Narcissus Builders Club N Stuff.

Looks great!

I hope no-one minds me asking this, um...can someone say what scale this is being built to? I'm curious because PR describes the original SS Narc' as being 1/24 and 30" long, but on another thread here I've read a comment from him saying his latest build of the model will be 36" long. This (superb!) model is 28" long, yes? Tis a small thing but it's been bugging me for ages now.

Ok.... Update. (Long Overdue). Sorry for the absence and lack of updates. Had a bit of real life stuff to deal with. Long story short I've been hectic at work and we are currently in negotiations to sell my business. Also doing some prep work to sell the house and move across country to Cairns.(Paradise). This has taken up a heap of my time and with the newish baby and the other two boys it has sucked my time Dry. Anyhoo back on track now. I've cast up some of the pieces. I cast them up flat and got some good clean parts but I'm going to redo them with the pressure pot. Martyn and I are going to have a monster casting session this weekend so we should have something good to show next week.

I'm really happy with this new resin I have discovered so the parts are silky smooth. I'll get some pix up soon.

Simon's just been slack and as he dobbed me in for another project wot I have been busy on, I blame him for me being slack too. :lol :p

Nah just also busy mesself, and still some problems with the cutting and such. (Simon...you know the slotted edge strips? STILL missing a slot mate! Augh! I'll just dremel it but you need to tear strips off the cutting guy till he's across it.)

But yeah we should have some nice pics this WE...I have rubber curing right now too...

I'll probably have a couple of teaser pics tonight actually. I was working in the freezing cold wee hours last night...bloody went and slashed the tip of one finger into the bargain...I bleed for my art. :lol

Gonna freeze my house extension plans later this year and actually start building. I need indoor modeling space, seriously. The shed is great for vehicle projects but it's just a big drafty steel shed. There are rats and bugs; it's a manky hole when it comes to hobby stuff.

Eee, that's proper decadent. We 'ad no decals nor spit to apply them with, on account of our Dad making us lick the house clean 't night. We 'ad to paint our own markings wi' our own blood.

Well, I've just fed my moulds cold poison then beaten them to death, I think. (Translation: crap, I hate pouring resin on cold, damp winter nights. Bleh.)

great to hear there is more progress on the narc and by the way martyns modelling shed is a bad as he says.i won't go in it any more since i saw rats gnawing on his red jammer.lol.:eek

Yeah Rod but of he leaves the rusty old cars in there long enough they will just be a pile of dust. That way he can just sweep up and fill the space with more models he will never build. Like me.....

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back