Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Got the Long Las done, just waiting on the decals. Took photos anyways! ;) Also finished up on a few more of the N7 Stampedes, again, just missign the decals that I hope will be in tomorrowz.

IMG_7172.jpg

IMG_7166.jpg

IMG_7173.jpg

IMG_7170.jpg

Picked up one of those "kids" Ironman masks at Walmart today. Going to see if I can paint it up to look interesting :)

Last edited:
Got the Long Las done, just waiting on the decals. Took photos anyways! ;) Also finished up on a few more of the N7 Stampedes, again, just missign the decals that I hope will be in tomorrowz.

IMG_7172.jpg

IMG_7166.jpg

IMG_7173.jpg

I love the paint on this, but the barrels seem a tad unfinished when compaired to the body of the gun. They need some more gribbles IMO, maybe some screws and a muzle break would help...

Has anyone tried using a couple of qkit MX009-1 digital counters for an ammo counter on a Nerf gun? I tried getting a QK154, but my soldering skills are not so great and it doesn't work. Rather than buy another kit for $10 more (preassembled), I found the MX009-1 counters, preassembled for less money and you can string 2 or more together to make however many digits you need. There just isn't much documentation on them so I don't know what happens when both counters reach 0. It will either reset to the preset value, flip to 99 or stay at zero, anyone know how they work?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

OK, I tried the MX009's out and I don't think they will work so good... My trick that I thought would make the counters stop at 0 didn't work, so they roll to 99 and sometimes it seems to double count.

On a side note though, I found out, as bad as my soldering skills are, they were not the reason my QK154 wasn't working. I had swapped the stock red led display for a green one, but used the wrong type. The kit is for common anode and the green one I soldered on was a common cathode. Oh well, desoldered it and hooked up a 2 digit display (ignoring hooking up digits 3 & 4) and it works like a champ now! One major question though...

What's the best way to make an enclosure for the display to mount to the nerf gun??? obviously it needs to be somewhat sturdy. I've thought about a soft wood, but not sure of the durability. Any suggestions?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Ah, I didn't even look at the shipping. I'm glad you caught that. I'll have to check around and see if I can find them cheaper somewhere else. That "Combat Force" brand is the same as the 92f's I picked up from K-mart I think so I can't imagine they'd be too hard to find. I was just amazed to find that design outside of the airsoft gun market.

Edit: After poking around for a good source for this type of toy (they make a whole line of blowback pistols apparently) I stumbled onto a site called kids-army.com that sells all sorts of soldier/cop/cowboy roleplay toys. Check this out:
cowboy-collection-old-tex-rifle-3__25378_zoom.jpg

If I was making am NCR Ranger I think that'd make a fine con weapon, especially after some mods. There's a bunch of other stuff on there too though. This one looks promising:
Combat_Mission_Machine_Gun1__32115_zoom.jpg

Last edited:
I was actually thinking of chopping it down into a pistol anyway, but I know what you mean. There's still a lot of good on that site. After I posted I found a set of 357 Magnum styled cap guns that were very nice. I realize they're not good for proper props, but for cosplay weapons that need to be carried into cons I figured they might do the trick for some.

Morning All

I’ve been watching this thread with interest, and there’s some fantastic work here. Now I’ve finally got something to add.

Here’s my Nerf High Tide super soaker. I filled in all the screw holes, covered up the raised text with some of plastic card and gave it a coat of satin black auto spray. Weathering is silver/gunmetal wash.

And it still squirts!

Badsprout

Here's a kit bash I put together, inspired by the guns of the Appleseed Universe.
The prop is a fully operational airsoft gun with a larger battery for some extra kick...
Seburo01_08.jpg

Seburo01_07.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back