Mystery Millenium Falcon Kit

Nah, certainly wasnt the MPC or Airfix. I had one of those. The Box art Used a similar Image but didnt have the artwork at the top. The box was also much larger
Here is the original SMT artwork

C3C0D57A-4082-4B66-BAF7-58B769697F5E.jpeg

I have four of these beasts. I've been gathering upgrade parts for the Hasbro Hero Falcon hoping they will work. Haven't yet unboxed one of my SMT kits to test fit the parts. Stupid to buy parts when I haven't test fit parts to see if the Hasbro and SMT are compatible. The kit is large. I love it, but it does need some work to make more accurate. I have been looking for build posts over the years to steal ideas and techniques. I'm a lurker and thief when it comes to model building tricks and upgrades. I learn from other's mistakes so I can avoid them.

I have four of these beasts. I've been gathering upgrade parts for the Hasbro Hero Falcon hoping they will work. Haven't yet unboxed one of my SMT kits to test fit the parts. Stupid to buy parts when I haven't test fit parts to see if the Hasbro and SMT are compatible. The kit is large. I love it, but it does need some work to make more accurate. I have been looking for build posts over the years to steal ideas and techniques. I'm a lurker and thief when it comes to model building tricks and upgrades. I learn from other's mistakes so I can avoid them.
Very cool! Any pics of the front of the SMT boxes?

If I kept them it would be extremely difficult to locate. I bought Sterlite plastic container to store my kits so I could lay out the parts better. I bought the later three kits when the kit wasn't supposed to exist anymore at the behest of Mr Lucas' lawyers. I was still obtaining kits when they 'didn't exist anymore' nudge, nudge, wink, wink. I would assume only the first ship had an original box. I do recognize the image that was posted here. In my memory that is the image that was on the box. I could be wrong. That could be a pic that was used when Blue Moon reissued the kit several years ago.

Just scrolled up and saw the full image of the box pic that was taped to the top of the box and when I saw the image of Colin riding the rocket my memory clicked. I did receive at least one kit with that larger paper sheet taped down. That should be the paper that was taped/glued down. My other kits: Probe Droid, B-wings, Y-wings, etc all had the same image of Colin on his rocket with a photo copy image of Master Wong's build up of his kit. Pretty sure you nailed the original image.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back