Nerf Aliens Pulse Rifle Build

^ No, not the recon, the blaster core erikv is using for the lights and sounds :)

For the magazine, I cut mine with a hacksaw and glued it with hot glue. To keep the spring out of the way when you cut it, just push it all the way to the bottom and mash some paper towel in there to hold it down.

Ah, I get it!

I haven't printed the template (I'm sending it to staples today to print on some long heavy stock paper), does it include how long the magazine should be?

Thanks!

Last edited:
That is an amazing job well done.

I seem to be having some problems tracking down a longshot nerf gun anywhere. (the long strike seems to have been the replacement) Does anyone know of somewhere I could order one or another nerf gun that could be used in its place?
thanks

I can get Longshots...but then again, I'm in Singapore.

That is an amazing job well done.

I seem to be having some problems tracking down a longshot nerf gun anywhere. (the long strike seems to have been the replacement) Does anyone know of somewhere I could order one or another nerf gun that could be used in its place?
thanks

Iscar, there are at least 10 Longshot front guns on eBay and I can't get my hands on a single one because i'm in Germany. Craigslist or Goodwill do wonders as well.

~ Klotzi

The build continues, I decided to put a muzzle break detail on the end of the barrel to emphasise the LED flash.
012.jpg

^amazing! the muzzle came out great!

and for anyone on the longshot hunt, I got mine off Craigslist:)

Xenu: I never measured the magazine, just cut it and measure it up once you have the mag shroud finished.

Thanks for all your suggestions, no dice.
I`m going to try using a stampede instead, if it look 1 tenth as good as the OP I`ll be satisfied.

If I'd sell mine or build one on commission I'd have to charge $500 at least, considering the hours i've poured into my "Prototype" so far. 2nd build should come along nicer and easier.

Lol...that's the issue I ran into. A few people asked me to make them for them, but the price I would have to charge wouldn't be worth it (I assume). It's not a difficult build, but it is pretty time consuming, and the price of the base guns alone make it prohibitive.

Maybe I'm missing out on a lucrative market though ;)

For everyone so eager about progress shots, here's a quick mock-up. Just gave the shroud and ammo clip a rush of paint, same for the main gun. This thing will be my "prototype", I've never thought that it would be so much work and that i'd make so many mistakes on my way there.

Still not fully assembled, nor painted or glued, but one can get a rough idea of what it's going to be once its done.

r4f8k.jpg

~ Klotzi

Great job Klotzi!

I'm a little apprehensive about making the curves on the inside of the handle. I've never bent styrene before. Should I invest in a heat gun or can I just make those curves with epoxy sculpt?

Great job Klotzi!

I'm a little apprehensive about making the curves on the inside of the handle. I've never bent styrene before. Should I invest in a heat gun or can I just make those curves with epoxy sculpt?
I'd build up layers of styrene and sculpt it from there.

Wow! Looks great! Love the weathering on it!

How did the bondo stick to the styrene for you? Tried it on mine and it just peeled right off, so I scrapped it altogether. Would love to see one with the bent styrene though.

One little trick i did to un-Nerf the gun was to chop off the little N-Strike insignia shield on the side of the Raider stock, and then just wrapped a little strip of styrene around the stock (there is a little hole once you cut it off).

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back