My Take on a Warrior version of Wonder Woman

That looks great!! Tell me, on a scale of 1 to 10, how hard is it to make a corset?

Thanks!! actually corsets are not a lot of work depending on the style on average I would say about a 4. This was tricky because I didn't have a pattern to go off of just a cheap corset I found that had the basic structure I was looking for. This corset I made with the leather and actual cups built in was more of a 7. Normally I make my corset reversible so it can be very tricky if you have one with a front closure and shoulder straps. If you want to know more send me a message.

Looks awesome so far, love your take on it, great stuff

Thank you very much :)

You made a corset!

HAHA yep I love making corsets for costumes since they are very adjustable.

This looks amazing! I'm working on a much, much, much easier 1950's pinup-style Wonder Woman for Alabama Phoenix Festival. I'm so impressed by your corset. I'm terrified to try to make one. I can't wait to see it all finished.

got the swords done to the point of needing just the final paint job this weekend. Here are progress pics of adding the topper to the swords, will post a pic of the swords after they were put together later tonight.

sword hilt progress 1.JPG sword hilt progress 2.JPG sword hilt progress 4.JPG

Okay so a lot of work has been happening this week. Here is the pic of the swords ready to get their paint and detail work done.

swords primed and ready.jpg

I also had to scale down the scale mail to fit in the side openings of the skirt. Here is a before and after photo
Before one panel:scale mail 3.JPG
After both panels:scaled down scale mail.jpg

Also so far this week I got the detail work done on the belt, so that is ready to be primed and painted
finished belt.jpg

Was able to whip up a template for the eagle on the chest.
eagle.JPG eagle mock on corset.JPG

Opting to not do the full chest armor at this point and time....so now how to figure out how to attach this sucker once it is made.

Im not sure if you thought about it or if it'd work but maybe you could attach some temporary clips like this behind the eagle uploadfromtaptalk1401549107015.jpg
So it would be detachable. And as i said if you attach the clips with something removable it would make it easy to work with if you wanted to attach the eagle to the corset permanently.

One option is velcro. Stitch one side onto the corset and epoxy the other to the backside of the eagle. Makes it easy to disassemble for travel, and if it does get knocked off at any point, you can put it right back on.

Im not sure if you thought about it or if it'd work but maybe you could attach some temporary clips like this behind the eagle View attachment 332392
So it would be detachable. And as i said if you attach the clips with something removable it would make it easy to work with if you wanted to attach the eagle to the corset permanently.

One option is velcro. Stitch one side onto the corset and epoxy the other to the backside of the eagle. Makes it easy to disassemble for travel, and if it does get knocked off at any point, you can put it right back on.

Thanks guys!! I really like the clip idea so that I do not have to add anything to the corset and can use it for other costumes down the road. I was looking at Velcro but was trying to minimize what I needed to put on the corset so I could use it for other things just as a corset.

SO I had a really busy week of working on this project among others. Here is an update on all that has been accomplished the eagle has been cut out and molded, all the trimming on the armor and swords is done and the paint job has begun. Below are a bunch of progress pics from this past week:

eagle base.jpg Molding eagle.JPG Eagle after shaping.JPG finished eagle prior to primer.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Finished armor prior to priming.JPG Primor and start of paint job.JPG Sword details.JPG

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back