Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Here's a kit bash I put together, inspired by the guns of the Appleseed Universe.
The prop is a fully operational airsoft gun with a larger battery for some extra kick...
Seburo01_08.jpg

Badass! As with the other customs you guys have posted here recently! Thanks for sharing them, love seeing them!

Ok, got the decals!! Woot. The white Stampede just needs some more weathering, but it's basically done. Same with the HALO Assault Rifle. The Red N7 rifle is all done and the Long Las is just waiting on one additional decal..

The gang..
IMG_7189.jpg

For arctic planets..?
IMG_7187.jpg

Warhammer 40k Long Las tribute gun
IMG_7193.jpg

IMG_7190.jpg

"Classic Red" :)

IMG_7197.jpg

IMG_7198.jpg

HALO!! Hehe

IMG_7194.jpg

IMG_7195.jpg

Thanks for looking - drop me a line if you want someting like this or whatever you can come up with...within reason, some of you guys are a bit too creative :)

A few phone cam shots from the new Lanard X8 I'm working. It's coming along nicely and I'm high from paint fumes! Woo! ;)

IMG_2997.jpg

IMG_2999.jpg

Okay, I need to know:
a) What guns are these? (nerf like knock off or something?)
b) how is the scratchy metallic look achieved? any tips?

Looks fantastic! great work.

Dan S.

Okay, I need to know:
a) What guns are these? (nerf like knock off or something?)
b) how is the scratchy metallic look achieved? any tips?

Looks fantastic! great work.

Dan S.

Thats drybrushing with some other stuff as well, but the scratches are from a rough brush and silver paint!

The Lanard X8 is typically found at K-mart. I haven't found them yet, but they are supposed to retail at less than $10.

Also, to help out fellow nerfers, the Nerf Speed Load (one of the new dart tag guns) is on sale at Amazon for $10 (I think it is also at Walmart for that much). I have also found the Nerf Sharp Shot on sale at Walmart for $3 (I bought one for every friend and a few spares for myself). Finally, the yellow N-Strike re-release of the Nerf Scout is also at K-mart (an exclusive release), sold in a two-pack for $20 (so you can stop paying $35 for an old one on eBay).

Finally, here are some updated pics;

TL-rebel_blaster.jpg

TL-reflex_socom_mini2.jpg

TL-strikefire.jpg

TL-nerf_case.jpg

...and a link to the gallery; (more stuff in the works)
Nerf Blasters pictures by aestivalis_in_irvine - Photobucket

Morning All

I’ve been watching this thread with interest, and there’s some fantastic work here. Now I’ve finally got something to add.

Here’s my Nerf High Tide super soaker. I filled in all the screw holes, covered up the raised text with some of plastic card and gave it a coat of satin black auto spray. Weathering is silver/gunmetal wash.

And it still squirts!

Badsprout

Very nice job on that! Looks kinda Blade Runnerish! ;)

These aren't nerf, but I just had to do a repaint on some toy western guns for our
dragoncon cowboys and aliens getups.

These were the largest plastic guns I could find over in the Cherokee reservation. You'd think they would have a ton of western themed items there... but that was not the case! There were $10 a pair.

303013_10150275013658581_643693580_7985777_549137_n.jpg

These aren't nerf, but I just had to do a repaint on some toy western guns for our
dragoncon cowboys and aliens getups.

These were the largest plastic guns I could find over in the Cherokee reservation. You'd think they would have a ton of western themed items there... but that was not the case! There were $10 a pair.

303013_10150275013658581_643693580_7985777_549137_n.jpg

Very cool gun! Do you know the maker brand? I've been looking for some that have a realistic size without an insane pricetag :)

I found them on their website:

¡¹ ¡¹ ¡½ ¡½ HTTOYS ¡½ ¡½ ¡¹ ¡¹

They are listed as a clicker western gun. I'm pretty sure they are styrene plastic, and just use a rubbe rband inside on the trigger. You can cock it and it will stay in place, and when you press the triggger it hammers. Thats all the functionality I really wanted, since ods are these will remain holstered most of the time. (I used the plastic holster from it opened up as a pattern to make better ones.)

I found them cheaper here:

weapons 1

And they have them in single or as a set.

The Buccaneer gun there also looks interesting, but is pricey for a cheap gun.

Here is what the guns looked like before I painted them up:

317151_10150275018493581_643693580_7985791_6748668_n.jpg

A few small ones I finished up tonight!

IMG_7174.jpg

IMG_7176.jpg
Man, that's a real beauty! Reminds me of some of the revolvers in Borderlands! :)

In fact, throw a scope on it, give it the right paint job, maybe throw on a couple green LED lights, maybe a couple greeblies, and it would make an AWESOME Maliwan Pestilent Defiler...

RV200_Pestilent_Defiler.png

:):thumbsup

Last edited:
Man, that's a real beauty! Reminds me of some of the revolvers in Borderlands! :)

In fact, throw a scope on it, give it the right paint job, maybe throw on a couple green LED lights, maybe a couple greeblies, and it would make an AWESOME Maliwan Pestilent Defiler...

:):thumbsup

That's a great idea! I have quite a few of them now and that should be one of the projects! Thank you

Those are awesome, you've got some real talent. Keep up the good work.

Very nice of ya. I am really impressed with the amount of tallent out there. Really glad this has become a place to show off cool stuff :)

I found them on their website:

¡¹ ¡¹ ¡½ ¡½ HTTOYS ¡½ ¡½ ¡¹ ¡¹

They are listed as a clicker western gun. I'm pretty sure they are styrene plastic, and just use a rubbe rband inside on the trigger. You can cock it and it will stay in place, and when you press the triggger it hammers. Thats all the functionality I really wanted, since ods are these will remain holstered most of the time. (I used the plastic holster from it opened up as a pattern to make better ones.)

I found them cheaper here:

weapons 1

And they have them in single or as a set.

The Buccaneer gun there also looks interesting, but is pricey for a cheap gun.

Here is what the guns looked like before I painted them up:

317151_10150275018493581_643693580_7985791_6748668_n.jpg

Very cool! I really appreciate the info. Time to go shopping..heh

(Edit) - the shipping from the second site was almost 10 bucks for UPS ground..say what? Are they actually lead? :) Still very cool looking guns, just gotta find some locally I guess!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back