match this shape however one (the long version) just has the extra 5mm at the rear of it to give the forward cockpit tube the correct scale length. So they both match the 5ft Falcon shape.

How much of a difference is there between the 32 and 5 foot cones? Do we need Tony to make a 32 cone?

I have two Walmarts in my area, neither have the Falcon, out of stock online.....:cry

If anyone is thinking of doing this it is quite hard to get to as the mandible walls get in the way, I don't think I will be doing the bottom ones.

circles24web.jpg Three stages of meddling.
Cut the circle out.... Cut the wall away, leaving detail where it needs to extend.... Fit the new wall outside the old one :)

- - - Updated - - -

Also thanks for the answers guys I do prefer the 5' styled cone anyway :)

Not sure if Tony's is the 32 or 5 footer. I would say it's at least a refined version of what is on the Hasbro. Tony, 32 or 5 footer?
Hi guys!

I've been out for a day, and there are a lot of posts!!!

I've based my cone on the Hasbro one; the measurements are based on the original Hasbro. The long cone it's a second version of this Hasbro cone because some people are thinking that the original Hasbro cabin cone is too short.

I think that the Hasbro cabin cone is based on a mix between the 32 and 5 inch. The front round window is smaller than on the 5 inch version, but the shape is from the 5 inch...

Sorry Tony, not trying to make more work for you, LOL!!!

Oh, my package has gotten to Louisville, might be here Monday!

I'm happy with the 5ft cone, after all this Falcon is a compromise of both major Falcons so this doesn't bother me in the least.

But to compare the two different cones see this image posted by Tek2graphics on page 17, post #405, of this thread showing the Hasbro Falcon compared to the MR Falcon.

How much of a difference is there between the 32 and 5 foot cones? Do we need Tony to make a 32 cone?

I have two Walmarts in my area, neither have the Falcon, out of stock online.....:cry

Okay so looking at Shapeways can someone explain the longer cockpit cone,what it's from,..32", 5 ft, etc????

Thanks

Tom

- - - Updated - - -

Also will two of the Falcon Turret Wells on Shapeways fit in the falcon, top and bottom???

Puls, which will be cleaner details. Shapeways or Resin???

In addition :) will the Turret Well be offered in Resin or, like the cockpit, will it be a Shapeways exclusive due to details, lighting, etc.?????

Holy good goodness this thing will be epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Tom.

You can use the turret well on both parts, up and down. I think that the total height will be enough to fit two of them inside the Falcon.

The cleaner details will be for the 3D printed parts. Expensive but with sharper details. The resin kit for sure will include the turret well, but you will have to drill the 50 holes for lighting...

Many thanks for your support!!!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back