My Russrep Pertwee Sonic Upgrade

The Next Doctor

Well I finally got my Russ Pertwee and Baker Sonics, and within 20 minutes of opening them my 7 year old son broke the Halo section of the Pertwee. He was playing around as the Doctor and well he dropped it on the kitchen floor. Well after staring at the pieces, and listening to him cry because he was so upset, I told him he could help me fix it. Some Gorilla Glue and a couple of hours later, the Sonic was back in one piece.

Well, always one to improve upon something that can be improved on this is what we did.

1) The Bullet Section: I didn't like the fact the the "flat side" of the bullet looked like something was missing. So taking an idea from the toy, I added a beveled washer and screw to the sonic, giving it a proper look.

2) I replicated the markings on the lower half of the Sonic in the fashion of the CO toy. This was done with 2 types of black detailing tape, some with plastic tape and black electrical tape.

My camera ran out of juice, so this is the only pic I have at the moment, but I can get some more tomorrow if anyone is interested.

CIMG2629.JPG

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back