My Take on a Warrior version of Wonder Woman

Scale mail yes. Shoes nope. I make pauldrons a few times a year. I do know a cobbler I could refer you to...

Sent from my C6616 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Scale mail yes. Shoes nope. I make pauldrons a few times a year. I do know a cobbler I could refer you to...

Yes the cobbler would be great. I have a simple medieval shoe pattern, just having issue figuring the best way to attach a sole to it.

Thanks so very much!!

wow, you're going for some great detail there. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Thanks!! I hope I can deliver on all the detail; it is a slow process but needs to be to get it done right.

Last edited:
This is excellent! I can't wait to see your finished product!

Are you planning on tackling any of her accessories (sword, shield, etc)?

This is excellent! I can't wait to see your finished product!

Are you planning on tackling any of her accessories (sword, shield, etc)?

Thanks!! I am actually going to try and make two swords Greek style with a cross back sheath, so I won't really need a shield. But I will have the golden lasso of truth and I am going to try and make it a true lasso and not just a golden rope.

The best cobbler I know is Beth. You can find her info here:

Her page is Elizabeth Tyler Leather Care - Home

Thank you very much I will be sure to ask her my questions.

I have been busy working on this costume, mostly a lot of hand sewing and adding a border to all the armor pieces. I have been hand sewing the seams of the leather corset to the lining before I use the sewing machine to finish the casings for the boning. The skirt is getting grommets set today and will be completed tonight allowing me then to resize the scale mail to fit just in the side openings. I am also hoping the add the eagle to the breast plate this week. I will have pictures soon of all these latest updates.

OK so got all the edging done on the armor and all the casing sewn on the corset. The skirt is done just need to add the side lacing so I can get a pic of what that looks like on. Need to just cut the spiral steel boning to size and finish up the corset this weekend.

armor with trim.jpg corset with casing sewn.jpg close up of casing.jpg

I designed my swords last night and opted for short Roman style sword making them out of wood to give them some heft and making them a little more durable. I am making two of them and a cross back sheath out of left over leather. The total sword length is 28" and the blade is 3" wide at its widest part. I have decorative pewter drawer knobs to top off the hilt. I am hoping to have these bad boys made by the end of this weekend.

swords 2.JPG

This weekend was dubbed WWWW (Wonder Woman's Weapons Weekend). I nearly completed the swords this weekend with the help of my Father once he figured out what I was doing raiding his tool shed. All I have to complete are the hilts, painting, and adding the detail work. The first cut at the swords left the blade wide and oversized, so we sanded down the edges by 0.5" on both sides to get the narrower bald shown in the final pic. Below are progress pic from this weekend.

sword progress 1.JPG sword progress 3.JPG sword progress 4.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

more pics:

sword progress 6.JPG sword progress 7.JPG
sword progress 9.JPG sword progress 10.JPG sword progress 11.JPG
sword progress 14.JPG

Cut to length and caped all the boning needed for the corset; 18 pieces in total. the boning I used is a spiral steel boning that bends with the body well but also keeps the shape of the corset.

boning.JPG

THE CORSET AND SKIRT ARE FINISHED!!!!! (Doing a little happy dance) I am extremely happy with how they turned out given the issues with my sewing machine and that this was my first time making clothing out of leather. Now I can focus on the weapons and armor :D

finished corset.JPG finished top and bottom front view.JPG finished top and bottom back view.JPG

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back