Nerf Aliens Pulse Rifle Build

Excellent thanks for that Quest.
I had it all wrong with the way I was looking at it, I thought the extension carried on down the line of the orange bit and into the recon. I didn't think about it going under.
I would have to agree this version is far cooler than the original. I've had to start getting the nerf guns for another as my son is nabbing this one and I want one for my man cave.
Quest I salute you for bringing the pulse rifle M41b into existance.

I have been looking around for an LED counter to add to this but all the pulse rifle ones I have found are very expensive. There are plans online for DIY event counters but appear to be beyond my skills to construct.
I found FK936 4 digit counter kit which I think I will get and try replacing the 4 digit LED with a 2 digit.
I will need to wait until next month though, still dodging the wife after buying a blaster core.

Hi guys

Every time the counter was mentioned I got a niggling in the back of my head, so I did a search and found a thread I read right hear on this forum way back before I became a member.

http://www.therpf.com/f9/pulse-rifle-counter-97560/

Juno might still do them so I'm going to find out. It'll look kick a** to have a working counter on one of these :thumbsup

How do you guys make the indentions on the sides of the shroud (I believe they are screw holes)? It looks like the styrene was melted with a soddering iron maybe.

I heated the styrene with a hot air gun and then used a counter sink bit in my drill press to push the styrene down into a countersunk hole in a piece of MDF. When heating the styrene you need to watch you dont warp the piece or burn the styrene.

Thanks! I was worried about exactly that: burning and warping. That sounds like a good method since the styrene is flat on the MDF and should help keep it from warping while heating.

Lol...Erik's method was a bit more technical than mine: I held a lighter under it for about 5 seconds, then pushed the styrene in with a screw head :) Not the ideal method, but cheaper than buying a heat gun.

The LED display I plan on using is 21mm x 25mm, I don't know how accurate this is to the screen used ones but fits my purpose.

little update: I got my Matrix airsoft pulse rifle the other day, and wanted to show some comparison shots with the nerf. The only thing I can see that I could change is the angle of the guard thingy over the front of the barrel. All the other differences are just to make it fit better with the Nerf.

The clip cover is as narrow as I could get it and still fit the clip in, and the little gap at the very back bottom of the shroud is the slot to fit the button for the sliding stock when it's all the way in.

Size-wise, the nerf version is about 15% biger than the real deal one and, of course, mine actually has a working grenade launcher and trigger ;)

compare1.jpg

compare2.jpg

compare3.jpg

All-in-all, I'm REALLY happy with how close these are to each other.
This is actually one of the most amazing SF gun builds it's ever been my pleasure to see- I'm FLOORED!!!
You're ready to rock N' roll!!!(y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup

You could drop klotziDotCom a PM (post #131 above) and ask him. It sounds like he makes the real ones.

I do not make the real ones, I just know a couple guys who built a counter system that can be used for NERF guns, basically readymade platines with a photo sensor and a counter in a nice housing.

The LED display I plan on using is 21mm x 25mm, I don't know how accurate this is to the screen used ones but fits my purpose.

That is about the same dimensions my LED segments have, the digits are 14mm in height:

RtVKV.jpg

Sorry for the crappy image, but this is my build so far. I've done a lot of filling and sanding on the shroud to give it a more "rounded" look, bent metal rarely has sharp edges and some spots are a real pain to do. I have to redo the clip inside, this is a little off when inserted (and no one tells you that its kinda hard to cut down a nerf clip).

I'll post my trigger solution for the grenade launcher here as well once i'm done, this will be third iteration of it and should be sturdy enough to make sure the launcher can be fired.

The LED segments fit nicely between the walls inside the Recon (and are aligned about right with the templates, even size wise) and leave enough room for wiring. The battery will go inside the main shroud under the shoulder stock. I'm back in a job again so I've had enough time to start the build, but now its going to take a while to get it finished. Hope to have it done until next weekend.

Just let me know when I can be of any help and quest, thank you again SO MUCH for these templates. This thing will be a bomb.

~ Klotzi

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back