My Take on a Warrior version of Wonder Woman

Okay so a lot of work has been going on this past week and weekend. I made a mock of the corset to design the bottom of it to work with the skirt
. corset mock front.JPGcorset mock side.JPGcorset mock back.JPG

Once that was done and figured out I created the lining of the corset to make sure everything worked and would fit. Luckily it did and came out just perfect.
corset lining.JPG

Tonight and the rest of the week is dedicated to the scary task of cutting and sewing the leather :unsure
pattern on leather.JPG

So keep posted Wonder Woman is getting close to the fun part of making the armor :D

As promised there has been a lot of work in just the pass few day on building the leather pieces for Wonder Woman. Had some issues with the sewing machine not working, but got it fixed to a point that it sewed pretty well. So last night I finished sewing the skirt. All I have left on it is some hand sewing and adding the hard wear (grommets and stars)

front and back skirt.JPGfront leather skirt.JPGback leather skirt.JPGunderside front.JPGunderside back.JPG

love how the stitching turned out on the back, wish it would of done the same on the front piece but that's the piece I discovered I was having a few issues with my sewing machine.

Cutting out the rest of the leather tonight and probably will make the shoes tonight.

OK so almost had the red leather of the corset finished but accidently flipped sides of two on the pieces so spent half the night ripping out seams and re-cutting a few pieces. But I also go a bit of the hardware done on the skirt.
Skirt with stars.JPG

Been a busy bee this week with the sewing. Finished putting the red leather together for the corset, all I have to do now is sew the lining to the leather make the channels for the steel boning and put it all together. I am also looking to maybe have all the key pieces done for Awesome Con cosplay competition here in DC in 15 days, wish me luck :)

leather corset.JPG

This weekend I spent building the armor out of Worbla.

Step 1: Make patterns for all the armor pieces
Tiara pattern design.JPG

Step 2: I cut the actual sizes of the armor pieces out of craft foam to be sandwiched between two pieces of Worbla a little larger then the craft foam

Step 3: I heated the Worbla with my heat gun to get it movable and sticky and the sandwiched the craft foam between the two layers
Bracers process 1.JPG

Step 4: I then trimmed the extra away
Bracers process 2.JPGChest piece process.JPG

Step 5: I reheated the pieces and molded them to me to get a good fit. Warning; the Worbla gets very hot so to mold it to your body you need to had running cold water the run the pieces while wearing them under as soon as you get them molded to you. This keeps you from burning yourself and makes the plastic set up faster.
Chest piece and Bracers process.JPG

I now have all my pieces done and just need to do the detail work and paint.
All armor bases.JPG

I did a lot of research on how to work with Worbla and my best resource was from a Cosplayer named Kamui she has books on how to build and paint armor out of Worbla and Wonderflex. this is the link to her online store KamuiCosplay | Home | Online Store Powered by Storenvy. I really recommend these I would of been lost trying to do this project with out them, so I have to give her props.

So it has been awhile since I have given and update. I have been crazy busy lately so haven't been able to spend much time working on WW. With that being said I have started adding detail to the armor; mainly just trimming the edges right now so they look nice. I have also started sketching out the very detail work on the belt and the bracers to be transferred onto the actual armor using transfer wax paper.

Here is design for the belt to be sculpted out of "friendly plastic"
belt sketch.JPG

Looking great!!

Wow! So far so good

I think this is going to turn out fantastic! Great work! :thumbsup

Thanks everyone!!! I am really looking forward to getting it done and wearing it. It has been a labor of love since November. Been taking my time with designing it and research to make sure I portray her right. Shouldn't be long till the pieces start forming from the pages to a reality.

It sounds like you have the heart and soul of the character in mind and it will show in your work. Can't wait to see pictures of you wearing your labor of love!

Promises to be epic. Zelikovitz (www.zelistore.com) is where I buy my dyes. You can change the tone to one you like better. I make armour so if you need any tips on assembly feel free to pm me.

Sent from my C6616 using Tapatalk

Hi Kingsley, Was wondering if you had any experience with making leather shoes and the best way to attach rubber soles to them? Also if you have worked with scale mail on a pauldron? I am debating adding scale mail to it when I created one, I am still playing with designs for it. Thanks :D

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back